Thoughtful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thoughtful Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:33 am

So many applications and variations of Thoughtful Thursday! Thinking of others (bw2's dh, Harmony, Kathryn and others) and thoughtful of our own self-care. And then there's thinking through the day, the week, the issues of the day (teens and pre-teens, LadyM?), what to do today, and what to eat today.

So many ways to be thoughtful today!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:52 am

LadyM, I would have liked to have that manual. Some days, even now. It sounds like you've untangled all the issues.

I had a productive anti-procrastination day yesterday pruning down the Evernote inbox. There is still stuff from years ago in there when I get down to the bottom.

Our supper last night was baked chicken thighs and sweet potato fries and a little fruit cup for dessert. It's a good way to get a little fruit into dh. The sweet potato fries were a change from the baked sweet potato, and dh isn't that fond of chicken thighs but I try to sneak them in.

Today I need to get groceries and I work out at two. Also need to make (hopefully) last corrections to DAR supplemental application? I committed myself to going to the meeting next week where I can get the printed form from the registrar then all I have to do is to mail the whole thing in and wait, lol.

I need to get moving. Yesterday I was through a.m. routine at 10:15. Getting rolling now, goal is "Crossroads of the day" at 10 a.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:24 am

thoughtful Thursday - a good start for the day - thank you d twins.

d twins I am so glad you had a good anti-procrastination day!!! good for you!
you have got this with the DAR application!

to everyone
I hope today is a wonderful day for you.

I am behind the 8 ball - I forgot to give cat her insulin yesterday.

I ended up going home yesterday bc of a migraine that finally hit. I have been fighting a background ache for 3 days and when I didn't eat lunch, bc I forgot my wallet for the hospital, bam it hit with a fury. I slept hard for 4 hours. Now I don't have a headache :D

moving forward positively.

CHEERING YOU ALL ON!!!

I will see dh right after lunch
it is always a joy to be here with you!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 am

Good morning! I don’t say it often enough — thank you for opening things up, Twins! There are times I get here before you do, but I can’t think of any way to open, so I just wait in the parking lot, as it were.

I picked up a mocha on the way from dropping off DC (who has a calculus test today), but as usual, it has hit my gut before hitting my brain. Wakey, wakey — not.

Have payroll work to do. Also have to take DD for a blood draw — she has an endocrinologist appointment on Monday, and it’s much more useful if the doctor has the thyroid numbers available. Should take my glass fusing project from last girls’ night to its intended recipient — one of the gang who is still in isolation after a stem cell transplant. Next girls’ night is Saturday, so it’d be nice to have it done by then. :roll:

Sorry about the migraine, blessed. Glad you are feeling better.

Off to get to work!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:56 am

Good morning

((((Blessed))) Take care of you. You have a lot to juggle.

goal is "Crossroads of the day" at 10 a.m.

Love this!

I'm on my 3rd hourly ME vs ME challenge. All is going good.

I am attempting to slow myself down in preparation for getting semi-annual infusion tomorrow. I want to get that treatment while being well rested with low stress as possible. For me going low stress is enjoying more garden time and less out-of-the-house time. This morning, I was smiling in the garden as I harvested purple asparagus spears and found radish and pak-choi seeds sprouting though the dirt.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 am

Not by 10 a.m. but I'll take 10:30ish. I am heading on to the grocery - better to go now than after I work out I guess. I hate going to the grocery honestly. Who am I kidding? I hate to leave the house.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:54 am

Twins', I did notice yesterday you mentioned me in one of the ways you said we might write things down - that wasn't lost on me, I was just in the zone. You didn't mention I needed safety pins for my method lately. (smile) Old school. Today I have safety pins still pinned in nice leftovers of fabrics, holding post-it parts, lol, so I'll have to undo those for my scrap basket, but everything got sewed where it was supposed to!

Answered your ? in A, C, and N thread, although an analyst might start scribbling on his pad about me.

Glad the migraine left you, blessed. Yay for headaches being in the rearview mirror!

Mystery, don't sit in the parking lot. Come right up to the door and say, "Open Up!" in whatever way you like. Dd25 hits the coffee place in the mornings, but she's noticing very much lately that she's heavily budgeted, so she took things to her work to try to satisfy her morning coffee enjoyment.

Tobias caught a mouse in the middle of the night. I had told HRH it was going to happen, because even though we hadn't seen a mouse ourselves, I know this cat and his stalking mode. So, HRH slept on the couch and sure enough about 2:00 o'clock, he had a loud situation. They did their usual Catch and Release Program, ending with Tobias getting a treat for bringing 'em back alive and spitting out outdoors. :roll: This seems to satisfy Tobias' urge to give a gift now, but it took a while, early in his life, for him to get used to it. It is probably a difficult adjustment to civilization, to watch that perfectly good mouse run away.

I don't know if dd was able to sleep through it, but I did.

HRH made dressing (like, for a side dish) early this morning for no apparent reason. I guess he was still wired from the mission.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:30 pm

Home from grocery, I also dropped stuff at Goodwill (since it was all in the car) and had the car washed.

We're getting more sun today than I expected - from the forecast I thought it would be cloudy all day but the sun is in and out. Should be giving me some extra energy, but I'm feeling oddly tired and achy today. Perhaps the workout on Tuesday? I'll probably need to take it slower today. My lower back is achy - I should stretch before I go too.

Also need lunch before I go, wlll need to leave in a little more than an hour.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:38 pm

Tobias is one smart cat!!!! So glad he spit it out in the outdoors. I don't care for a mouse as a present 8-) I am always worried that the dogs and cat will drop a mouse on me when they are in the hunt. When I was a little girl - I scared a poor mouse with screaming - who knows why I was so afraid - and the poor mouse jumped to the door handle over and over again. I don't like when mice run through my legs to get away from the creatures.
Glad your dh let the cat and the mouse outside!

thank you all! I love when migraines disappear! :D

good luck on your grocery shopping and errands d twins!

I love the Me vs. Me challenge d lady - reminds me of my dad's philosophy of competing with himself rather than focusing on competing with other people. He loved competition for fun and nothing else. He said he tried to improve on his skills/learn from previous work.
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. praying the infusion doesn't make you tired.

hi d mystery best wishes for DC with the calculus test!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:41 pm

I played ball with the dogs. hid their duck for hide and seek - the dogs love it!!!
I only did a 10 minute exercise circuit
dishes are in the dw
counters are clean
emptied boxes to the recycling bin.
ordered dog food and cat litter bc taking time to go to the store right now is not a good use of my time.

next grab the vacuum cleaner and go through the house.
get dh's stuff together - I have to go after lunch.
I don't want him to feel alone but I also know that I need this time for me.

I am considering bringing down the bed - I will talk to dd's before I do that. I know dh wants to be upstairs and downstairs. I don't know yet what my plan is.

Return to “Post When You Can”