One week to Spring Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: One week to Spring Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm

Home from an enjoyable 1.5 hours spent with 18 Elderberry DFriends. The Irish dishes were interesting. All had potatoes. All but one main dish (mine) included cabbage. One of the main dishes had ingredients that were dyed a bright green. I did enjoy the novelty of taking a few bites of bright green food but couldn't get past the green dye making ingredients look the same. #MakingMemoriesWithFriends
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:13 pm

AT&T man is here. I hope he doesn’t end up replacing our modem. I don’t want to have to reset passwords on everything. (Phone, chrome book, etc.)

I’ve done nothing today except s2s, Bible reading, went to post office, read the paper and eat… a lot.
Oh — and phone call with ds… which led to phone call with dmom … to postpone her birthday dinner AGAIN. This time bc ddil and both dgrands have strep throat. :(
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:23 pm

I used to do green food meal used green eggs called green eggs & ham the shell was green, salad spinach, and lime jello.
It was fun and the family liked the change up of the menu idea! LOL! :mrgreen:
I need to pick out my clothes for Sun.

CI feeling better now I did get the wheel burrows unloaded and branches are in cans to go out next week
and the following couple of weeks after. Fresh air was good for me...
I rained so I watched a couple of episodes on net flicks.
Looks like we are between showers not sure how long.
I forgot that I had some stuff on my bujo to do like move vol. plants.
Okay I dug out apx. 6 weeks and moved about three vol. plants just a few big rain drops.
Only ten min but it's still progress.
Swiffer x
s2slippers x
<-Mop
<-Sheets
:lol: Nope only some of that will be getting done today I suspect.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:09 am, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:42 pm

LucyLee - Hopefully the technician will keep the same network SSID and password if he does change out the hardware. If he does then you won't have to change all the devices connected.

The bright sunshine is causing seeds to pop through the dirt in raised beds. I have no idea what is growing until the plant gets past the first couple of leaves. I used to put stakes with names when i planted seeds but this year I find myself just planting seeds. I have some onions to plant - those are easier to identify. What fun is that? :lol:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:52 pm

hello again

it's crazy to see things popping up! good for you for just planting seeds! Name that plant will be a wonderful thing to do this summer - I can't wait to hear about their beauty!!
D lady I am so glad you had fun with your dear friends

I have weeds - many many weeds - this year creeping Charlie has mad a big comeback - I haven't had that for years.

d Nancy green eggs and ham with green sides - so fun!!!

d Lucy - hope they can fix the problem!
you did do things - look at those errands, Bible study and read. (and a phone call)
praying for your little ones that the strep goes away fast!

d everyone hello.
I spent time outside and now it's time for clean up.
I could do weeds still but I think I want to do my exercises.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:41 pm

Beautiful day here! I had a great workout - was with R because the other gal who works out at two is still sick. He's into "dad jokes." After I went by the big garden place across town - was thinking of getting pansies to fill in some of my planters that don't look so great but pansies are apparently on the way out. They only had a very few, and no mixed colors. Not worth doing I think. I did get a nice fern for my front porch sitting area, and a second for in the back, at least until it gets hotter. It will need to come around front to get out of the western sun once things warm up.

Need to email back to DAR registrar. Hopefully we're getting close. ;) ;) I am going to the meeting tomorrow, hopefully I'll get the printed application from her, ready to mail once I add all the documents to it.

Been holding my breath today about getting my Global Traveler interview scheduled. Dh and I had agreed we would do it as we arrive back in U.S. on 19 April, but now our flight gets in later than four and the office there closes are four. So trying to get it scheduled at closest place that we can get it - near Cincinnati OH, across the river in KY! But we could do it on this Saturday a.m. if I can get my appointment set up. Annnnnd, I think I've got it!

Ok, back to DAR info now. Dh will be bowling tonight.

(Yard talk) Dh has changed lawn services again. He wants someone to do it all, and to notice if the grass gets brown and take action. Treat for bug, weeds, mow, trim, etc. etc. etc.) No one is ever going to do it as well as he things someone should. The grass is grown up now - needs mowing, and the new one hasn't started yet. :roll: Anyway, our grass looks green and lush, except for the place in the back that got brown last year, and the ddog burrowed a place to lie there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:48 pm

All good! We're back online and no modem/password change necessary. Problem involved squirrels chewing through lines, apparently, and something else he didn't really specify, but it was all outside the house.

AND -- thanks blessed for the encouragement on my "doing things" earlier -- but now I have a "real" ta-da!
I have Swiffer dusted the den/hallway/dining room/center bath... and the computer room. Counting time switching Swiffer duster, this took 48 minutes!
I do NOT know why, but my 3x5 card said 15 MINUTES for just the den/dining/bath/hall section. (There are no doorways between the den/dining/kitchen. They are separated by half-walls and the hallway and the cabinetry in the kitchen, but all open to the other.) WHY I estimated only 15 minutes, I do not know!!!
My 3x5 also said 12 minutes for the kitchen, laundry, and computer room. Ha! I spent approx 15-18 minutes in the (tiny!) computer room alone!!!!
When I timed this, I must not have moved ANYTHING AT ALL. I did move pictures and misc things today, but * whew * that's a pretty big discrepancy in time estimates.

I am also questioning the value of silk plants. Does anyone still have those? Our house looks like it was frozen in 1985. Which is okay with me for the most part -- I still actually like my wallpaper and cabinets, and my furniture (the couch has been recovered a couple times.) We really need to paint and re-do the carpet, which is showing its age, but I'm not having a fit to redecorate or anything. It's just these silk plants. It's impossible to keep them dusted and they just look dull and old. I may just throw them out with the trash one day.

I will do our bedroom later -- while dh is showering, or tonight when he's watching tv in the den. If I dust in the room he's in, it stirs up his allergies. Right now he's lying on the bed reading the paper -- the light is better in the bedroom, according to him.
I also need to change sheets and vacuum, but that will be later tonight or tomorrow, and vacuuming may be next week, for that matter.

LadyM -- YOU were the inspiration to get up and dust! I was reading a book on my phone while the tech was here, so I could sit in the kitchen and listen for him to be coming in and out.
After he left, I wanted to sit back down and finish reading, and then I thought, "No, this would be a good reward for doing some of the WHB dusting..."

Oh. I also need to PUPA in dgrands' room. It's a mess.
Another question... WHY do children seem to always want the bed covers in the FLOOR???
But I can't blame them for the fact that dgs' Sunday clothes are still laying on the bed. I don't wash them every week. He only has them on for 2 hours each week, and most weeks he has his acolyte robe on top anyway. He could wear a swimsuit and no one would know except the people he saw in Sunday School! :lol: :lol: I usually rotate through his Sunday shirts, alternate khaki and navy pants, and wash shirts after two wears and pants when noticeably dirty or embarrassingly wrinkled. (His Sunday clothes stay over here because he always spends Sunday nights with us.)

Sunday is the 17th, isn't it? I need to find something green also. DS's band is playing at two different churches here in our community this Sunday, so we will be going to those churches. I wonder what the temperature will be. It is definitely spring here -- Bradford pears and daffodils are blooming EVERYWHERE and my eyes are itching. Allergies may account for ds and dh's cold/flu symptoms. DS tested negative for strep (ddil insisted he go to family doctor with her after dgs tested positive and pediatrician felt dgd should be treated also.) Family doctor said ds' symptoms didn't sound like strep, and his throat must not have had the tell-tale white spots.
Our yard looks terrible. It is mostly weeds anyway. I mean, there's a base of bermuda grass, I think, but we live in the middle of a pasture, so lots of stuff blows in and sprouts and it's just a mess. Our yard man hasn't started yet either, and it really looks bad around the shrubs, where there is no semblance of wood chips anymore. The shrubs were originally surrounded by wood chips, with a border of railroad ties. Now, the railroad ties are deteriorating and the wood chips are GONE. But as y'all know, we've got higher class worries around here.
Has anyone heard the old Stuart Hamblin song, "This Old House"? Well, that's us. I think dh thinks, as the song says, "Ain't gonna need this house much longer, I'm getting ready to meet the Lord." Sigh. (If you look it up on YouTube, I recommend the Gaithers or the Cathedrals.)

Has anyone heard from Kathryn, or Harmony?
LadyM -- didn't you speak to Mr. Harmony at one time? I wish Harmony could let us know if she is checking in and I hope she knows how much we are looking forward to her return!
Same with Kathryn... I do hope everything is okay.

Waving to EVERYONE!!!! It is so good to no longer have to share one little phone with dh in order to have internet!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:29 pm

yay d Lucy on your swiffer work!!!
no I have not heard that song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WhLhF12TBE Stuart Hamblin - first time hearing it.

I thought of the group Madness song "our house". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwIe_sjKeAY
Crosby Stills and Nash "our house" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKYjUn-SBcg which I like better
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:29 pm

I was thinking about d harmony and d Kathryn as well as others.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:54 pm

Blessed — I love your house songs too! The first one made me LOL — the mother!!! I had heard the song but had never seen the video!
I’ve always loved that second one. And sometimes I do feel so grateful for my house… a very very very fine house.
Other times I do fear what’s going to happen since dh “ain’t got time to fix the shingles, ain’t got time to fix the floor.”

Do you know, Stuart Hamblen wrote that song after a hunting trip with John Wayne. They actually came up on a deserted cabin and an old man sitting there who had died! His dog was sitting there, guarding the body!

Update — 12 min to dust bedroom . Card says I could do bedroom and bath in 11. I don’t know who made out this card ;) but she was either (1) a lot younger and faster than me or (2) a liar!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”