Make Monday Manageable PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Make Monday Manageable PWYC

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:11 pm

We have walked got my step goal in today, after I did some writing.
Having some iced tea from a can.
Bulbs are planted! I found red lilies and they are by the others next to the new steps.
More purple crocus are in the back S/W corner where I took out the plum tree last year.
One plant is placed as a decorative focus for now it is rosemary and I am wondering what kinds of bugs
that is repels! LOL!
Crock poi is going with some left overs for dinner I am reheating what I did not have this weekend.

Rosemary repels flies & mosquitoes & cabbage mother's.
I need to get some cabbage.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:48 pm

I got back from my body work and had some down time, just couldn't get moving again. Finally I took the DAR application to the post office (Aaaaand, it's gone!) and went to grocery for chili ingredients. With the wind blowing "like stink" as we used to say when I sailed, the "feels like" temp is 44. I sent a long email to a dcousin who wanted info about my original DAR line so he could join the SAR.

I have 7200 steps but I'm not walking another lap outside in the wind.

Lucylee so sorry to hear about your daunt. And poor duncle by himself!

I'm starting p.m. routine and keeping chili stirred.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:26 pm

hello d Nancy yay on steps
yay on bulbs planted
How are you able to plant bulbs when it's freezing?
I have some parsley coming up but we are likely to have snow again so I will have to cover with frost cloth.
all my dwarf iris's are up beautiful!
-----------------------
d twins! yay for doing body work and have some down time!!!
-------------------------------------

d Lucy I am sorry you lost a long post!!!
what a good idea about getting the car washed - you gave me a great idea for something to do with dh!
stay warm tonight!!!

I am so so sorry to hear about your d aunt!!! I am thinking of you and your family!!! praying for her dh!
I am praying for her dd and all the children and grandchildren!!! I am praying for them and for you!
------------------------------------
So you know I have a young man that does the heavy work when I can't. Sometimes I will have him a couple weekends or maybe once in a month. My neighbor across the street has a teen help mow her lawn and do some work for her. (a neighbor kid). I love the outdoors - dh hates it. I wasted a lot of time not going on outdoor adventures bc he wouldn't go. My own fault. I am trying to be more intentional about going places if I can keep dh safe.
------------------------------------
Thank you for thinking of dd!
---------------------------------------
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:27 pm

I am tired of the cold! I always love cold but now I am tired of freezing temperatures.

time to continue in the laundry room.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

d Lucy you will learn more than

[/b]dh had a A tracheostomy - he has an outer cannula with a size 6 inner cannula.

Eating - it all depends on swelling and the size of the cannulas, practice work with a speech therapist, etc.

His first tracheostomy - it was a long time before he could eat, drink, talk bc he still had radiation and chemo. (it was a cuffed cannula - a ballon that keeps the equipment in. The patient has to reduce the cuff in order to talk).

Last January dh had covid and was really sick and swollen. They put too big of a cannula in (size 10 cuffed) and he was so uncomfortable. They then went down to a 8, then a 6 and in April , I believe, dh's equipment was removed. When they reduced his cannula size then he was able to eat.

Now they put a 6 non - cuffed cannula in. Speech therapy worked with him while he was in the hospital. After having a swallow CT, they gave him soft items - first clear liquids, then blended soup, jello etc. They also tried ginger-ale and crackers at the end.

We have to watch that he chews things well and doesn't eat things he shouldn't bc he has aspirated before. He has also had aspiration pneumonia many times.

He still can't eat a lot of things but he seems to be easier to try new things each day. I have to watch him bc he does things behind my back :shock:

For many Tracheostomy, a Passy-Muir Valve is used to help the patient talk. Dh is an expert with the Passy-Muir valve. He also has to eat with his Passy-muir on.
-------------
he still ignores things - today I heard him coughing (wheezing coughing) and his Cannula was whistling. He refused to acknowledge there was a problem and I insisted that I drain him - He had less than a 1/8" of space left in is inner cannula for air - the rest was blocked. :shock:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:14 pm

(((((LucyLee))))) What a shock at the sudden loss of your DAunt. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

I have taken TWO NAPS today. I am the person who almost never naps. I didn't even know I was going to nap until I woke up all warm, cozy, and relaxed in the recliner.

I have played in the dirt several times today. I am moving plants to bigger pots to allow them to continue to grow and develop while waiting another week before putting them into raised beds. Yesterday I got 72 flowers to plant. Waiting....waiting...

I have been watching DS15 snapchat videos of places he is seeing. They have taken a couple detours sightseeing and to stretch their legs. 13 hours of driving and they aren't there yet.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:43 pm

Thanks for the information, blessed. I didn't have any idea how all that worked -- and I'm sure it's complicated to make it all work correctly, but I am very impressed with how well you handle everything.

Just to clarify -- daunt who passed away had no children. That's why it's such a difficult situation. All five of my first cousins belong to other aunt, my ddad's sister. Daunt who passed away was married to my dad's brother.

We are home from the frigid ballpark! (We lost btw.) It wasn't really as uncomfortable as it was Saturday. We were sitting in the sun -- and we were better dressed! I think Kathryn said once something to the effect that there is no bad weather, only improper clothing?

I started a load of clothes in the washer and now I'm catching up on Blue Bloods. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:32 pm

Not freezing here ground is thawed. it was 71* today low was 42* .
56* will be our hi temp. on Sat.

Did up the dishes after dinner.
Now I need to put the rest away for later.
More stuff is blooming every day.

Did some crocheting and have a hot pad nearly half done.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 am

Progress…
Sunday tasks are done!
— dishes washed
— kitchen s/s
— meds put in weekly dispensers
— cards filed
Also…
— 3rd load of laundry DONE
— Prepared for tomorrow (wrote check, readied bill to pay, got notes together for teacher group, laid out clothes)
—PUPA misc from ballgame
— EXERCISE. (I have skipped the last 3 days.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”