It's Pi Day! 3.14 PWYC!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: It's Pi Day! 3.14 PWYC!

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:41 am

Good morning!

Cathy - Thank you for opening the SHE village today and reminding us about celebrating PI(e). Any reason to celebrate is a win in my book. (((Hugs))) as you deal with emotional things.

I have the first 3 out of house trips accomplished (DD12 to school, DH and me to gym, tag bought for suv). Now I only have 2 more trips out of the house today and then we will officially start 10 days of Spring Break. I dream of staying home every day. It won't happen but a gal can dream!

ME vs ME is happening. I moved and changed the time on several cards yesterday, so my card stack looks different today. I am trying to be realistic about how much I can accomplish each hour and still leave time for my reward. It is a process of discovery.

I have a pot of my favorite soup simmering. After it finishes and is put into glass jars of individual portions, then I will move on to my next cooking project. I have several planned but I might have over estimated how many I can accomplish today. We will see how it goes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:46 am

Done with Zoom and have ordered groceries. Still have not finished a.m. routine but I've been working.

Next steps:
-finish a.m. routine
-get sheets from upstairs and get them in washer
-start dishwasher

Enough for now. I have a reminder alarm set for my workout, and grocery delivery is for 3 to 6, after I'm home from workout.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:55 am

yay on your zoom call
d twins

yay on your Me vs Me work d lady

oh no 33 degrees, d Nancy! That means it's coming our way!!!
have a good day

I have been on the phone with the companies and am ready to work again. I am waiting for a phone call.
cleaning angels - God Bless Them!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:00 pm

(((Blessed))) You and DH and in my thoughts and prayers today. What you are going through is not easy!

My body is complaining. I just told DH that I was either going take an OTC pain med or sit down to relax. I choose to give my body a break. I will sit with my feet up for 30 minutes and see how I feel then.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 pm

Checking in from what feels like a time warp.
Bujo started.
Got dressed.
My allergies were acting up today.

Something fun
I Have new & old bulbs in bloom now first I"ve seen them yea!
Crocus white ones I just planted last fall & daffs. I had forgotten I planted in past years. :mrgreen:
Gotta luv the first blooms in spring flowering season.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:38 pm

Every spring I intend to plant daffodils and crocuses for the following year. And every fall I remember how we live on the scraped off top of a hill that barely has topsoil.

I am leaving for my workout now. Sheets are in dryer so that's underway.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:43 pm

hello - d lady do feel better - hope the rest is the ticket to feeling better.

hi d Nancy hope the allergies stop bothering you.

I was told again that the one company can't give us supplies that the other company has to. That other company said that they can't give us things - it's a medicare issue. We didn't have this issue last year and he was on medicare then as well. They said I never used them. :shock: :roll:
I paid 283.00 for dh's trac's that I ordered from a medical company so that I have some - sigh.

I am frustrated. I am coming as a not nice person. I am not being nice any more. DH's health is more important than red tape.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:54 pm

((Cathy)) That sounds like a LOT to take in, but how nice to get to see your brother.

Dd44 texted me today
"What do you get when a bunch of sheep stand around in a circle?"
and I knew it was going to be a silly joke to which I should know the answer, but didn't.
I didn't have to admit I'd gotten the text right away, though. Later, after thinking ;) , I texted back,
"The Wolf Gang. Every once in a while, they guard somewhere else, and it makes the pasture pretty. It's Mows Art."
She was irritated with me for messing up her "Shepherd's Pi" joke.

She never fails to let me know it's Pi Day.

So happy that blessed's dh is so happy! :D All best wishes for a positive homecoming and easy set-up of medical needs, etc.

Terrible night's sleep because HRH had a terrible night's sleep. He's trying to nap now.

I did mentally take myself through the next steps in sewing while lying there not sleeping.

((blessed)) for these new frustrations! Stomping my foot for your sake.
Can you submit that receipt/expense in some way? I don't know ... .. But both companies should have to see and acknowledge that you had to pay that yourself. Do you have an advocate through home health or hospital who would have advice?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:48 pm

Relaxing with my feet up for 30 minutes was all my body needed to recover and feel ready to resume hourly challenges. I am thankful.

When I pick DD12 up from school today we will immediately leave for her appt with counselor. It is a 45-minute drive there and we should make it with zero minutes left if we don't get delayed by traffic. I normally schedule DD12 appt for 5:30pm which gives us some extra time so we don't have to rush. However, this is the counselor's last appt before spring break so we agreed to it. DD12 thrives with her regular meetings with her counselor so I just keep on keeping on with the appointments even though DD12 doesn't have an immediate need and isn't in drama mode. Preventive care is so much easier. DD12 absolutely loves her time with counselor and looks forward to it.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:53 pm

Happy Pi (Pie) Day! Hope you all enjoy it!
So far, I have
* s2s and did 5 minute floor exercise/stretch... straightened bed covers
* gone to post office
* texted with teacher group VP and
* sent email to members
* talked to ds on phone
* talked to dgs on phone (He & dgd are still home sick from school and he will be missing ball practice again today.)
* finally printed out my monthly checklist
* changed ink cartridge in printer and ran that seemingly useless check-up page

That looks like a lot of "stuff," but I feel like I've done absolutely nothing, and it is 2:30 in the afternoon!!! Crossroads of the day??? Ha. I guess my crossroads of the day is more like 3:00 pm, but I won't have much to show at that time, either. I'll probably still be sitting here typing. :roll: I don't know how y'all manage to cuop and cI: and respond so quickly!!!

I need to
[ ] mend those pants of dgs'
[ ] dust dgrands' room
[ ] vacuum study
(This is beyond embarrassing, but every time it rains, we lose a little of the sheetrock in the ceiling! DH just feels awful 99.99% of the time, doesn't have the energy or motivation to deal with repairs, and honestly, if it's going to take a new roof, we don't have the money right now to do it. Our roof is about 14 years old, so it should have a few more years on it, anyway. But I don't know what's going to happen with this ridiculous situation, and I suspect I will be dealing with it after dh is long gone... :roll: Shaking my head. If Harmony {and Dee} were reading this, their dh's would be completely, totally, in disbelief that anyone could let something like this go so long. The thing is, it's in a room no one ever sees, except us. If it were in the middle of the den or kitchen, or the dining room, dh might be embarrassed enough to deal with it.)

Today is really a hard day for dh... he is bothered with gout to the point that he took the medicine for it, and he is extremely sick at his stomach from the gout medicine, but he just came through here and said, "I think this is something besides the medicine making me feel like this." He sorta feels like he has the flu, I think. He's miserable, anyway.

I shouldn't even complain at all, though, considering what YOU are facing, (((Blessed))). My goodness, what a run around with the hospital equipment folks, and the worry and anxiety of having dh coming home soon, too! All I can offer is my prayer that this all works out well, and dh does well and is happy when he gets home, and that YOU have peace and plenty of help!

(((Harriet))) for the rough night at your house, too.

(((Cathy))) Mental stress is just as bad as physical stress, too.

Hope you both feel better soon, too, Nancy & LadyM!
My goodness -- 33 degrees??? I just noticed we hit 80 today! BUT... the high Monday is only going to be 55 here, and after a lot of rain Friday, we have a 9:00 a.m. softball game Saturday, and I bet it's going to feel pretty chilly out here at that time!

I need to replant daffodils here, Twins. I need to make a card to do that next fall. (Isn't that when we're supposed to plant them?) I have LOTS of sprouts, but no blooms. Well, I take that back. I have 1 bloom in a row that is almost as wide as a two-car carport... and 4 blooms in the curve of the driveway.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”