snow, sleet, rain or sun - We can still get things done PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: snow, sleet, rain or sun - We can still get things done PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:41 pm

ordered groceries and easter groceries for family party - I didn't want to but I want to dd to be home so that I can leave.
Tomorrow is teach dh how to use the one machine. He drove yesterday to get gas. What a difference the trac has made for him. Oxygen is still 100% and he is doing great! I am taking it!

Next: set up my meds for the week.
I keep asking dh for his meds list but he is putting it off. I will ask dd older to ask him.

hello d harriet
I love the idea of the science of homemaking!
I am sorry your dd's youngest auditory appointment was cancelled

hello d Nancy

hello dear everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:04 pm

After wearing PJ's for 36 hours, I finally shed my sick clothes. I am now freshly showered, hair washed and fully dressed. I feel 10000% better. I'm sure I smell better too. :D

My energy level is starting to rise. 36 SHE cards completed
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:29 pm

It’s a very, very rainy day with strong winds and thunderstorms. Definitely a March storm.

I didn’t go to class or my coffee gathering because one, my mouth is sore from my root canal and two, I didn’t want to go out in the torrential rain with winds blowing. No way even with a useless umbrella would I remain dry.

Instead I started working around the house. I have my laundry going and took a shower before I starts working on my footprints which were many.

Also did my nails because they were in really bad shape. Next up is working on my office. For some reason it’s become my hot spot but I think it’s because I’ve been working on my genealogy and have a bunch of things I need to file. I hate filing …due to days gone by when I was working, but it should t take that long cause I have easy access to my file folders.

Think I’ll take my Alexa in there so I can lister to some good music. First up if folding laundry.

Good thing my dentist told me my tooth and mouth would take a few days to heal. Otherwise I would be worried.

Waving to y’all :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:35 pm

Back from the market got fuel in the truck & mower jug yea the mower started.
I mowed a small strip on the side yard just to run it a bit.
Fertilized the front & back yard & beds.
What I learned -
I will check oil in a bit forgot to do that before I got it out of the shed.
I will clean under it or at least check it before I fill it next time.
54% humidity oh my goodness pant pant pant! LOL!

I put away the few things I got at the market.
Trying to remember how mom used to back chicken with a group of friends butter and seasonings
shake n bake type of coating on it I think. I will try a ranch version of it. They did not have fried deli chicken at the store again.
Might do up some in the crock pot and freeze it ahead. Supposed to rain tomorrow so I can do it then also.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Rainy weather here in the South. (60 degrees here, Twins, high predicted 65.)
It was only sprinkling when I went out to the post office, but dh said some of the tv reports last night were calling for up to 3" later this evening.
I definitely feel for y'all who are still facing snow plows! Brrrr...

Pretty sure there will be no baseball practice. ;) That is definitely a good thing -- dgs is still having episodes of throwing up, just at random times. He said he felt a little nauseous yesterday before practice. He ate a piece of chocolate pie about an hour before practice started, and all they did at practice was fielding, for the most part. He was just standing in his spot in the outfield, taking turns catching fly balls. Later they ran bases -- and he ASKED the coach if he could run -- so he was feeling well enough at the time to do that -- but I don't know if he started throwing up before the running or after. :? At any rate, he never quit or sat down, and we haven't heard anything from ds today, so maybe he's making it okay at school.

LadyM & Rose -- continuing to send "feel better soon" wishes.
WTG on the s2s, etc, LadyM! That always helps after I've been feeling bad.
Glad your back is better, Twins.
And WOW -- Mr. Blessed is driving? That IS a blessing! Sooo happy to hear things are going more smoothly in your household, blessed!

And (((CATHY))) -- yes, to LadyM's post -- don't feel you need to stay away
from us, no matter what's going on. In my experience, this is the ONE place I can always feel free to talk out whatever is on my mind, no matter how I'm feeling. I know if my posts are too long or too depressing, others can just scroll right on past... but I also know that someone is going to reach out and give me the encouragement and reassurance I need when I post here in our little village.

There's certainly no progress here, blessed.
I really have no excuse -- I am apparently just giving myself this week to grieve the loss of daunt and try to rest and recuperate. I really was not needed that much -- a couple hours Sunday afternoon and then from 10-4 on Wednesday with the funeral (visitation through the time we got home from the meal at their church.)
I haven't talked to duncle since the funeral. Dmom said he never said anything to her Wednesday and she's not 100% sure he even recognized her. It has probably been several months since he saw her face-to-face.
You know, I am encouraging myself with the thought that, by taking daunt first, God has spared her the bad times that may be ahead for duncle. She had to watch her mother suffer through Alzheimer's; perhaps God just didn't want her to have to be the caregiver another time for someone she loved. And despite everything, she did still love duncle. I just pray that somehow, my other daunt and dcousins * and maybe his doctor! * can convince duncle that it is time to look into assisted living.

Good for you on re-setting your bio-clock, Nancy! I just wonder how long (and WHEN) I would sleep if I lived alone. Today, I would probably still be lying in bed scrolling on my phone... :oops:
I did get up and go to the post office for dh and picked up some hamburgers for him at the little greasy spoon he loves so much. (He is NOT the only one -- they were PACKED. I had to wait a long while, but one of dh's good friends was there and we caught up on everything while we waited. This man is married to a lady who's family was just like family to me growing up, and I taught all of their children, so we had plenty to talk about. He is one of the men who came over to dh's surgery and arrived at the hospital before surgery was cancelled.)

That's too bad about your dgs' appt being cancelled, Harriet. So frustrating. I hope he gets it rescheduled soon.

I think we are all eating supper together -- ds/family are coming over here to eat take-out plates sold by the football program at the high school. DGS was selling these plates for the Junior High team. They have not started their spring practice yet... I just can't believe dgs is this age (and I do wonder how it's going to go when they start practicing. DGS has never been involved in a "contact" sport before.

DS is on the phone right now -- they're talking sports, of course. It's some kind of "madness" around here every month, LOL.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:52 pm

AGain I am so so sorry for the loss of your d aunt! it is so hard to loose the ones we love! I am glad you are giving yourself grace!
I am pray your sweet grandson grows out of the rough tummy!
praying your d uncle goes to assisted living.
how neat that you were able to talk to dh's friend - really neat that his d wife's family was a second family to you!

I have to laugh about the sports madness - my d sis in law (dh's d sister) and her dh and kids and grandkids are huge sports fans! I grew up with American football but dh was never a sports guy. He watches the Super Bowl of the commercials :D .

hi d Nancy - yay on getting fuel
yay on fertilizing and mowing.

hi d rose
stay safe with the storms
(((praying for that root canal to heal fast)))
waving

hi d lady good for you to get spiffed up after being sick - it feels so good to be able to move on after an illness! yay on your energy rising.

hello all

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:54 pm

I am looking at a dirty counter and stove
I made a bunch of different chicken breast dishes for the freezer. Chicken for quesadillas, chicken with white wine/and mushrooms/onions. Chicken chimichurri (spelling?)
I have chicken parmesan for dh and dd

dw is on

tomorrow I hope to make soup.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:04 pm

Afternoon CI /
Have you seen the news on Princess Cathryn today? :shock:
Lunch is thawing.
Cooking eggs that were cracked the other day 4 of em I will check em and if they are not good ddoggo will enjoy a treat not all
at once of course!

I have some sewing I would like to do but we have rain in the forecast so might 'save' it for then.
Harriet interfacings frustrate me too.

I found a recipe it calls for sage not such a fan of that so will skip it.
I used rosemary instead and the ranch packet mix ;D.
Floor are worse LOL but that can wait till a rainy day too.
Sun is out now. 8-)
Walked the doggo.
Saw a big poodle mix out looked at the tag no info. of the house it lived at,
saw it jump in a yard and then back out again - the people said it did not live there.
Then it went down a diff. street.

I vacuumed the living room.
Swept the kit. & dining room.
Chicken is in the crock pot and in the oven now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:09 pm

Nancy, I think Sew-In interfacing is just one of those somewhat specialized things that you either learn well or don't. Back when I sewed garments, the "done thing" was to use the same fabric for facings and just be grateful if you had enough. Crisp menswear was for experts. (I did make my late dh one tie, but it was not ideal.) I've never bought a soft interfacing I couldn't just touch first and figure it out like that - or someone in a cloth store would suggest. Who knew "which name or number"! It sure is different without the shops.

Ramblin', I hope you keep feeling better and better.

lucylee, the matriarchs in my family who lived alone happened to be the very efficient women, so I'm not sure. I remember my dfirstmil saying the way to have a neat house was to live alone. I think that I might have the place overrun with projects, with no housemate to holler, "whoa"!

I agree - wonderful to think blessed's dh is driving himself.

I have a 3x3 for the evening (organizing sewing), so off I go.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:54 pm

2 out of 3 done, but legs hurt from standing all day, so I'll leave the last one until tomorrow. That was pretty ambitious for the evening anyway.

This way I'll have a head start on tomorrow's plan.

My garmin fitness wrist watch actually wound down (I know - they don't wind or unwind - it ran out of charge. Living in the past, am I not? lol ). I've been single-minded all day and never looked at it.

Supper tonight was a big salad. Dd25 finished off her spaghetti, too. She'll be helping a friend move tomorrow, but home all day Sunday. Maybe these times of helping friends move will result in lots of help when she and the young man move into their house.

Return to “Post When You Can”