Sunday from Standard to Saving, Spring Forward!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday from Standard to Saving, Spring Forward!

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:47 am

This is the 107th year, and most of us still have to be reminded whether we gain or lose an hour! lol (All who observe now haven't all done it 107 times.)

As we blink at the clock today (with a bit of a frown, perhaps), will we grumble all day OR decide to be grateful for what we can : the help that daylight savings intended, the "earlier" sunshine heralding spring?

How can we spring our week forward with calm planning today?

blessedw2

Re: Sunday from Standard to Saving, Spring Forward!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:01 am

(All who observe now haven't all done it 107 times.)
:D :D :D

thank you d harriet for starting us and reminding us to start with calm planning!

I hope you and everyone here has a wonderful day! I am sitting in dh's room and he is still asleep - the ICU is super quiet!!! I am surprised dh is still asleep.

I haven't been here for two days - he had so many visitors and was super happy about that.
He looks good. It's amazing what two days could bring.

I brought shampoo and bathing things for dh. dd said his hair looked bad yesterday.

My goal:
get ready for dh to come home after biopsy tomorrow. Equipment should start coming tomorrow.
my brother lives 2 hours away, but I think I will ask him to help me bring dh's bed downstairs, along with his computer. I need to remove furniture from there; I will start on that today.

I could wait and see if dh can go up the stairs, as dh wants, but I think it is better to be prepared. dh won't be thrilled one way or another.
I could get one of those chair lifts but he won't use it.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:12 pm

Glad things are looking up, bw2!

We had a nice evening out with dfriends - food was Levantine and served family style - a serving dish on the table with plates for us to take a portion. In a way, I dislike these because it's so hard to decide what to order among four of us. And hard to decide how much food will be enough before we see portion sizes. It was an excellent meal and evening out.

Before we left yesterday I had a big disappointment - thought we were nearing the end of this application and realized (with nudging from registrar) that two of the wives aren't proven as a mother. How do I know the 1850 wife is the mother of the 1825 born son? So those mother are "X X" and I need to correct the references and take out documents that don't apply now. :roll: Hoping I can do this tonight while Dh is bowling, but just emailed because I don't want to presume she will have time before the Wednesday meeting to review it yet again.

I think we're going to the phone store to see about a new phone for me. Not sure how long it's been but it's a X. I'd be okay with phone as it is but it won't charge through a cable anymore and so needs an induction pad, which can be inconvenient when traveling.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:46 pm

Up at 8:00 even though I went to bed at a reg. time.
Changed some clocks last nite. I will to others later I like to keep one on the old time till I get Rx. adjusted.
rough morning youngest sis heavenly bday. Had some tears.
Lost of heavenly bdays this mo. & ann. dates. sigh.
s2s happened
Did qt and most of my journals.

New moon day.
Bs was in ack land

Sort of on a time crunch.
-----
Made it to church.
Stopped by the small market they had a meat sale. :mrgreen:
Restocking the freezer has begun.
Got a few other things too while I was there.

Did a short walk around the block with ddoggo some one was target practicing
and she insisted on returning home with only half a walk in so will finish up later.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:09 pm

Only Nancy since I posted before? But it's 2:45 new time of a new day! And sunny here, but very windy. You know about March!

We went to phone store and I have a new phone. Believe it or not, no trade in on the old one, lol. So that done. We went to Tar-jay across the street and got a case for it, I need to order a screen protector too. Geez, have to do a lot of reentering passwords too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:56 pm

d twins oh I hope you figure it out. it sounds like it's a lot of information to go through to get answers.
Glad you had a nice evening with d friends!
the Levantine food sounds wonderful! I looked it up and it looks delicious!

d Nancy = hope your sugars even out.
glad you were able to make it to church.

I had a plus... I didn't change the microwave and oven time in fall and now I have the correct time (finally) 8-)

dd older, I think, has finally hit her limits after a week of dh being in hospital, last weekend filled with social plans (3 days in a row), visiting with d cousin and aunts all day yesterday with dh and tons of logistics for dh's care to go through.

I am trying to decide if I should exercise first and then vacuum and wash the floors. I know I will be busy tomorrow so I am trying to decide if I should do some Monday chores today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 pm

It's been a quiet day here. Ddog has had three laps, I took care of the DAR form (I can only hope) and dh has gone to bowling. I am going to veg out.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:45 pm

My Dgd stopped by and we had a good visit. Gave her shower gift & some fabric,
a knitting tote on wheels, hot pads & dish cloths for prizes at her shower. She took the prayer shawl too. :mrgreen:
It was a good visit.

Had a good visit with my dsis too.
Having a better day now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:38 pm

I was semi successful in slowly down for a day after I had treatment on Friday. Today is DH birthday so we celebrated with family here and eating.

CUOP and getting mentally ready to start another week of school/homeschool and other activities. The things I need to prepare for....
** Cooking Irish dish for elderberries luncheon on Tuesday.
** Cooking Baked Potato Bar, loaded Nachos, pulled pork, ham, and other toppings for 125 people on Wed
** DD12 to counselor in city on Thurs evening
** Preparing DS15 to go on mission & skiing trip next week. He is going to a concert this weekend so the prep must happen during the weekdays.
My eyes are firmly planted on Friday when we start 10 days of Spring Break. No school or homeschool for 10 days. I am sooooooo looking forward to that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:46 pm

Happy Birthday to LadyM's dh!

Am I the only one who had to take a nap today? And I napped too long, definitely.

Tobias has had a frustrating day. He knows what time it is, but we don't seem to, and mealtime is just too important to mess up.

Dstepson came by to visit and while he was here dd44 called to tell us she and her youngest were out walking and might drop in. So that was a nice visit. Everyone is so relieved to see sunshine after days of rain.

Waiting now for the young man to drive in with dd25. He came and picked her up for a day trip to a mountain town this morning. We kinda hope he can come in and chat this time, but I'm sure they'll be tired.

I had been staring at the next step in sewing and knowing something wasn't quite right. Finally, I realized I was trying to position a clear, see-through ruler upside-down. So, I'm so glad to get that right. I did work on the top during part of prayer meeting last evening, but most was too interesting for that.

We finally changed the most confusing clock - the stove clock. Every six months we both find ourselves standing there fussing at it. As usual, we got it "close enough" within a few minutes and will just be grateful to have two clocks in the kitchen.

I have been able to use the day to plan my week. I'll need a dash into a grocery, believe it or not. Sigh. I have some baking planned, but it's for others, not to stay in our house. The tax lady is expected to call and that will mean several chores, likely including a trip out.

Return to “Post When You Can”