One week to Spring Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: One week to Spring Tuesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:03 pm

Too Funny a frog is croaking and the dog is on the deck barking!
Told her to find it! :mrgreen:
Had some more rain and a bit of wind too.

I am surprised I am not more tired considering how much of the nite I lost after midnite.
Got the clock on the stove set yea! Last one upstairs. Seriously considering leaving the basement one as is
I rarely use it so it will be one less to do in the fall.

Pleased with success I had today plus enjoyed some down time with a series I finished.
I did some task rounds between so that was helpful.
Got more outside stuff done than I thought I would and it is so nice to have the back yard picked up after
the pruning work I did last week yea for success!

I have started a list of things for after the paperwork is done.
Harriet your quilt work in the needle work thread is impressive!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:04 pm

I am feeling run ragged this afternoon.

I got the Global entry thing done and appointment for interview made with dh's on Sat. a.m. (We're driving basically 10 hours this weekend to avoid perhaps 1.5 to 2 hours at customs in ATL. :shock:

I got the DAR info back to the registrar. The old tax lists from VA that I'm looking at - some have four squiggly handwriting columns and they have no page numbers. To find anything, I have to find it in the book that has the transcriptions, then work backwards to find it on the digital film online. And keep my eye on it long enough to download and crop it and remember what it is so I can label it. IF I take my eye off it I can't find their names again. :roll:

Then dh walked in, all chatty (no, not a distraction at all!), and finally went to bowling.

The ddog was harassing me about her walk, and I couldn't find my phone so took her around the block because she was having a conniption. (that took me to 10K steps today).

Back home I realized a phone was going off somewhere in the house and it was dh calling his phone from bowling - because he took my phone with him. And would I consider bringing it to him? (He did at least meet me in front of the bowling alley, so I didn't have to park and go in.)

I'm home, and I'm done. Stick a fork in me. (I'm really sorry I'm so whinny. The kitchen counter where I sit looks like a storm hit and I don't care.) Tomorrow is a new day, Scarlet!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:10 pm

Trying to be quiet.

dd25 is on a Zoom call with the young man and with their minister (the young man's older cousin) who is officiating their wedding. This is the first night of their pre-marital counseling. Interestingly, he had given them a questionaire (?) to fill out first. I've never heard of that, and I was a paid church secretary for 7 years, unpaid a lot longer, lol. I found it especially interesting since the minister has literally known the young man his whole life. I wonder if he will learn anything new from the long, paper interview. At this point, dd just thinks he's wonderful, though.

Gathered the trash but for the third week in a row had help getting it out, this time dstepson. Somehow, my family finds each other at trash cans.

I made vegetarian "crab" cakes with rice this evening. Dd and I enjoyed them very much, but HRH is suspicious. It was a new thing - horrors.

From 8 until 3 on Friday I'll be "on call" for WonderBoy, left in charge at his house while dd44 and DangerBoy have a long campus visit.

Invited, but cautioned against, attending the grandboys' soccer game(s?) Friday night. It seems it's almost certain to rain, which is too bad.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:46 pm

I did speak with Harmony DH. I had sent him a FB message and he responded with a phone number. I called in the afternoon, and I think I woke him up. He seemed fiercely protective of Harmony (not her IRL name) and was understandably guarded by a stranger (me) calling. He gave bare minimum information. She had a stroke. She is paralyzed on one side. She is confused. I asked him to please tell Harmony that she is in our thoughts and prayers. I didn't know what else to say so the phone call ended. If anyone wants to call and speak with him, I will PM you his phone number.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:51 pm

Hmmm — I think I’m a little intimidated now to call, LadyM! We knew all that. How long has it been since that call?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”