Tobias' Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tobias' Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:55 am

Harriet said:
Tobias has had a frustrating day. He knows what time it is, but we don't seem to, and mealtime is just too important to mess up.

I think most of us are with Tobias today. The time change messes with our internal clock, which know what time it is should be. Here's to change, an extra hour of sunlight at the end of the day, and getting our meals on time, more or less.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tobias' Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:03 am

And for me, how did I set up an appointment for a haircut at 10:30 on the Monday after the time change? And from there, I go immediately to body work.

Last night I finished up (I hope, again) corrections to application and did some reading. Still had trouble sleeping last night, and I'm feeling pretty bleary eyed this morning. Need to do major three: breakfast, s2s and walk dog before going out in two hours. Eeek!

Editing to add: done with a.m. routine by the "Crossroads of the Day." I can do this when I need to!

Dmillie and I saw four deer this morning when we walked around the block - a bit of a reward for walking earlier. They are often on the other side of our circle so I see them now and then. Have to spot them before the ddog gets wound up; they bounded away once she was barking.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:29 am

(photo deleted from PWYC)

This is the face you get, sitting beside you waiting for you to pay attention, wondering if you have lost your mind. This is the guilt face.
Like, WHAT are you doing? There is nothing in my bowl and the sunshine is RIGHT THERE.

I'll take this out at the end of the day. HRH was determined I should post it. He made it this small.

But the REALLY interesting thing today is that blessed's dh may be coming home from hospital today, hurray!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:43 am

Sweet Tobias!!! What a beautiful boy!!!
He knows!

I remember when my brother milked cows and the big joke was that no matter what time the state said the time was, the cows kept coming in on their internal clock; milking is milking. 5am milking became 4am milking- did not matter to them. Dairy farmers had to go by the cows time not the people's new time.

d twins thank you for starting us!!!

I am sorry you had trouble sleeping last night - hope you have a restful night tonight!!!
how lovely to see deer!

I have an appointment with d dog today.
I lost my phone somewhere in the house.
------------------------------------
Dh isn't coming home - sorry for the misunderstanding!! His equipment was supposed to come in today but that's not happening. Dh is having a biopsy today and an ent appointment to see why he can't keep his oxygen up and see why he had been bleeding,(which is gone). mostly.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can continue weaning dh off the oxygen and that his body starts keeping up with his oxygen needs on his own. He is happy to be alive right now and I am so grateful!

lol yesterday they had him use his Passey Muir valve to talk to the them and dh so happily did a tigger HELLOOOOO a couple times. It's a bit of how dh says hello jokingly when I come home bc it makes the dogs happy. He loves his dogs!
--------------------------------------
time to work.

waving to you d twins and to everyone.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:18 am

Good morning

Apparently, I am off all hourly goals, challenges, schedules, or anything resembling discipline or productivity. It was hard to get myself to slow down before/during treatment and now I find it a similar difficulty getting myself to gear back up again. How long can I sit in my recliner while eating freshly baked fruit pastries and scrolling social media? I seem to be a world champion in doing this successfully. It is so easy, comfortable, and mind numbing. There could be upsides to doing this....I might be training for pie eating challenge. ;)

I suppose all things come to an end......I need to be out the door in 10 minutes to ride with DS15 going to his music lesson.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:23 am

So I fed my dog half of her food at the old time and half at the new time and bites in-between.
We have been transitioning for a week and are nearly there.

Got up at past six a bit today.
I have a letter to get ready to mail.

QT done
bujo done
bfast x
dp x
journaling x
bfast x

fetch & process mail. x
yea important paper work made it to destination! :mrgreen:
lunch x
wrote a poem.
walk x
Picked up the back yard.
Got the trash emptied and it's ready to go out in the morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

Oh thank you for the photo of Tobias! What a sweetie boy. We join him today in frustration.

Hair cut done, and on my way in a minute to body work. Had an extra ten minutes so stopped at home. I'll need coffee later.

-----------------

aaaaaaand, my body work appointment is next week, not this week. How did I miss that? Anyway, I'm back home trying to figure out the rest of the day, and trying to ignore my impulse to take a nap.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:42 pm

Music lesson is done We went next door to the saloon to eat lunch. Everything is hand prepared and cooked after you order so there is a wait to get food. Here I sit waiting for someone else to cook my food. This is so not me. I want to get back to my normal ways and doings.

We are doing a reduced homeschooling this week. We are still doing assignments in all subjects but only using single curriculum instead of multiple curriculum.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:50 pm

d dog's lump on leg is nothing - yay! it's probably a hair follicle that is plugged.
re: Lyme disease - they are doing another test and then will give d dog meds for Lyme disease. They gave her pain meds for her joints. One step at a time!

dh not sure yet what is happening with him re: biopsy- I plan on going there at 4 to 8 pm as he will be back in his room!
I have to update keeping myself busy at night bc dh being out of the house in the evening is very very quiet. I am so used to him shuffling along and listening to his radio that I hadn't noticed until he was not here.

waving to you all

d lady - yay on music lesson being done. Enjoy your lunch! enjoy the less strenuous school week. I totally get that- about the recliner. It's so easy to fall into when tired especially with the time change!

d twins I too love the photo of Tobias!
Your hair - stunning!
sorry you couldn't do your body appointment today!

hi d Nancy. I have to do that for our labs bc one is gaining weight
yay on your work!

hello d harriet!

hello d everyone.

Keeping positive.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:08 pm

Just plugging along here. Dh is having a rough day, but we are doing the towel laundry. And normal laundry.
And cleaning bathrooms.

Looking forward to listening to the Grand Ole Opry tonight, however. They are replaying the 50th anniversary of their move from the Ryman Auditorium to the “new” Opry House at (then) Opryland. President Richard Nixon attended and played the piano. He is the only president who has ever performed on the Opry, although several have attended.
Sadly, Opryland was torn down and a huge mall took its place, and the Grand Ole Opry itself has been going through a lot of changes, modernizing, not always for the better, but it still remains… approaching 90 years as the longest running live radio show in existence.
650 AM at 7:00 pm, if you’re interested.
Last edited by lucylee on Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”