Spring is here! Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Spring is here! Wednesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:51 pm

Did the paperwork errands.
Applied for and got exemption for property taxes that cuts it in half, good for 6 yrs.
Then they send a reminder. [I had the right paperwork for it yea!]
The other one was not really needed. Glad I waited to pay and did the other stuff 1st that was
the best decision.
Checked on procedure for donation at another office next door but had to walk around the block
as it was a front entrance, they will get back to me on it.
Got fuel in my one rig on the way home.
I am good on my steps for this far into my day.
Glad it did not take up half of my day only 1/4 th of it. So yea on that!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:13 pm

~~~Waving Hello to all~~~~

I was up at the normal 6am time frame. My body refuses to receive the message to sleep later because I am retired and not raising kids for a few days.

Yesterday my throat started getting that scratchy feeling that arrives before a sore throat. My sinus decided to show off how well they can produce. I have a low-grade fever to match those symptoms. Hopefully I can convince the symptoms to go away quickly. I did look at my health journal and April 2022 was the last time I was sick (other than my one experience with c19). I typically have a strong immune system and am exposed to all the germs/virus/flu going around our community because I am holding the babies & toddlers for several hours a week. Also, I get exposure to the teenage version of the germs. I blame my reduce sleep the last few days for my lower immune system. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I briefly considered asking DH to go get me a big bowl of Caldo De Pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup) the Mexican restaurant makes. However, I didn't want any noodles or rice in the soup so making it myself was the solution that I chose. It didn't take long to have a big pot of it made. It tastes wonderful (IMHO).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:16 pm

I tried their tallow skin product but now I smell like beef. :lol: - my dogs loved me when I got in the car with them and dh. :lol:
That's funny, bw2! No independent fabric stores here that I know of. There's Joann, Walmart, Hob Lob. When traveling I sometimes see signs for what I think of as "destination quilt shop." Fun fact: My first job was working at So-Fro fabrics, part of the House of Fabrics chain. Looks like they were eventually bought out by Joann stores.

The porch looks great. There's a lot more pollen and dust out there, but getting the floor swept of debris and the rug vacuumed went a long way. Also pillows back where they belong, despite dMillie's habit of rearranging them daily.

I need to eat lunch and head to the grocery store.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:41 pm

Checking in...

Went to my morning class although I had to talk myself out of bed. It was so warm and cozy and the room was almost dark. My kind of sleeping. However I convinced myself, after much coaching, that I needed to get up.

Glad I went to class because afterwards a bunch of us went to Starbucks for coffee. Good reward for my good deed.

Came home and I've been on my computer ever since. It was discovered I need one more piece of information for my DAR application and unlike Twins, I can't make a run to the courthouse where I might be able to find what I need. The courthouse is in Bucks Co. PA and of course I am in FL. I did discover the church where my 6G grandfather was a deacon for over 35+ years so gave them a call. However all I got was voicemail. Called again this morning and got the same so I decided to do things the old fashion way and sent the church a letter.

Turns out this church, Old Southampton Baptist Church, now known as the Southampton Church is the oldest baptist church in the US. It was established in the very early 1700's in Bucks Co. The daughter of my 6G grandfather attended the Pennypack Baptist Church in now Philadelphia and is buried there along with many of my other relatives, including my 5G grandfather. Turns out that the Pennypack Church split from the Southampton Church and I have spent time at the Pennypack Church.

Its sort of on the cool side today. Not sure what I will do for the rest of the day. Tomorrow i get my root canal done so I may go ahead and start the laundry today. Can't wait to get the tooth fixed cause I'm tired of fussing with it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:43 pm

RR, can you find any of those records on Ancestry or FamilySearch? FamilySearch is free btw.

Quick trip to grocery, forgot milk however. :roll: And I just didn't know what kind of steak to buy. I'm not very experienced. We usually get some kind of thick steaks from Costco and they are grilled to rare and sliced crosswise. I think the tri-tip steak would have worked, but not sure. Dh will stop on his way home for steaks.

I'm going to do a round of chore bingo. Most the things on my list are five to ten minutes. Getting my shower is on the list but will take longer. I need to put away groceries then I'll go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:43 pm

I have been picking up pine cones again - there is still about 50 on the white pine in the back. I told dh that He needs to do a drop the pine cone dance.

hi d rose ! yay on getting out of bed and doing your class! How fun to go with others from your group for a bit of coffee and chatting!
I find it fascinating that you and d twins have family that go all the way back to revolutionary times. Amazing!
I am enjoying your history!
Best wishes on an easy root canal.

When I was young there was a Vogue Fabric store in the city. Most of the fabric was beautiful. The store had a separate bridal area with beautiful and expensive lace and fabric. my d mom in law made my d youngest sil's dress. Her dress could compare to any high end bridal shop; Truly stunning.

your porch does look great d twins!!!

hello d lady!
oh do feel better. praying the symptoms go away fast!
I think you are right that less sleep/interrupted sleep can lower ones immune system!

hi d Nancy
yay on paper errands
wonderful on getting the exemption!

hello d everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:44 pm

how are you d Kathryn? how is Elizabeth!
I do love seeing dove, and everyone.

wish you all the best.

hello d cathy thinking of you
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:09 pm

On my jaunt to the court house 5 mi. from me I think
I saw a bounty hunter today! :mrgreen:
Had lunch.
Back from our walk.
Ddoggo is resting outside on the deck.
I watered in the front yard & filled the bird bath.
Resting and hydrating now.

s2s me / bathe dog & wash towels!
Done to here.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:15 pm

Twins… nope I’m on both with no success

I did talk to someone at the Bucks Co courthouse and she told me in PA you needs to know which COUNTY the marriage license was issued not the country where the marriage took place to find a marriage certificate. However she did give me the phone numbers for both the Philadelphia and Northampton County Courthouses. Hopefully I’ll be able to find the certificate in one of those places.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:01 pm

I finished those 12 things and walked ddog. Need to set table (porch or inside?)

Dh is home too.

Return to “Post When You Can”