Keep the Focus Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Keep the Focus Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:06 am

Ignore the rabbit holes that are calling, keep the Focus!

Yesterday I read a genealogist online say he wasn't only down a rabbit hole, he had a whole warren! A warren is a network of interconnected rabbit burrows. So avoid those!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Keep the Focus Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:41 am

I am feeling tired this morning.

I can't remember if I posted after my workout yesterday - decent workout as always - but the afternoon felt crazy. There was a stray dog in the neighborhood and dfriend M tried to take him to the local shelter, which is full, and only accepting strays by appointment. And the first appointment they could get was this weekend. Now M had a knee replacement less than two weeks ago so she could not keep this dog in her garage until the weekend. So she had to turn him loose, with much guilt. (Remember, she used to volunteer at the shelter.) And the dog ended up in my backyard, and I had to keep dMillie in to avoid him, then dog was accosting walkers on the street - not threatening but dMillie sure didn't want to play with him. M walked up to warm me - too late - that she had to let stray loose in the neighborhood and stayed to visit a bit and catch her breath. Another neighbor texted that another neighbor's ddog had to be put down because he was ill. And dh called twice about dinner out and I missed his calls both times. We went out early because he was home early so we were back by 6:15 and I should have done some things but I just collapsed.

I wish our neighbors would keep their dogs in. The stray yesterday lives somewhere around us. He was posted on our neighborhood Facebook in January so someone's dog is getting loose and roaming.

In the afternoon I was trying to read email, and make last minute corrections, to DAR application. Only got to second half of first comment, so that's my job for today.

So I collapsed last night - did watch the State of the Union speech off and on - but I'm just waking up tired. There will be no finishing a.m. routine by 10 a.m. BTW. Off to walk my own restless dog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:11 am

Good morning

The difference in DS15 waking up on a school day vs a non school day is noted. School days he is slow, cranky and procrastinates in getting started. Work days he is eager, happy, and excited to get started on his day.

ME vs ME hours #1 and #2 challenges have been completed. Not perfectly but at about 90%. I don't seek perfection every hour of the day. The second time I went outside this morning I couldn't resist putting my hands in dirt. I repotted 3 more tomato plants. I would have done more but DS15 came to the garden to ask if I wanted to look at his duramax tires. Sure! DS15 and a friend swapped tires last night and now the pickup sits 3" higher. Great.....I struggled to get into it before it was raised and now it will be even harder. The floor of the pickup interior is about hip high to me and there are no steps. I reach up on tip-toes and grab a couple handles to help me climb in. It is not a gracefully climb in but anyway I can get it done. Thankfully I don't ride in that vehicle very often.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:34 am

I love the idea of staying away from rabbit holes but mentally and physically (not stepping into things that will take me off track) .
thank you d twins.

hello all. cheering you all on.

hi d twins hi d lady -

I don't get pedicures often but dd older and I are going to meet at the nail salon. She thinks it would be good for me.

dd older will go to the hospital this afternoon and I will go this evening.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:12 pm

Bw2 have fun with happy feet!
LM can you get a small step stool for that trip to keep in the truck when you go?

I slept in till 6:30 the the diesel truck down the st. is on a diff. schedule and I am getting more sleep as a benefit. :mrgreen:
Reviewed my successes with my day yesterday and I am well pleased and happy with my progress! YEA!

My dsis was happy too help with cattle moving opening gates and got to use her new cowboy boots! :mrgreen:

I think I have found where the branch I want to cut off is at the trunk I can cut off hopefully. Will be today's project.
A low hanger one in the way when I mow and others close to the ground on a diff. one. So as we get longer days and warmer temps. I can
do those. x
Did my "SS lesson" aka work book for a book I am reading currently Do the New You by Stephen Furtick, no answer but had room to write out my thoughts and that helps!
Did some more writing.
Did most of my a m stuff. Bfast will be a burrito. x
Frosty out again here 27* / 55* F. for today.
It has been fun watching the birds get water in the back yard, one container is not up for spring, young birds were trying to use it.
Other bigger birds were at the other one like they were saying it's over here! =D Goal to do a sketch version of that, & tree branch down & ladder
drawing too.
Taking a break now ... before I pick up branches in the new to me wheel burrow I got last summer!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:14 pm

hello d Nancy as well!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:19 pm

ordered groceries and put them away.
keeping family informed so that we are all on the same page.

I am a little cranky - but it's understandable. dd is with dh.
counters cleaned
sink cleaned
emptied some thing in the refrigerator
had lunch

what I should do -
vacuum the kitchen
rinse the kitchen floor
I should empty the fridge and clean it a bit.

pull laundry from dryer
flip flop laundry

I would like to make a greek salad
I would like to cook the chicken I just bought with wine, onion, mushrooms

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:35 pm

Home from trip to the city.
✓ Blood work done
✓ infusion done
✓ Walmart done.
✓ Lunch bought
✓ DD12 to DD47 home
✓ On way home stopped and bought 3lb chicken and 3lb brisket from BBQ place.

I am going to try my best to relax the rest of the day. I feel great but don't want to push myself after the treatment.

It is hailing here! The ground is covered with pea size hail. DH helped me bring my plants inside.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:24 pm

I got in the walk for the dog before the rain started up again. I've nearly made my goal for today - that is, the remaining steps for the week divided by remaining days of the week = steps for today and tomorrow to get me to goal. Any thing over today puts me closer tomorrow.

I have been burrowing through rabbit holes with no focus whatsoever. Made a card for dneighbor who lose her dog yesterday and left it in her mailbox - she didn't answer the door. I've chipped away at the remaining notes in my Evernote inbox, and am down to seventy-something. I've rebooted the sheets for our bed that are now in the dryer done. I've piddled. I've talked to dd. Everything but doing things I should have been doing. Somehow I'm thinking I probably need it somehow.

Our supper tonight is Eggplant Parm from Costco with a green salad.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:59 pm

On our way to College Town. Raining, but we waited a little while to see if dgs’ baseball practice was cancelled. We went ahead and left when it started raining pretty hard and the wind was blowing so hard it was hard to open the back door! We were about 30 min out of town when ds got official word that there was no practice.
But now we’re stuck in the afternoon traffic in Big City. I’ll have to take my turn driving soon.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”