One week to Spring Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

One week to Spring Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:55 am

My calendar says there's one week until spring begins! Hurray for spring!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: One week to Spring Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 am

Good morning!

Twins - Thank you for opening the SHE village today.

I love spring. it is my favorite season. Yesterday I was excitedly pointing out the beautiful spring displays (tree leaves, flowers, green grass, baby calves, ets) as we were driving through the country. DS15 thought I was being a little excessive. REALLY? I do not understand how you are not excited about it?!
Hum....Unless you are someone who does not like change......aka DD12. She is not thrilled that I will not let her continue to wear her winter coat. A heavy knee length fur lined with hoodie coat has not been needed for awhile but I've not picked that battle in hopes that she would change on her own. It will be in the 80's today with bright sunshine so I am insisting that it is time to change and not wear a heavy winter coat.

I am back in my groove today and it feels sooo good. It will take me awhile to get all the plates spinning again but I am motivated and inspired by the progress. ME vs ME hourly challenges bring rewards. I love rewards!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:01 am

good morning!!!

D twins Happy almost spring and thank you for starting us!!!

d twins - Here, the beginning of spring usually means a good snowfall will come this way and melt away by April. I always feel like spring plays with us here. When dd older was a young baby, I remember that we had over a foot of snow on saint Patricks day. I have pictures of my grandmother holding dd and outside you could see all the snow.

I am looking forward to this next season!

d lady good morning!
lol on your ds not seeing the excitement. I had to explain to dh that it was like when he made an engine work or saw an old car etc. that it was exactly the same feeling. I see dh's excitement with cars that could make me yawn; but he is so happy.

We call that excitement, as I have said before, the light of a thousand fairies. I love the beams of sunshine on the fresh dewed lawns and plants.
The colors after a long winter just pop in the garden; there is so much joy in that!

re your dd and jacket. in 1967 I told my mom that I didn't want to wear my winter coat and wore a wind breaker. That day we had to leave school early bc we got hit with the blizzard in Chicago - I think it was 24" but don't quote me on that. I was freezing! I look back and laugh now that I insisted on going to school in that windbreaker.

I am so glad you feel back in the groove - good for you!

hello d everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:03 am

I found out my brother is coming this evening to talk to dd older so I have to make sure that the house looks presentable - it's easy to do unless the dogs do something.

My hope: to work outside, visit dh, continue work on getting him home.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:14 am

Happy "a-week-until-spring"!

I know it must be true because I'm sniffling from something to which I'm allergic! Just hit me this morning - so glad I didn't feel it through the night. Dd25 says everyone at her work has been discussing allergies.

Nearly all my tadas yesterday were sewing related, so I need to make sure I'm not letting the rest of the chores slide around here.

Next up - finish making the pie and text ds so he'll know it's here.

btw, DO post photos in other threads anytime you would like. :D We've just consistently had the rule of not in PWYC, which scrolls away so quickly, and they are forgotten easily, taking up our techno "space". So, I've removed my indiscretion from yesterday.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:45 am

Yeah, I'm making up for yesterday's good showing on the Crossroads of the Day challenge. I got up after eight and I've been lollygagging since. Going to fix my breakfast then I'll walk the ddog. I do have laundry going, bed made.

Quiet day - only my workout today. I'll be with A, who is dh's usual trainer. C, whom I prefer, is out of town. There's also R, I work with him a lot and like him. Dh has bowling tonight too.

I'm walking ddog next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:49 am

Home from the gym with DH. DS15 was not ready to leave on time so we left without him. DS15 will go workout @gym during his friend/free time this evening. We are slowly transitioning DS15 to more freedom, but it comes with the weight of responsibility on his shoulders.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:42 am

Irish Dublin Coddle is cooking. I am not Irish and I don't know how to cook Irish so I have no delusion that I know what I'm doing. I'm using a recipe for the basic ingredients and hoping for the best outcome possible with my limitations. I'm cooking it in Instant Pot because I need it to be done in an hour.....the recipe says to cook in the oven for 2-5 hours. :shock: oops.

Yesterday I switched to brave browser and I am pleasantly shocked. No ads in utube now. No ads anywhere. It is faster. I haven't found any downsides.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:30 pm

CI Not dead just have been up since stupid early 3 ish I think.
Feeling prickly.
Have been journaling doing my lesson.
Trash is back from the curb.
Got a letter off in the mail & breakfasted.
Lunch helped.
Walked.
Waving have a great day everyone!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:53 pm

hello everyone!!!

I feel a little Prickly too 8-) :D
Hope you feel relaxed and happy as the day goes on d Nancy!

hello d Nancy, d rose, d harriet, d twins, d lady, d Lucy, d dove, d everyone that I missed!!!
I have vacuumed and rinsed the first floor again 8-) :roll: :D
took dogs with to buy the bird seed.
kitchen spiffed up
flip flopped laundry
turned on dw
called the garage door guy - he is coming tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.

it's 12:42 here already!!!

I want to work outside
feed birds
change up water outside
my fitness
---------------------------
dd doesn't think I should buy a twin bed for dh as he shouldn't be in it long. dh won't sleep in a hospital bed. She thinks he could sleep on the couch but I don't think that's a good idea.

I need to talk to the pt person to see if we could get him up the stairs.
the negatives of this:
1. that dh will get bored and come downstairs.
2. My thoughts are that I will have to take him to dr appointments. *(I will talk to dd about this)
3. will he get up the stairs with help. *

the positives:
1. (he has a library/office of his own upstairs.
2. He has the master bedroom and bath and his computer.
3. he likes his bed
4. There is a lot of room for equipment
5. his model cars are upstairs
6. there is a full bathroom for him.

*big issues. talk t dd's tonight.
talk t pt today.

Thursday: I need to cut up boxes for recycling

Return to “Post When You Can”