Thursday in the halls of the SHE clubhouse

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Thursday in the halls of the SHE clubhouse

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:26 am

Have a good day, everyone! I hope the halls of the SHE clubhouse are soon ringing with nothing but happy news!

I liked that quote from Mystery last March - one nice way to think of friends here.

The sun is shining brightly here at my house - how are things where you are? I have some sprouts that need to stretch in the sunbeams today. :)

I don't yet have a 5x5, but did get a 3x3 prepared last evening. Off to the adventures!

blessedw2

Re: Thursday in the halls of the SHE clubhouse

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:08 am

it's 22 degrees here - "what?!!!"

thank you for d Harriet for starting us! This is a wonderful group of kindred spirits here! Thank you for opening the door to the SHE clubhouse.
enjoy your sunshine and your day d harriet!

hello all.

"Come along and sing a song
And join the jamboree"
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:31 am

~~~waving Hello to all~~~~~~

I suspect today will be a lost day for me. I am running 101F fever, sinus working overtime, headache, every muscle in my body is trying to win the award for being sore and weak. I am okay but expect to be down for another day or so. I am putting myself into recovery mode. Rest, stay hydrated and embrace the boredom.

I will be cheering for you from the sidelines.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:58 am

I'm reporting to the SHE clubhouse this a.m. for a quick visit with my friends! Are there some snacks here?

I was exhausted last night and my back was not in good shape by the time I got in bed. Eventually Advil and the biofreeze stuff rolled on got me rest. I did sleep in a bit this a.m. My back was "stove up" like this on Saturday after we walked the distillery but by bedtime was close to good. So today will be quiet. I'll still get to my workout but may be doing stretching and balance and not stressing the back.

Dh and I will eat out tonight and I'm taking it easy today. The house still looks great, just need to wrap up the kitchen clean up. Dh did most of it.

Heading out to walk the ddog. We'll see how this goes, lol.

Feel better, LadyM. It hardly seems fair that you're feeling badly when you all this free time and no kiddos to be corralling.

bw2, fifty-five degrees here, going to mid seventies. We had our dinner on the screened porch last night.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Dove

Postby Dove » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:20 am

Good morning! Fun title today :) .

Sunny & cold here, Harriet. Have been meaning to say congrats to your dd & her young man on their house purchase! Nice that there is a bonus building to someday set up as a studio space.

Hi blessed! So happy to read that your dh is back home & doing well! :D

Bummer that you're not feeling well, LadyM. Hope that you get well soon & you can enjoy the rest of your child free week.

I've got snacks to share, Twins! Several kinds of nuts, dark chocolate, bananas, & pretzels for those who want something crunchy/salty :) . It has been exciting to read about your upcoming trip.

I had a productive catch up morning yesterday. Went from room to room putting away/dealing with items in every room. Dh often leaves objects out for days as his reminder to do something. For example, when he is out of vitamins he will leave the empty bottle out on the kitchen table as a reminder to buy more, instead of writing down what he needs on our misc store list & tossing the bottle into the recycling bin. I don't like when he does that but lately I was guilty of doing the same thing multiple times! I had mini projects in almost every room but am pleased that they are all done now & everything has been put away.

I was sad to learn that our dNorma has died. Thank you, ((Rose)), for letting us know. I'm sorry for your loss. I was always delighted that you, your Sweetie, Norma & her dh all became friends through this village & often had fun together in person.

((Lucylee)) I'm so sorry for the unexpected loss of your daunt. I'm glad there is lots of family able to help duncle.

Hi Mystery! What you said the other day applies to me, too. I often pop in to read but run out of time to post. At least I'm only one day behind on cuop as of right now ...

I'll be putting up some Spring decor today. I switch out canisters, banana bowl & a few decorative pieces in my kitchen every Spring/Summer & Fall/Winter, plus place mats. I'll also put a Spring wreath on the front door, & bring in the two outdoor snow & snowman signs. I'm thawing some beef stew & bread for dinner tonight.

Off to cuop for yesterday and J&C. ~~~~ Waving to everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day. :)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:15 pm

I thinking through the day. Company last night didn't leave until near 10 (and dh gets up at o'dark thirty for his workout) and I went straight to bed. I did read a little but lights were out by 10:30 I think.

I need to go by the temple while I'm out for my workout, and need to pick up some pre-ordered things at Target later.

I've cleaned up the kitchen but aside from that I'm sitting here. Not sure whether I want to try to workout today. I can't find the roller ball that I typically use on my lower back and gluteals. How did I lose a five or six inch orange ridged ball?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:23 pm

CI / bs is good today up at 6:30 ish today.
nearly 9:30 and clean sheets are on the bed.
I turned the mattress also.
Next load is is the dryer.
most of qt stuff is done & taking a break from some of it.
It is my writing day got some q's and prompts mostly.
Just finished my bfast.

Waving to all hugs to those that need it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:25 pm

On the family text chain from dd25 : "We are homeowners". So, the young man's closing on the house must have gone off without any further hitch. They are not using dd25's job/credit for the purchase even though she's been at her work now for well more than a year. They hope to be able to save up in a lot of ways and "saving" her income ability for future or rainy days is part of the plan.

I responded, "pillars of society". HRH is already talking about the bank being a homeowner and the young man just having a mortgage payment book, and how important it is to work on that studio space to get it up to code, too, etc., but he's just a worrier today! Symptom of being the Daddy, never quite able to let go of concerns. :D Everyone else congratulating, teasing about coming to visit, sending kids for sleepovers, etc. Dd responds with Ric Flair gif. :o She is Woooo!-ing.

Dove, you just happen to mention them and poof, lol, here's the news.
Yes, to the vitamin bottles sitting there to tell ME they are empty, lol. Also, yes to the "project in every room". Also, though, "project that starts taking over other rooms" - oops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:22 pm

so exciting d harriet that your dd and d future sil has a new home!!! Congratulations!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:24 pm

d lady praying that you feel better!

Return to “Post When You Can”