Ta Da, voilà, presto, behold it's Tuesday!!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Ta Da, voilà, presto, behold it's Tuesday!!!

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:06 am

Tuesday:

I am always amazed when I wake up and see that I am blessed with another day! I remember doing this most of my childhood - I didn't think about the blessing but excited for the start of the day; another adventure!

"Adulting" doesn't mean we have to loose that sense of wonder because we have a projected ideas of what needs to be done.

What ever it is: Ta da, voilà, presto, behold - tell us about your day. don't forget to add some wonder! Appreciate the moment in between the Ta Do's that you are making into Ta Da's!

Good morning, wake up, it's a new day we get to have! I wish you a wonderful New day!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Ta Da, voilà, presto, behold it's Tuesday!!!

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:16 am

It's supposed to be 50 today which usually means 50 for the city but 45 to 48 for us.

I am thrilled bc it has been in the 20's and low 30's and I am so looking forward to getting out of the freezing weather.

I know that our area may not be out of the woods yet for winter weather because our area has had a huge snowstorm on April 4 and snow flurries in the beginning of June. I have no idea what Mother Nature and Father Sky have planned for us. :D 8-) But I am ready to tell winter that it is overstaying it's stay (at least for me)

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my young peach tree is flowering. I put it in the 3 season room, in fall, bc I put off planting it. I won't have peaches this year but the flowers are beautiful.

My hope today is work outside - finish the garage - do my Tuesday jobs.

have a great day!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:20 am

Good morning!

Blessed - Thank you for opening the SHE village and reminding us to be aware, appreciate and be grateful.

I have checked on my young ones and their phone location shows me they are where I expected. DD12 is at DD47 home. DS15 is at his temporary home for the next few days.

I have not been sleeping well the last two nights. I suspect it is because the young ones are not safely tucked into their beds. It is a natural process of them growing up and spreading their wings. I expect I will adjust, and my sleep will return to normal.

Yesterday I focused on relaxing and slowing down. I cooked some of my favorite foods and took naps. I ate some tempting highly processed food (xtreme hot chips and Cheetos) that is rarely brought into the house. This morning, I dumped the rest of the bags of chips into the outside trash and that temptation was removed. BTDTDWTGB.

We have several days of spring weather in the 70's but next week has temps dropping to freezing and snow being predicted. I must restrain myself from planting in the garden. Must wait. Must be patient. I am going to distract myself with a project. I have my grandparents galvanized metal wash tubs that am going to use as the base for a garden creation. I haven't decided if I will fill them with flowers or grow salad greens. Maybe both.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:51 am

I've been out to pick up ds at the airport. I was thinking when I got up that he was in at 10:30. Then he texted me just before nine that plane was about to take off in ATL. (We're not far away :shock: ) So I got dressed and took off to get him. His plane was early but gate wasn't ready, so I sat there awhile waiting for him. Our airport is so small I just parked at the curb and waited. (There is a cell phone lot too, would have gone there if it had been a longer expected wait.)

Anyway, got him home and then stopped on my way home at Hardees for a bacon egg and cheese biscuit. Drive thru line was long! I really shouldn't have waited in the line but I did, and I'm finally home.

DMillie has not had her walk and she is not a happy camper. So coat back on (we bottomed out around thirty degrees this a.m.) and I'm heading out with her.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:59 am

Headed to my teacher group.
Good morning to all!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:14 pm

I have been up since 6:30 ish it was lite when I got up and took the trash to the curb.
Glad I got it ready last nite.
Did my QT stuff most of it any way.
Got papers ready for that next thing.
Pushed to later in the week bc dd said she would call is off today b/c of flu & she is off work today.
Sigh I had already had a full day planned before she let me know that.
I need to do the corners dust & sweep in another area of the basement too.
I need to s2s & wash my hair ...

OMM / time change was supposed to give us more time not less! LOL!
should give the pup a bath also
get fuel for rigs & mower not out except mower and wondering when the best time is.

A bit frustrated and yet another repeat invite to another Tues, a.m. Bible study by a diff person I have already said no to.
NO, I guess she forgot I was already booked with a diff. one I said no to in that sane time slot.
There is a Mon. zoom one too. I am not doing, & a Thurs. p. m. one as well. only so many hrs. in a week.

Cooler temps and rain on the weekend so getting it when weather is better is an advantage.
I have a plan for meals now.

Trying to remind myself that I can focus on the important things.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm

Hi Lucylee! Have a fun lunch!

I'm just "off" today from spending so much time out this a.m., and heading out earlier than I expected. Still haven't finished a.m. routine and I need to head to workout in less than 1.5 hrs. The other distraction today is the new Stamping catalog was released yesterday so I've been looking at it online.

Need to get my head together on what needs to be done today. Better late than never? And dh is out tonight so I'll have some evening time too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 pm

hello all!

Hello d lady! would you believe dd younger likes that she can see where I am at. She asked me to follow her as well. I don't know how long that will be but for now she likes that I know where she is as well.

How nice that you can feel so at peace knowing where they d kiddos are.

I wonder if it is also the movement of your d children. I couldn't sleep with dh gone because it was so quiet. Hope you can get a good night rest tonight.

I am so happy you had time to relax! enjoy the weather. Can't wait until you plant in the metal tubs - sounds fun!
-------------
hi d twins! how lovely to be able to see your ds!!! enjoy your walk with d millie . Yes better late than never.
--------------
hi d Lucy have fun with your teacher friends!
------------
hi d Nancy! sorry you can't do your plan for today! hope your dd is feeling better.
I agree - I thought I would enjoy the new time as I usually do but the day seems like it is speeding by
can you help me focus on important things too 8-)

-------------------------------
My dogs have been upset that I have worked on dailies etc. before playing with them. They are also not thrilled that I haven't enjoyed being outside in the below freezing like they do. :shock: :roll: :lol:

after lunch I will get outside. Hopefully the sun will warm me up as the day moves forward.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 pm

Better late than never

Usually so.

Nancy - POTB for saying NO to things and events that do not bring you joy.

I didn't have success with practicing patience. I planted a few flowers while telling myself that I have plenty and can always cover them up when the freezing temps happen. I give them a 50% chance of living through the next couple of weeks due to my impatience. Now that I have accepted the high probability that I probably messed up......I can enjoy the moments and days of looking at the freshly planted flowers. They bring me joy. I feel like a little kid with my nose stuck to the candy store window. I am excited with anticipation while looking at all the treats (flowers).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:57 pm

Focus on the frogs:
Things no pleasant to not wanting to do.
Trash is back from the curb plus as a bonus I got the limbs in to go for next week from my last
pruning adventures yea!
Did round up papers for paper work adventures later.
Mowing makes me feel better dreading getting ready for that but sigh that day will come.
Got 1/2 of the basement zone for the week swept yea!
Have s2s and clean hair now. X

What is necessary vs other activities
Like taxes / and will prep. vs other more fun things.

Focusing top three MIP things a day helps me.
MIT = Most Important Things.

Get fuel Jeep / fun reward get duckies to pass out for when I park next to another jeep. :mrgreen:
Get fuel in the truck with 4 doors. I can use it for getting 2 more dressers if I decide to. Mower fuel in it two for one task.
get fuel See line above.
Can get lunch to go at the fueling place.

Remember my mornings are usually when I am the most focused and productive.

Done washed 2 things that needed a re-wash in the sink.
Swept the rest of the zone area in the basement yea!
Lunch is cooking now.

Return to “Post When You Can”