Satisfying Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Satisfying Sat.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:59 am

How are you prepping for a satisfying day?
Woke up early on my own today.
Have done my QT & journals.
Eggs are boiling to use later.
I have bfast out to cook in a bit.
I painted a couple of rocks just for fun it is my painting day.
Laundry is going.

Next up: clean up the patio area.

Did not freeze last night yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:46 am

Good morning, Nancy!

Glad your weather is pointing toward planting/gardening time for you.

Yesterday was a busy day that didn't yield many tadas for me. I did visit my colorist. Lots of housework, mostly bathroom cleaning. I don't think i had slept well the night before and so I did definitely take a nap, but I wondered "what caused this?" because I couldn't think of much accomplishment!

I had some Desk Day done and so did dd25, so she has carried our output to the mailbox. Appreciated that because it's raining.

Twins' Mom

Re: Satisfying Sat.

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm

Good morning, Nancy! Thank you for starting us out!

We're to have clouds today but not rain, and tomorrow - we see the sun again!

This morning I need to do next round of corrections/review on DAR app. Sent it back to her at 5:30, it was back to me at 10:30 last night, lol. Said she would final look this weekend.

I need to do some planning ahead. I've laid out my planner through 3 April, when we leave on trip. We get home on 19 April and night of 22 is Passover. I need to lay out priorities for next week, and keep up with the list of what should be done before the trip.

Good morning, Harriet!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:47 pm

good morning - thank you for starting us d Nancy.
a satisfying Saturday sounds wonderful!

waving at you all
hello d twins, d harriet and d Nancy!

dh has dd and his d sisters and d niece over at the hospital now.So happy for dh! I will go this afternoon. His d brother is coming this afternoon.

There is sun and there is a brrr type cold outside.
The joy: it is a new day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:09 pm

Back from our walk!
Took yt short.
Had bfast 1st.
Did more on my lesson work book.
Laundry is in the dryer.

Spiffed kitchen counters.
Made a small pumpkin custard yum!
Got my step count done for the day.
Worked on my desk a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:28 pm

Hi!

It's a cold and windy day and it's been raining on and off all day. Snow is in the forecast.

Therefore... we are having soup and grilled cheese for supper. Pea soup for dh. French onion for me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:13 pm

hi d cathy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:23 pm

dh had his sisters this morning
dh has his brother now
no more bleeding - yay - more draining but no blood. dd said they gave him something that was supposed to help the blood stop.

I will go over to dh at 4 to wash his hair and get him cleaned up.
I feel bad that his hair was dirty for his visits.
He was great for them and dd happy

I have this awful internal dread feeling since last night and I don't think it's about dh's health. I think it could be a reaction from the up and downs during the week.

I have seen him at his worst and I am grateful his family saw him being able to breath.

I had tried texting dh yesterday and the middle of the night. By accident he put me on silent - lol I hope it was by accident but again I know he has no idea how to do that with his phone.

Hoping to turn to the positive again. remember it's out of my control.
There was a lot of good today for dh!
Okay a new afternoon!!! :D

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:46 pm

Need to let y’all know I heard from Wayne, better known as Mr Guy just called us to say that Norma Jean died this morning. It wasn’t much of a surprise as Norma had been ill for the past year and in and out of the hospital and rehab on a regulars basis this year.

Although I am not sure, Norma had been having trouble with her heart as well as some other health issues for quite a while. I know she would visit here without signing in and of course since we talked regularly she always wanted to know how y’all were doing.

I believe Norman was 83. She had two sons that she out lived. One committed suicide at an early age and her other son was a schizophrenic. He became homeless in his 30’s but Wayne and Norma always knew he was. He died several years ago at age 58 when he was hit by a car trying to cross a highway

Wayne is her second husband and they were a pair! Norma and I became friends when she mention here on at vikliage that they were wintering in the town next to us. We decided to meet for dinner with our husband and both Mr Guy and Sweetie order spaghetti and our husbands became fast friends

We went to dinner several times a month and spent every Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter meals at the golf country club close by. Even my son and later his family became their friends.

Both Sweetie and Mr Guy have a passion for classic cars and both own on. Norma loved to read .. it was her passion.. she loved mysteries and detective stories

In the mid-50’s Norma worked for the FBI under J Edgar Hoover and entertained us with many stories about him.
I once asked her if she was named after Marilyn Monroe but she said it was just a name her mom loved.

We spent many hours in each others home and although Norma wa terrified of Willis at first… he was a Pitty boy… she quickly learned to love him. No visit was ever complete with out her spending time giving Willis bunches of love.

Once it became clear that both Wayne and Norma’s Health was beginning to decline they made the difficult decision to live full time outside of Lake Taho.

We kept in touch with weekly and sometimes more phone calls. We knew Norma had been taken to the hospital once again last week, but Wayne didn’t seem to concerned at the time.

They were married for 35 years and the man truly loved Norma. He spoiled her all the time to the point if Norma saw something she liked she had to be careful about mentioning it to Wayne because he would buy it for her if she wasn’t looking

One of the best thing this village is the friendship we share… and I am particular lucky because Norma became my real life friend and I know she loved you all
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:06 pm

Looks like I may be riding out with dd25 this afternoon. She has to pick up items for work at two places and then take them there because there is a small event tomorrow. We probably won't see anyone. No one there on a Saturday. HRH says if anything she brings is new and valuable, cover with dishcloths from the work kitchen until her boss goes in tomorrow. Hmmm... .. good idea, but I would think no one goes through there except perhaps night watchman? I'll suggest.

This evening is prayer meeting. Perhaps I'll sew some along with the first chatty part. There is another lady who does that, too.

Oh, just seeing that Ramblin' posted as I was typing.

I gasped when I read. ((Mr. Guy)) ((Ramblin' and Sweetie)) Yes, I remember that you and Norma "met" each other "with" us, then became IRL friends. And thank you for writing about her life a bit. I remember when she lost her remaining son and she didn't know at first - so hard. How wonderful that her marriage with Mr. Guy reached the 35-year milestone. Mr. Guy shared with my dh lifelong work in food manufacturing and Norma and I laughed about those stories some. She was so cheerful and bright. I remember also when they decided to stop the annual back and forth and stay in Tahoe, yet the times we were so glad she rallied with better health (often because you let us know first). We will miss her here.

Return to “Post When You Can”