Tobias' Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tobias' Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:36 pm

ME vs ME hourly challenges are beginning again. I am not going to wait until tomorrow to start. I will start where I am. The 2pm-3pm hourly challenge is on.

I have been eating food that upsets my body and zaps my energy. I am stopping as of this moment. It will take a few hours to lose the heartburn, bloat and yucky feeling. It is a PITA to go through detox but at least I know how and what to do. I expect that it might take 3 days to get back to my normal high energy. The sooner I start the sooner I will get there.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:02 pm

Oh, blessed, do not apologize. I am sure it was me who misunderstood. It must have been getting the biopsy confused with getting to come home. Still, it sounds like he is cheerful, with his hello!

I got out to the grocery for the quick trip. Had hoped to combine with other pick-ups but they weren't ready. It's okay - I went to closest grocery.

Back home I made ds' favorite pie, for one thing. (oops, sorry to mention pie, LadyM!) With his bday coming, it won't be long before it's Kathryn's dd's bday. They are Jack Benny's age soon. (nooooooo! it can't be so!)

I've been sewing and have rethreaded and rebobbined (lol) without much trouble. (Sometimes that can ruin your day, for sure, but I got lucky.)

Enjoy your radio listening, lucylee.

Hope you feel better soon, LadyM.

That is a smart transition, Nancy.

Good job at P and P's Crossroads, Twins'. Oops, sorry about the schedule mix-up - sounds more like me than you.

s t r e t c h i n g and back to sewing machine.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:44 pm

My first hourly challenge to restart was a success. I went outside twice during that hour because that is a sure-fire way to energize myself.

It was a birthday weekend celebration here which means we are on sweets, processed carbs including pie overload. DD47 made and delivered a couple dozen mini pies for DH birthday. Peach, apple and blueberries mini pies have been freely consumed. There are 4 pies still waiting for someone to eat them.

Hourly challenge #2 is completed.
#3 is underway
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:37 pm

waving!!!!

d harriet thank you! Does anyone ever tell you how special you are!

All of you are so special to me!!!

I tried stopping at the garden center for bird seed and it was closed. It's okay - the dogs came with for a lovely - stick their heads out the window with their ears flapping, ride. I try to keep the windows up for bug season or freezing cold but today was perfect for them.
I also refilled their pool and you would think I gave them the world. labs love the cold.

happy birthday to your dh d lady!!!!

dh is very with it today!!!

hello d Lucy too!

hello dear everyone.

It's so nice out and I would love to be outside. Tomorrow I am hoping to see dh in the morning and work outside the rest of the afternoon.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:12 pm

it feels so good to be home!
played with dogs
fed cat and dogs
saying a prayer for gratefulness for this moment of relaxation!

I am praying for wisdom, focus, acceptance and positivity.

I think that all of what has happened to dh has finally hit me. That and knowing dh is coming home again; I have a feeling, just a feeling, that dh will be fighting me on all his care etc.

I think I am going to write down what I need to do tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday.

I spoke to dh that physical therapy may not want him to walk upstairs. He agreed that buying a twin mattress and spring would be a good idea.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:31 pm

Yes, happy birthday to LordM!

And to Harriet’s dd and Kathryn’s dd — and Kathryn— we miss you!!!

(((Blessed))) I know you will do great with your dh when you get him home! I know it’s scary, and if I were in your shoes, I’d be having some tense moments too — but time and time again, you have proven that you are the best caregiver your dh could ever wish for! I’m praying for you both, and your dds.

In just a minute I will need to hang up dh’s clothes to dry… and then I have one more tiny load (black and navy) and then I am FINISHED for this day. Bathrooms s/s and dmom’s bday gift wrapped!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”