Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:45 pm

Been a busy day for me…

Had a tooth problem so text my friend for the name of her dentist. Took a while but they will see me at 7 in the morning. I’m thankful for that

Took care of my sunnies… they are up and following the sun .. and trimmed back some palm branches. Bundled them up and took them to the curb.

Finished up my closet which I started to redo on Sunday. 48 hour migraine got in the way. Then I dusted and vacuumed the main area and cleaned the kitchen counters.

Made 3 needed phone calls… still trying to get my great grandfathers death certificate corrected. It will required his birth certificate which I don’t have. However the NJ health dept was able to give me the phone number for the PA birth certificate phone number which made me happy. The PA web site is very difficult to navigate. Unfortunately the deptment closes at 1:00 so I missed it.

I need to do a short grocery run but am holding off and my grand kids are coming over to give Poppy…Sweeties name… his card and present. His birthday is tomorrow.

We were going to Outback tomorrow to celebrate but may have to put it off depending on my dental appointment.

My new to me Dr appointment went well but all the information that was presented to me was information I had already researched. Don’t know when the aneurysm occurred … could have been 20 years ago so I will need to have a MRI once a year. However I did learn two things… was told to go to the ER if I have another killer migraine and tell them I have an aneurysm …said I would be treated much differently.

I was also told that my son need to have a yearly MRI to check for aneurysms. Said that is now protocol for children of parents that have one as they can be hereditary. Didn’t know that. My paternal grandmother died of a stroke at 77, but she was an extremely big smoker.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:55 pm

(((Blessed))) Stay firm with these hospital types! Don't let them get you down! You are doing the right things!!!

Nancy, I'm trying to follow LadyM's inspiration, too -- ME vs ME. All too often, lazy me wins around here.

And LadyM, I do a lot of tracking, also. A LOT of tracking. I put my exercise on my calendar in different colored highlighted smiley faces... and I mark it in my planner... and my paper checklist, which I keep for a month. It may seem extremely redundant, but I noticed I was generally "losing" the mid-day stuff on the checklist -- the weekly/monthly/etc. I was doing the morning and evening routine very well, but not the nitty-gritty of the day. So in my planner, I have 8 tasks for the day:
S2S
Devotional Bible Reading
Errands (Post Office)
Daily WHB Task
Monthly/Zone Task
Extra Project Task
Exercise
Bible Chapter Reading/Study
I'm telling myself that I will aim for at least 6 of the 8 each day, and not beat myself up if I don't do all of them every day. Actually, I only do the Bible Chapters M-Th, and I try to re-cap, review sermon notes on Sunday.
There's not enough space to keep up with ALL the things in my planner, so if I do a monthly Excel checklist, it lets me see where I'm slipping for the whole month. Of course, I keep slipping at the same things... :oops:

I haven't anti-procrastinated for today yet ;) but I'm getting there.
I guess I did do one thing I had been procrastinating about. I called elderly dfriend -- the husband of dfriend who passed away. I had not told him about dh's experience with NOT having surgery. He is definitely a praying man, and I knew he would appreciate my story about praying to be surprised (by easy surgery) and then having it answered with NO surgery. :shock: He agreed; he would take it as a sign that surgery is not needed at this time.
Someone rang his doorbell during our conversation so we only talked a few minutes. I think that is all he needs from me -- just a check in every so often to let him know he isn't forgotten and that he is in my prayers. If we talk longer, the talk goes to his late wife and his estranged daughter, and he tears up. :cry:

We have talked to ds; not much change from the sick folks, although ddil went to work. :?

DGS sent us a text at 8:00 a.m. wanting to tell his granddaddy about a team that made the 6th seed of the March Madness playoffs with a 15-16 record. :D

I tried to send Harmony's husband a facebook message also. So far, he has not read it. Did y'all "friend" him first, or just send the message? (Twins, LadyM.)

Hope everything goes well with the new dentist, Rose! (((HUGS)))

Hmmm... anti-procrastination -- a good task for that would be sewing up pocket slits in dgs' sweat pants. He unwittingly ended up with some pants with pockets AND openings which I assume allow access to shorts worn UNDER the sweatpants? DGS wants no part of them, however, so I am planning to sew them up. I may have waited so long that dgs will outgrow the pants before sweatpants are needed again. :roll:
Otherwise today's 4x5:
[ ] PUPA in dgrands' room
[ ] dust dgrands' room
[ ] change our sheets
[ ] check with teacher group VP re: reminder/info for next week's email
* I know y'all usually do a 5x5, but it's late and we will leave for church a little after 5:00 pm.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:57 pm

I'm really surprised that I slept so long and so hard. I was tired obviously. Now I am just sitting, not wanting to do anything.

Lucylee, I sent him a friend request but he's never responded to it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:03 pm

spoke to care manager and I think she is beginning to understand that things/equipment don't come even if the company said they were ordered.
She was more pleasant and not condescending like she was this morning. She was surprised by the lack of supplies - it's a normal occurrence when it comes to supplies and equipment. I truly appreciated her being polite.

dh told me he was going to build a tv stand when he gets home! :D Then he said that he would order a tv to be put in place of the mirror upstairs (on the wall). :shock: Oh my goodness what am I going to do with him! His logic has been disappearing for the last few years but especially when being sick. He is already pushing back and I can see I will need to hide his stash of canned food.

I am picking him up tomorrow afternoon. - dd older can't be here until late so he will sit downstairs until we both can get him up the stairs.
He will not sleep on the couch - I have decided to put my feet down on that one.
-----------------------------------
I think I should have some quiet the rest of the afternoon.
I was busy all morning

What's left:
wash the sheets and blankets on his bed and replace
clean up the back yard of dog toys
write the young man that helps with the heavy work in the yard and see if he wants work again this summer
fill the bird seed and water for the birds
cut up all the brown boxes for recycling
put the garage outside
empty the recycling in the house
put that at the curb.
put away in upstairs hall bathroom - cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow
water plants out side and in 3 season room
play with dogs
exercise
dinner?
dh won't want it but I think I will put the camera back where ever he is.

'
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:12 pm

d twins - you must have needed a rest!

d Lucy - it's amazing how many things can fall through the cracks bc there is a lack of communication between drs., staff, care managers, and all the supply companies. I think they all need to communicate better so that they don't get the patients hopes up that they will go home.
I don't want to be a not nice person (I wanted to say j*rk) thank you!!!

I love your tasks listed D Lucy.
I know he appreciated your phone call! praying that he and is daughter can reconcile
praying your d son's family heals soon and fast

d twins I am so happy you had time with the DAR meeting! again I am glad you rested!

hi d Nancy sorry you lost a post! look at all you have done! yay!!!

I am getting a little tired. I think I will make some tea for myself.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:53 pm

CI: today's 45x5: (I forgot the daily thing of drying dh's shower.)
[x] PUPA in dgrands' room
[x] change our sheets -- clean sheets on the bed, pillowcases are in the washer with other sheets
[x] check with teacher group VP re: reminder/info for next week's email -- waiting on her reply
[ ] dust dgrands' room -- this may not get done -- my back hurts now after the bending, etc of picking up and putting away, making bed
[x] dry dh's shower
Last edited by lucylee on Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:58 pm

goodnight all
waving at u d Lucy

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:40 pm

I sat down with a huge sigh of relief. Tonight's meal for 125 people went without a problem. This is the 6th time that I have cooked and served this menu so everything is timed with a detailed plan. All I have to do is follow the plan and stay on schedule.

We have a funeral meal to serve on Saturday. I'll prepare the tables (table clothes, silverware, plates, center pieces) on Friday. The list is made who is bringing what dish so Saturday should be just a matter of pulling all the pieces together to serve and clean up.

I'm ready to slow down so I can fall asleep. When I am on the GO for hours then it takes me time to slow down.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:48 pm

Hello to everyone

((blessed's household))

My first tada today was a LOT of Desk Day.

It is ds' 39th birthday and he came to mow our lawn for the first time of the year. It's nice that he can do this for us and we don't need to buy a lawn mower or trimmer. The children walked over and came in to stay with us while he mowed. We enjoyed them so much - they tell us we are interesting. (smile) I think we are probably interesting for our AGE, lol. HRH regaled them with stories of when he worked for the huge soft drink plant in big city and would sometimes get soaked in syrup, have to take showers with his clothes on there.

HRH wanted to give ds fishing gear but decided to give him money for fishing gear, since he wasn't sure what was needed. So, he had bought a ridiculous bday card to put the money in. (Why can't men give nice cards, but must have something teasing?) Also gave him a pack of playing cards with a vintage look, along with the pie.

I spent the rest of the day sewing.

Ramblin', so glad you got a quick appointment.

lucylee, IKWYM - achy back here, too.

Stickers/smileyfaces/ tracking - me, too! When I want to note in my planner that I did some sewing, I put dashed lines around the words for "stitch" lines. lucylee, you could do that when you mend the pants! (Yes, letting a child outgrow the garment is a very common outcome of mending plans. :| )

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:48 pm

Updated my 5x5.
Still didn’t dust — (((Harriet)))
And didn’t mend pants…
But I did exercise! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”