Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:11 am

What are the tasks you've been putting off? Don't have time to get to them? Too hard to get started? Here's a little push >>>>>>>
to get you moving!

Now... go get them!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday Anti-Procrastination PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:21 am

I am going to the DAR meeting today. First time since before the pandemic, I believe. I think I did tune into some Zoom meeting early on?

Dh is out again tonight - being taken to a fancy-schmancy dinner. I'll have a quiet evening, and I'm not cooking dinner. I need to go to grocery but might push it off another day, lol.

Like Monday, I need to be out of the house early. Unlike Monday, I'm not moving very fast. Focusing first on s2s, breakfast, and walk the dog. The most important three.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:07 am

Good morning

Twins - Thank you for opening SHE village and the encouraging push.

I'm still getting back into my ME vs ME hourly challenges. Each day I am improving. I changed the way I track the cards so I can have visual feedback comparing myself from day to day. As long as I find the tracking to be motivating and inspiring then I will keep doing it. Otherwise, it would be a nuisance.

Today has 6 out of the house events
** 7:30 DD12 to school
** 8:30 Gym
** Noon - start prep and cooking for tonight's meal
** 2pm - check ovens and rotate the 6 pans of food cooking to different oven racks.
** 3:30pm - DD12 from school
** 4pm - finish cooking and do set up. We will serve at 5:45 followed by church service @6:30.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:32 am

d lady thank you for sharing about d harmony! Praying hard for her!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:42 am

I ended up not seeing dh yesterday -I felt bad but I got a lot done at home and was too exhausted to go. I will say the dogs loved me being home and outside most of the day.

the garage door men are here replacing parts in our garage door machine.

I will go after they fix the garage door machine I will go see dh.

hi d twins thank you for starting us. ANTI-PROCRASTINATION DAY - RAH RAH RAH!
enjoy your DAR meeting!!!
Enjoy your evening - may it be quiet and fulfilling.

d lady - Cheering you through your me vs me hourly challenges. I have to say that I love this way of working through my day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:47 am

Harmony's dh also sent me his phone no on Facebook Messenger when I tried sending him a message. Because I hate phones so much, especially a "cold" call I haven't called. I also have the number if anyone wants to contact him again.

I am nearly ready to go. Realized I haven't affixed my two additional genealogy education dangles to the bar, They represent two more DAR genealogy courses I've taken. Oh well, have only worn the ribbon with pins once or twice. Maybe my anti-procrastination task is going back to meetings?

Dog walked one lap, I'll see how far I can get with kitchen clean up/wipe down but need to leave soon. I did do a round of cleaning up papers this morning. I should take the grocery list with me also...in case I'm in the mood to do that. :lol: :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:39 am

sigh lost a post...
LM you inspire me with your challenging you self.
I did that yesterday only with the weather.
Today doing that too mini 3-5 min tasks only inside not weather dashes to beat the rain.

sheets in dryer next load going been putting that off.
Now sheets are back on the bed.
I put some Cmas stuff in a tote " "
I got some pupa in basement rec room happened too.
RBR happened.
Did important info. sheet update and put it in the spot I wanted it to be it is in pencil for now.
bfast happened.
Got dressed.

Q of the day what are your fav. coffee table books on what topic?
Looking for some insp. for my next art date.

I am thankful to have laundry dry upstairs sorted out folded & put away.
I set aside my green sox for Sun.
Walked
Dusted under my bed & the steps to the basement.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:56 am

I am extremely frustrated with the hospital system -

They said that all the equipment is coming today and so is he. I got talked down to by the care manager who is new and can't see how dangerous these actions are. it was condescending.
The home health nurse was given "a he can not come home today speech until everything is set up. - She said that according to his records that he is :shock: I don't know if he even walks.
For some reason they think that talking to dh is actually sinking in and that he is telling us.

I can't tell you how many times I have had deliveries and things aren't there; life saving things. I had to be firm that he can't come home until the equipment is here and gone through.

Thank goodness that I have been through this before. If this is medicare.wow.
---------------------

dh told me he has decided to sleep on the couch instead of going upstairs :shock: otherwise I would have gotten a bed.
not good with his trac.
he also told me he can eat spaghettio's - nope.
--------------------------
the good news - there was a false positive for dog re: Lyme disease.
she may have arthritis - she is only 3 - or some other issue.
I have to take videos so that we can see what she does.
--------------------------
dh has filled areas in his room again - I went to move the hope chest and he has it completely filled again.
he said his room was clean - it's not!!!
----------------------------
my question tomorrow is how will I get him home.
I will he be able to walk.

then spoke to dd younger and she said she threw a ball for her dog this morning and hit a bird - poor bird/poor dd

okay time for a reset my attitude to a new day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:24 pm

spoke to dd younger and now I feel better.
Moving forward! Feeling better! It's a new rest of the day!
the woman - she's lovely - is here now. some more surprises.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:27 pm

((bw2 and dh)) This is very disconcerting for you, and you're going to be going up against what he thinks he can do.

I went to meeting. I knew a few people and dregistrar had my application printed and ready for me and a priority mail envelope for me. Ate the lunch - next time I'll ask for salad. Lunch was Shepard's pie and cucumber salad. Probably an irish/green theme? Cucumbers make me feel gassy and too many potatoes on the Shepard's pie for my taste. So I ate the green cake and some of the other and I'm still hungry.

I need to check the documents for the DAR against the completed application and get it ready to go. Honestly, I might take a small nap.

Return to “Post When You Can”