Ta Da, voilà, presto, behold it's Tuesday!!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Ta Da, voilà, presto, behold it's Tuesday!!!

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:04 pm

.I can enjoy the moments and days of looking at the freshly planted flowers. They bring me joy. I feel like a little kid with my nose stuck to the candy store window. I am excited with anticipation while looking at all the treats (flowers).

I can feel your joy! I feel exactly the same way, d lady!!!

hi d Nancy
yay on working on things you like to do and have to do!!! well done! yay on pruning as well!
your hair looks spiffy!
I like your MIP - Most important things.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:13 pm

I accidentally sprayed myself with the spray for the apple trees - washed my face so I am hoping that will do!

pruned some roses

clipped down the dead branching from the blue indigo baptisia
https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/BAS ... ZwQAvD_BwE

cleaned the dead out of the white nepeta and the cats pajama nepeta as well as some other plants.
It's so hard to believe that the daisies bottom leaves have just started coming out.

I am bummed that my hellebores didn't come up. the Heucheras alway come back - it will be interesting to see what the garden decides to do this season.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 pm

After lunch
Walked ddoggo
Rest break now.
Washed dresser scarves yea! Been putting that off a couple of weeks glad to get em off the bathroom counter!
Started one load of laundry just got it into the dryer.
Got them upstairs and folded and put away.
Has dinner & did up my dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:29 pm

Home from workout, excellent as always although I'm surprised I only have 4800 steps today. OTOH, I haven't done much except to walk the ddog one lap and workout. I am adding some incline to the treadmill when I go for 10 min to start my workout. We'll have hills in Europe, and here I primarily walk on the flat circle. OTOH, our friends are older than we are. He has had two knee surgeries and still has a handicapped hang tag for his car, although we're not sure he really needs it. But they do travel a lot and seem to do a lot when they travel. Like the Dec trip to NYC with friends, I'm hoping I'm not the weak link.

I took my car through the car wash after my workout. I had dead bugs from the trip on the windshield and the car wash took most of them off. I should have done a pre-wash scrubbing. I need to clean the inside of my car but just can't face it yet.

I'm going to do cemetery accounting for Feb. next. Soon I need to walk the dog, probably three laps to get enough steps?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:53 pm

Reconciled the cemetery account, two months, Jan and Feb. Need to gather up the receipts and bills that go with it for filing, I don't seem to have at least two electric bills. Tomorrow!

Walked the dog 2+ laps. Another dog was approaching and I think it was one that Millie reacts badly to. So we back tracked more than half way back around the second lap. My back is tired.

Two wins for today:
-logged into my Global Entry account and found my approval. Dh said he got an approval email yesterday but I did not. I checked and my email address is correct. Would be nice to find out why I didn't get an email but OTOH at least I know it's approved.
-managed to "pair" my new phone with my car. I tried last week, and dh tried on Friday and we couldn't get it to pair so I accept calls through the car speakers and can make hands free calls. Today on the pairing screen I deleted both the phones that my car had previously paired with, and then my phone connected to it. Dd called on Friday while we were on the road and it was very awkward with me driving and dh holding the phone up on speaker so we could hear her.

Dh is bowling tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:39 pm

Good evening! Just a quick peek in. It’s good to see you all, even if I don’t have time to post. I need to fit it in my routine better. Instead, I will just wish you all sweet dreams!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:18 pm

Don't know how I managed to post this in the wrong day's thread earlier!

So sorry about the loss of your dear aunt, lucylee. You've shared with us many times about her and about your uncle. What a shock to have injury come out of nowhere like that.

5x5 life has been suiting me well. Got through another 5 checkmarks for the day. I think we gravitate toward different plans and methods at different times. I remember other times when 5 x 5 s didn't seem to "register" well with me.

Tacos tonight. Dd25 put the remainder in a container for her lunch tomorrow.

She and the young man had their second zoom session of counseling with the minister.

I was disillusioned to hear that JoAnne's Fabrics and Crafts has filed for bankruptcy. They say this will not affect their customers - I don't know how that will work but the statement seemed certain. During the pandemic, people just "knew" they would be making money hand over fist but it was not as large a share of the home-crafts market, perhaps, as was thought, and then after the pandemic times, things didn't go well. Hmmm... .. When Hancocks Fabrics closed, it was a blow for sure and I hate to see a repeat. All small shops are struggling in the best of times.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:38 pm

I did have a good time with my teacher friends. All these ladies are closer to my mother's age than mine, but I love seeing them so much. We usually have some kind of program. Today we met at the special education center for our county high schools. I had no idea what they do there, but the students from each high school go twice each week for half a day and they have a lot of life skills things they can't provide at the schools -- woodshop, ceramics complete wiht a kiln, screen-printing t-shirts, painting... just a lot of things that should help them after they age out of the school program. They also put on a county-wide prom for these students every year. We're the only school system in our area that we know of that does this. It is not just a "token" dance for these kids -- this year they had a pirate ship that swung in place. Last year they had a 60' castle wall for Frozen, with an ice rink. Another year, they had a Mary Poppins theme, with a HUGE working carousel. (I have never been to these proms; I've only seen the pictures on FB and in the newspaper.) But it's amazing what these teachers do for their students.

I've also been feeling very thankful for the people who are willing to take their time and coach youth league sports. Sometimes they go overboard a little bit, LOL, but dgrands have really been blessed with patient, encouraging men and women. It takes a lot of time just to get kids to and from practice. I've just been thinking about the time required for these folks to stay out there with the kids while the parents are running errands, or sitting around chatting, or reading a book or playing on their phones. It's a big commitment. I know I've been guilty of criticizing coaches (even though dh once WAS a coach!) But at least dh was paid -- these people are all volunteer, with no rewards at all.

Well -- deep thoughts.

After my lunch meeting, I came home and took a nap. Four days of early rising, (early for me!!!) plus the stress of this weekend, and I just couldn't face anymore anything. I haven't even talked to my mother today, or my brother, who probably arrived a little after noon today. I don't feel too bad about not talking to dmom today -- she called me three times yesterday, for no important reason.
Afterwards, after I woke up and dh showered, dh and I made a Walmart run, washed the car at the drive-thru wash, got gas, and ate at Olive Garden.

I feel kinda bad that I have not been visiting at my aunt's with my uncle and cousins. OTOH -- these ARE the people who totally forget about me and my immediate family at holiday time, you know? And we will be spending the entire day with them tomorrow. Daunt who is living is not at fault for overlooking us -- she is showing signs of dementia, and she lets girl dcousin take charge of everything. Dcousin probably just considers that we have multiple places to go already. Daunt who just died would have spoken up if I had given her the go-ahead; she sometimes felt left out (in other ways) too. But as far as holidays, she just let others take the lead. She had her hands full with duncle.

Anyway -- Duncle wants the family to have an hour before visitation begins -- so we will be at the funeral home at 10:00 a.m., then visitation from 11:00-1:00, funeral at 1:00, burial about 15 miles away afterwards, and then probably, I'm guessing, back to their church for a meal? THEN -- I may have to help daunt and cousins distribute potted plants, which will be left at the funeral home while we go to the grave site.
I am NOT looking forward to tomorrow. It still doesn't feel real that she's gone, you know? -- Both she and my aunt's husband left like this. One minute my family was all intact, they were fine, and then suddenly, out of the blue, I get a phone call telling me that everything has changed. It's just hard to accept.

I just saw your post, Harriet. Thanks, and thanks to all for your comfort and sympathy at this time. Please do keep us in your prayers tomorrow and in the days ahead... especially the situation re: how duncle will manage his future living situation.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”