Friday Focus PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Friday Focus PWYC

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:06 pm

I did not went to go to the store so after looking at Rx I have plenty so will get 2 viles of the nite time one next week or next time I am there
to have some ahead. I dug in the dresser and found some green slacks to wear, okay they are sweats but I cut off the cuff, I have a greenish grey top to wear with them. It helps me to pick my fav. color! :mrgreen: I too dis like clothes shopping as well.

Walked.

Treated to some time at home with hot cocoa coffee topped with whipped cream from a can.
I did not want to go to the store just before St. Pats. day so ...
I shopped at home as I Had been to the store the sm. market near me where I get meat.
That left me some delicious writing time! Win Win! :mrgreen:
Dusted lr found more to dust & kit. & dining room * bedrooms xxxx
Dishes & counter spiff x
Dinner moved meat thawing to fridge
Put some things out to the shed. x
Sipping my cran juice from my goblet just for fun. :mrgreen:
Cleaned the microwave & dusted more stuff. .

Meal considerations.
and other menu ideas
bfast burrito / was lunch x
country style ribs to cook in the crock pot
sausage is cooked x
blue berry muffin / made in a 9x9 pan for coffee cake version of it for tomorrow.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:20 pm

Home from setting up for tomorrow funeral meal. I have no talent or skill toward setting a proper table. A VDFriend has the love and flair to decorate and properly set a table. I've helped doing it at previous funeral meals working alongside her. This time I did it by myself but Wednesday night I verbally went over the details to refresh my memory with all the details - what table clothes to use, napkins, silverware, centerpieces, etc. It does look nice.

We ordered pizzas from the local gas station and picked them up. I think LucyLee mentioned eating Hunts Brother Pizza before. It isn't healthy because of the high sodium in all the ingredients. However, it is here and hot. Sometimes that is good enough.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

After the ultrasound, we went to the grocery store and picked up a cottage roll and a cabbage and a bag of carrots because I had used up the last of them yesterday.

Right now the meat is in the largest pot with peppercorns, four cloves of garlic and 3 chopped up carrots. The other large pot has half a cabbage. I will be boiling some potatoes in another pot. There isn't any green dye in any of it as this isn't truly a "St. Patrick's" day celebration, it is just a boiled supper made with food that was all on special at the grocery store.

Ultrasound is done. Dh had to fast from food, but not liquids.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:30 pm

Cathy - I'm glad the ultrasound is over. Your meal ingredients sound wonderful.

I continue to modify SHE cards. I am trying to weed out and/or modify what isn't working well. When I modify the cards then I have to use them for a few days to see if the modification made a positive difference. It is a slow process.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:56 pm

My early focus was on a visit from HRH's friend S. The two of them ended up going out together in my car. Got some housework done while they were gone. They brought food back, but certainly not healthy food, lol.

He left at 2 and I've pretty much been sewing since. Got to a big stopping point and put everything so far on the design wall. (Managed not to fall - this is going to be a big quilt and I needed the kitchen stool, holding pins in my mouth.) Snapped a photo even though it is not in correct placement. All this will stay up and out of the way while I get to work on another part.

Missing seeing Mystery's posts lately.

Does anyone hear from Kathryn? Elizabeth?

Sunny, thinking of you. Dove and helia as well, although we've seen them more recently.

I will feel so silly when I think of those I've forgotten, of course, but it's nice to mention those who are crossing my mind.

Return to “Post When You Can”