Celebrate the Green Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Celebrate the Green Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:41 am

Irish or not, celebrate the Greens - whether wearing green today or enjoying the green outside, and anticipating spring this week, celebrate the Green!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Celebrate the Green Sunday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:46 am

I don't celebrate other than to wish my mother a happy heavenly birthday.

Today I made a very slight change to my regular non-celebration of things green. I just made lime jello for dh for dessert tonight. There are less calories in regular jello than there are in sugar free jello.

I will be roasting a chicken for supper. I might bake potatoes to go with it, along with corn. Right now the veggies are the unknown part of tonight's chicken.

I have 1 pot to wash from last night. I also have a small load of laundry to do.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Re: CelebrateCathy the Green Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:21 am

I was thinking about the green as we drove north on Friday, then south again on Saturday. You can tell the difference in fields and trees going north, and then back south. The fields near us were green with new growth - appropriate that we'll welcome spring this week.

Trip was safe and smooth. Drove up on Friday, checked into hotel. Saturday morning at customs place we were done by 9:30 - our appointments were 9:20 and 9:40 but they took both us of with the 9:20 appointment. Quick and easy: photo, fingerprints, a little conversation, and we were done.

Instead of going straight home, we drove to the Frankfort KY area where we went to the Buffalo Trace distillery complex. Long line to get into place - they ck IDs and put a wrist bracelet on that they can scan - and we went to the gift shop. The big draw there in the a.m. is that they put out some of their whiskies that are sold at below the price that stores charge outside. So the place is mobbed in the a.m. with those buying whatever whiskey is available, until it's sold out. Each person can buy only one bottle of the very prized whiskeys every 90 days; they scan the wristband when you buy so they can track. The high demand whiskey Saturday a.m. was Blanton's so dh had us each buy a bottle. He bought more of the other whiskeys. The gift shop was huge, lots of branded things to sell. We also did a free tour which ended with a tasting. We tasted a vodka, three whiskeys, then a bourbon cream and root beer. The root beer is marketed as an addition to the bourbon creme for root beer floats. I don't even like root beer much and it tased delicious with the bourbon creme. (The bourbon cream was delicious, similar to Baileys Irish Creme.) The amounts we were tasting were very small so there were no worries getting back on the road. (BTW, we were limited to one tasting session. They did free tasting sessions for those who didn't do the tour.) Quite an experience!

So after the long drive home, we were here about 6:45. The teen that was dog sitting had Millie outside playing with the French bulldog next door, so she had a good romp.

All in all, an enjoyable trip. I'm a little sore from the car trip today but will work that out I'm sure. I had 8K steps yesterday - the distillery tour sure helped with my step count this week!

Dh has gone to a bowling event where bowling bowls are provided to try out. Like he needs more bowling balls.

I need to get out of pajamas and walk the impatient dog next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:22 am

Good morning

I'm ready for church and waiting for DH. DS15 will drive his pickup and arrive 3.2 seconds before class starts. DD47 picked up DD12 this morning to spend some time together.

We have an abundance of food ready to eat. Lunch will be a smorgasbord.

I have been trying to downsize the dishes I am preparing in anticipation of DS15 being gone for the next 5 days. I don't want to be throwing away food because the volume of food needed this week will be greatly diminished.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:50 am

Thank you for the start of this lovely day d twins.

For all of you:

May your mornings bring joy
And your evenings bring peace.
May your troubles grow less
As your blessings increase

-------------------------------------------

Funny blessing for St. Patrick's day

May those who love us, love us
And those who don’t love us,
May God turn their hearts
And if he can’t turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles
So we will know them by their limping!

(this makes me laugh because I am the one who turned the ankle multiple times - I guess everyone should watch out for me. 8-) :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:54 am

thinking of you sweet mother on her heavenly birthday d Cathy!

so happy the green is staring to come back to nature d Twins! Glad the trip was safe!
sounds like you have had a lovely trip! so happy!

good morning d lady! enjoy your church time! hope
your dd has a lovely time as well.

hello everyone!!!

I forgot about st. Patricks day - I never forget about it lol!
my eldest was in Irish dancing for years! dh's grandmother was an Irish dancer as well. I have some Irish in me but dh's family have a large amount of Irish in them so St. Patricks day is celebrated throughout his d mom and her brothers side of the family!

I had to put the dogs in the other room - I needed time by myself. They want to play and I need time for thinking.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:44 pm

Ancestry DNA had me believing for a year or two that I was partly Irish, but that has changed and I'm even more Scot, according to them now. Still, if Scots-Irish is a thing we do historically remember, I can say my folks spent some time in Ireland once, lol. And I admire lots of Irish people, so celebrating them.

Ramblin', what an interesting foray into your heritage! My great-grandmother had/has the distinction of being the last woman ever "called before the session" of one of the historic churches nearby. The men were so awkwardly embarrassed by holding that meeting, criticizing her, that they never did it to another woman again, as per my first cousin's church-history research. I was partially named for her. A woman now serves as Senior Pastor of that church.

Yesterday was so busy that I never even got to check in here... ..
Dd25 and I had Cleaning Day together
The young man brought supper - take-out burritos
He and dd spent the evening making out a future household budget
I cut out all the leaves for applique on the quilt top, sewed one
made an order from JoAnne's
Prayer meeting was very long - sewed during the chatty part

SUPER happy for the blessed household, btw !

This morning HRH had a delivery, of all times, which took a bit of time to handle.
Made a large smoothie
Was late but got to see most of Morning Worship

Dd25 has gone out to paint more of an outdoor mural she's doing
Maybe I'll take a cue from that and sew.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Home from treasured time spent at church. Sometimes I feel reluctant to attend because I just want to stay home and be lazy. However, I am always glad I go.

Life with a 15 year old....
our converstation after church.....
** me - we are out of time. We need to go shopping. I have the list of items you need printed.
** ds15 - Can we go at 3pm?
** me - no some of the stores close early. 3pm won't give us enough time.
** DS15 - 2pm?
** Me - okay. That is cutting it close.
** DS15 - N and I are going to grab something to eat and then go mow his dads yard in A (8 miles away)
** Me - Will you be back by 2pm?
** DS15 - Yes.
1.5 hours later-
** DS15 - we are finished mowing. Sam called and asked that I come by and help load some tree limbs.
** Me - will you be back by 2pm?
** DS15 - I will make sure of it.
** me - remind Sam that he didn't pay you the last time you worked for him a couple weeks ago.
** DS15 - I will. He owes me for 3.5 hours of work.
DS15 wants to fill every moment of his day with actions. The text messages and phone calls never stop as he is letting me know where & what he is doing next. It feels like an accomplishment to get him to stop long enough to go shopping.

I am struggling to grasp what 5 days of quiet and calmness will feel like. To have time without constant interaction. What does that feel like? I have forgotten.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:47 pm

I was up at five today.
Feeling a bit rough had coffee x3 lol!
Did my a m qt stuff & on line church
Got vid. of my flowers & the shelf I have painted and it ready to destress.
Swept the sewing room at some point.

Then welt green around the gills so to speak had to shower & rest so did not make it to
in person church like I planned. I rested napped I think till ddoggo jumped on me. :mrgreen:
Chatted with my dsis.
Got the hoses out & my lawn chair it out front too.
Got out my next walking stick project out for later too.
Have my green outfit on now goes with eyes I am Irish / Scotch .

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:24 pm

HRH took a walk, and I used the bar while no one else was in the house and got a lot of fabric cut for next sewing step. Perfect height and space, well lit, but if anyone else comes in the kitchen I get very nervous about spills, lol. It's all put away safely with safety-pinned notes!

He picked up our mail for the last several days - oops, we've avoided picking it up during all the rain - and there's a lot!

Nancy, WEAR green don't TURN green! Glad you feel better.

LadyM, a former boss of mine used to say I was like your ds - had to fill every space of time with something. He actually gave me a book - Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much was the title, I believe. Of course, it was his job to counsel (minister), so he noticed a lot of trends in people that may never have actually become problems. And in fairness, he became my boss when I had a 4-year-old and a 9-year-old. Still, he felt I needed to forgive myself for finding time to do nothing, lol. It was true that trying to fill every minute often made me late for some appt. I have a tendency to think there is time for one more thing and then I don't get out the door in time.

Return to “Post When You Can”