Thursday in the halls of the SHE clubhouse

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday in the halls of the SHE clubhouse

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:31 pm

waving to all of you - d Lucy, d twins, d harriet, d Nancy, d dove hi, d mystery, d rose, d cathy, d lady and d everyone!!!

I am hoping to come back and say hi individually.

dh had a good dr. appointment
he fought me a bit about his medical etc. I stay away from most things but the important stuff I won't back down from. Quite determination!
bought him mc Donalds like he wanted
stopped by hewn bread in libertyville for a couple months worth of their good country bread. ready for the freezer
lunch eaten
stopped and give the landscape company a deposit
butcher shop for bones for d dogs.

it's 35 degrees
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:40 pm

BW2 ty 4 that reminder I need to get a loaf of bread mixed up. Did that.
I fetched mail, at a better place junk mail LH name no longer reduces me to tears yea!
Take Vits. is underway now for me.
I have a plan for lunch.
Clothes are folded & put away as well.
Watered in back some of my crocus may be thirsty or got nipped by frost not sure which.
It is a bit on the windy side out.
It finally calmed down and got the rest of my steps in going around the block with ddoggo.

Did some pm reflection / aka writing that helped.
Then put some things away in the new to me dressier I painted most recently &
spiffed up the main bathroom after that it helped.
Got the bird bath emptied so it will dry hopefully and I can clean it out again.
Rain for the next week or so after Fri.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:33 pm

I am sitting in my lanai with my feet up reading. It’s an overcast day, but the sun has been peeking out on occasion.

Harriet… Thxs for the well wishes. Root canal went ok with little discomfort. Was told to immediately start taking Tylenol and ibuprofen for the pain. Popped two Tylenol in my mouth before I even left the dental office.

Stopped at the WM grocery store on my way home to make sure I had some protein shakes
And chicken bone broth. Was told not to eat anything hard for at least 24 hours. I’m very ok with that.

LadyM …so sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. What a bummer.

I haven’t heard anything more about Norma. But Sweetie was planning on calling Wayne today for an update. I’ll let you know what I find out. We plan to have Easter dinner at our locale golf club like we always did with Wayne and Norma. Many happy memories were made over our dinners.

I have no plans for the rest of the day except to take it easy. The dentist told me I might feel some discomfort and I believe her. Trying to distract myself with a good book. That usually works. Sweetie is getting a premade casserole and salad for dinner. Easy peasy :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:39 pm

praying you won't be too uncomfortable d rose.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:39 pm

how is d cathy?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:41 pm

I had a lovely day outside working - the sunshine warmed me up even though it was only 40 degrees.
all the sticks are gone - had a fire outside.
did some weeding in zone 1

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:42 pm

I'm okay. Not in the best frame of mind, so trying to stay off social media until I'm in a better mood.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:45 pm

I wish I could climb up in a clubhouse in a tree, with good walls and no bugs or bees, and big windows, and a good soft quilt & pillow... and I could just lie there for a long while and read and sleep and listen to the breeze... maybe even stay there through a light rain shower.
I've basically done that on my couch for the past 24 hours (I slept in bed, though) and I've just been taking it easy on myself this week. The loss of daunt has been very stressful and depressing, and it has also created a lot of anxiety -- helping my dmom, who has lost a sister after 56 years... wondering what my dcousins will expect of me to do as "my part" to help look after him... feeling guilty because I guess I do carry a bit of a grudge -- (1) at him for the way he talked about daunt and he hung up on me and (2) at dcousins for ignoring us while including him and daunt in all their holiday doings.
I guess his dementia was showing through somewhat in that conversation. It was not the last time I talked to him before daunt passed away, but any other time since, daunt was on the phone with us. And -- as I've been over with y'all ad nauseam -- I know they included him because of sympathy for daunt, AND other daunt/cousins' dmom probably felt an obligation since he WAS her actual brother. But honestly... I just pray that somehow, someway, he is convinced of his need to go to assisted living. His sister is in no position to care for him, and none of the rest of us are, either.
Dmom is taking this very hard. She is dealing with a lot of anger and the feeling of how unfair it is -- which truthfully, is how a lot of us feel.
And of course, I am dealing with a lot of anxiety re: dmom and her own health. She is SOOO unsteady on her feet. I just don't know how long it will be until she has a serious fall.

Anyway. I guess I'm just here for the daily downer. In about 20 minutes, I have to take dgs to ball practice. DS and DDIl are gone to dgd's game. DH is watching March Madness. I don't mind -- I plan to sit in the car and read, and I may take time to walk around the parking lot to get my 15 minutes in.
I have to iron when I get home, but that's okay too... it's a good tv night Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, and Young Sheldon.

Sending big (((HUGS))) to you, Rose, and you, LadyM! AND CATHY!!!

I'm so glad things are better for you, Nancy, (about the "triggers" with the mail, things like that), and
I'm so glad things are more "normal" at home for blessed & dh!

And WOW -- big congratulations to the new homeowners, Harriet!!! My goodness, HRH is acting just like... ME! :lol: LOL.
Worrying is what tiggers do best.

This is as far as topic review takes me... and I must get out the door with dgs! How did it get to be 5:45??? POOF!

EDITING — made it to practice. Dgs is out there in right field. I walked around the park, made a loop that took almost 15 minutes, so I’m going to count exercise done!
Now I’m going to sit back and read.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:40 pm

lucylee, might your mother like to master some youtube balance videos? or "how to get up from the floor" videos? Nancy and I had been chatting about those in H and F. Lots of well thought-out helps out there these days. Something practical to do to minimize fall risk.

More cutting of fabric today. HRH was nowhere around the kitchen in early afternoon, so I cluttered the bar up with all my cutting things and fabric and here he came! lol. But long before he showed up, I was already stressed with it. Turns out, I didn't quite have enough of one fabric and had to piece pieces - on the diagonal! slight yipes. I apologized to him for keeping him out of the kitchen longer. He said he understood - said he'd been married for more than a couple of days.

Dd and I ordered her sheer cape for her wedding dress and the backing for the quilt. (not from the same place, lol) I am not at all certain she'll have the right size cape - the instructions for measuring were confusing - but there will be time to exchange.

Simple spaghetti with marinara for supper this evening.

Return to “Post When You Can”