Wake up — it’s Saturday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Wake up — it’s Saturday!

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:51 am

LOL — thought I better post since it is almost unheard of for me to be first!
We had to be at a Fun Day for softball at 8:15.
Now we’re here… in sprinkling rain… 10 minutes till game time and only 8 girls are here.

I hope I get a nap this afternoon.

Hope y’all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wake up — it’s Saturday!

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:13 am

LucyLee - Thank you for opening the SHE village. That is early start for a game!

I considered taking a break from SHE cards during spring break but I instantly felt the rebellion and dread welling up at the mere thought. I don't want to give up using SHE cards even for a few days. I have experienced that recently and would prefer not to repeat it.

Today I will have 3 busy hours (funeral meal) but otherwise it is wide open to possibilities.

DS15 leaves at noon to attend a concert in big city. I am not sure which part he enjoys the most - piling over a dozen teenagers into a 15 passenger van for the 2 hour drive, buying memorabilia from vendors, the actual concert, or the late-night restaurant stop to eat together while gathered around table. DD12 attended one time and found every part of this concert experience to be miserable and vowed to never attend again. She found it too crowded with no personal space, too noisy, too high energy, too much of everything she prefers to avoid.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:31 am

The kitchen was a mess when I got up this morning, so I've been working on that. One pot at a time. Two of the pots from yesterday are large, so I could only get one into the sink at a time. Happy that all the large pots and the lids are all clean now. We are having leftovers for supper. I also emptied the dishwasher while I was in there.

I dusted another shelf in the pantry this morning. We are low on almost all the plastic stuff. Green garbage bags, kitchen garbage bags, blue recycling bags... looks like I need to get to Costco soon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:49 am

my goodness I just got the wake up call - Thank you!!!
thank you d Lucy!!!!

hi d Lucy, d cathy, d lady and d everyone.

dh is doing wonderfully - he is doing his laundry -he fed the dogs this morning and so much more. he is no longer fighting me! What a relief! he is living up to his reputation of being "the Energizer bunny"! His dr. calls him, (she just told me yesterday), "Dr. Rick".because he comes in and tells the doctor what he has and his theories of medicine (I am not sure when he decided he has a medical degree - considering he was a business major I have been calling him dr. (our last name) for years as he always diagnosis himself and has some kooky ideas about food, his body etc. It's always fascinating to see what he comes up with. My favorite theory is that he burnt his toast badly for years because it gets rid of the sugar in the bread! lol he has his own logic!

I am really drained but so grateful! It will take awhile to get back to normal - lol what ever my normal is. 8-) :D

HELLO EVERYONE!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:34 am

I set up a cleaning service for d mom's home - dd younger will have to take her out of there when the people are there.
praying mom doesn't turn them away! dd will have to be diligent and listen for the door bell to ring.

done.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:10 pm

CI / up and att em since 5:30 out of time warp feeling. Yea!
I have done am stuff and need to get dressed before 10:00 LOL!
Dusted the corners of butterfly room.
Crock pot is going with country style ribs & veg. to added.
Process mail x
Dust corners in other bedroom. x
Getting through some emotions not grief / femail stuff... :shock: at my agea wonders never cease!!!
Had bfast a bit late......
Vacuumed the basement / done Yea! That is a job. Glad it's over.
Rolls are perfectly browned just the way I wanted house has that heavenly aroma of freshly baked rolls now. :mrgreen:
On a break now.
Pruned a bit more on the tree / bush that was needed.
Got the seeds to plant all together.
Sanded a shelf and cleaned it to paint after it dries later.
Painted shelf yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:16 pm

Whew — we are headed home. It’s 56 degrees here but it feels colder because it’s cloudy and damp.
We won one and lost one. Dgd was 0-4 but she did hit the ball once, just couldn’t beat the throw to first. (If she had made that hit in the first game, she might have made it home, LOL. There was a LOT of difference in the skill levels of those two teams.)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:26 pm

d Lucy! howdy howdy yay on heading home. I love that you go to both your d grands games. Win or loose it's always a joy!

hi d Nancy waving at you.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:39 pm

Home from funeral meal. There were 5 people who volunteered to serve and clean up so it was easy to accomplish. Our biggest problem was because we had SO MUCH FOOD. After everyone ate, we encouraged everyone to fill take-out boxes to take food home with them, but we still had food left. We reached out to a single mom raising 5 teenagers, and she was thrilled to take all the extra food. She received about 50 pieces of fried chicken, half gallon of potato salad, half gallon of funeral potato casserole, baked beans, half gallon of lasagna, and an assortment of cakes, cookies, pies, and cobblers.

I'm going to relax with my feet up for 30 minutes and then decide what to do with the rest of my day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:22 pm

Well my day has been busy with doing things around the house...laundry, area rugs, watering my sunnies and working in the kitchen making Sweetie some chocolate chip cookies.

I got on my glider to get some steps in..my glider is in my office and I have been working on my ancestry.and found a hint that lead me to the Mayflower the other day. I couldn't get back to it so have been thinking about my family connection never dreaming I could actually have direct descendents from there.

My computer kept haunting me to get back to researching my connection and sure enough my ninth generation grandfather was on the Mayflower and the 35th person to sign the Mayflower Compact. To say I am floored is an understatement! I only wish my mom was still alive to share in this excitement.

In the meantime my tooth is really beginning to bother me even though I am on antibiotics. Just hope I can make it till next week.

Oh No!!!! It seems like my 8th generation grandmother was a naughty girl....

ELIZABETH SOULE, b. say 1645 (fined for committing fornication 3 March 1662/3 [PCR 5:34]; sued Nathaniel Church 5 October 1663 for refusing to marry her [PCR 7:111]; ordered whipped 2 July 1667 for committing fornication a second time [PCR 5:162]); m. by 23 July 1668 Francis Walker [MD 27:39-40, citing PCLR 3:126].

Francis Walker is my 8th generation grand father and they ended up having 8 children...It was a happy marriage. You can make this stuff up :D:
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”