Satisfying Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Satisfying Sat.

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:15 pm

Oh, I hate to hear this, Rose. Prayers for Wayne and all of Norma’s family.

We are sitting in the parking lot at the basketball game— got here early so DH would be sure to get close parking spot, so he doesn’t have to walk a long way. We won’t go in for another hour.

He’s sleeping and listening to a baseball game. Kids have really been good this whole trip!

(((LadyM))) It is very understandable that you would be worried about LordM. How long has it been since he saw his doctor? Is he at the age that the doctor automatically does that short memory checkup? I think at 65, our doctor starts it — about 30 questions?

(((Blessed)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:09 pm

So very sorry to hear about our friend Norma! And RR has written so well about her life and their friendship and her dh. How very sad.

I've been back and forth with DAR registrar on the application and analysis. She really is into the details, the punctuation, having it exactly how the "genies" people that review these, want them. So I wait for her blessing.

I need to get in the shower soon. We are having dinner out with dfriends A and V.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:31 pm

RR thanks for letting us know about Norma she is missed. Thoughts and prayers for her friends and family.

I got the clothes out of the dryer and brought em upstairs.
Glad for the fan & lav. scented Epsom salts that helped to freshen up the basement paint room.
My pumpkin custard turned out really well and I put the rest in the fridge.

Cloudy and windy outside here now.
I did a bit more writing.
Listening to some fun do wap pop music.
I mixed up some bread it is raising now done and yummy!
Did the dishes up & put em away.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:58 pm

Picked things up at two locations, then on the way to dd's work she began to fret, what if the doors were not unlocked. We were at first buoyed because there were cars in the parking lot but, no, the doors were locked. She searched her car and finally found the card to swipe - whew. That was a slice of life. Inside her offices we spiffed some, arranged flowers with new water, etc. She took photos of the items she'd brought, sent them as emails and was done.

At a new-to-me grocery store, I was sobered by how poor my eyesight was for determining which item was the exact one I wanted to buy. Sigh. If on highest or lowest shelf, I was squinting.

Return to “Post When You Can”