snow, sleet, rain or sun - We can still get things done PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

snow, sleet, rain or sun - We can still get things done PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:33 am

My home got a nice bit of snow - and it's gray out -
No matter what, just like the postman,

"Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these" SHE'S "from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: snow, sleet, rain or sun - We can still get things done PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:43 am

Good morning!

The thermometer shows normal temperature this morning, so I am declaring myself over the flu/germ/virus/cold/bug/whatever has been making me sick the last 3 days. I am feeling a little weak without my normal energy so I will start slow to get back into sync with the cards. Thinking of Dee who encouraged us to Just Get Started.

DS15 left Arizona at 4am this morning and is headed home. He should arrive before bedtime. DD12 is coming home in the morning.
My 5 days of being child free is ending. Technically it was only 3 days since DS15 left on Monday and came home on Friday. The 3 days that I had free were the days that I was sick and had a fever. Ohs well. It wasn't how I had hoped to spend that time, but it did give us a good dose of quiet and calmness.

Being apart has also given me a break from constant interaction and time to evaluate how DS15 and I interact. It is time for our relationship to change. We have been texting about it. DS15 wants me to continue to mentor him in developing life skills but he feels ready to move from child to adult in some aspects of life. I am thankful for the community of mentors that surround DS15 and will call him out when he gets out of line. The transition into adulthood isn't always smooth but I hope with a few adjustments it will happen without unnecessary angst.

Starting my cards again one hour at a time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:06 am

d lady I am so so happy that the flu has left you! Hope all the good energy comes back to you fast!
I love that you brought D dee to our day! Yes I love that: Just get started!
You are a good good mom!

Happy day to you d lady and to everyone.

I always find it so odd that after a consistent busy time that when everyone leaves I always get sick. It's like my body knows that it doesn't have to keep up and just lets everything happen.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:20 am

UGH, snow and sleet, bw2? We're cloudy going to high sixties with rain tonight. We'll have dinner at A and V's tonight with their daughters. Ds was invited but didn't want to go.

My back is good today (not completely normal maybe but very close.) Ddog was walked a lap and a half lap. There was a dog/stroller/mom combo coming down the street so I went down the alley in the middle so she wouldn't be constantly looking back for it. I saw three deer on the other side again, same place as before. I don't think Millie saw them but smelled them - knew they were there. They are harder to see once the trees and undergrowth leaf out.

Today is doing some things I should have done last night:
-Target pickup (I now have three orders to pick up, easy to shop and let the find what I need)
-grocery (almost out of milk, I know, I was just at the grocery two days ago)
-go by the temple for cemetery bills, etc. She scans them when they come up but I think she missed a couple
-write a thank you note
-what else?

S2s will be later, before we go to dfriends late evening but I'm wrapping up a.m. routine otherwise.

LM, it's almost like your body knows you need rest and down time so you get sick to be sure it happens when you can take that time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:56 am

d twins, I woke to the snow plows coming down our street! Lol, Yesterday I worked in the garden all day even though it was 40 degrees bc the sun made it feel warmer

enjoy your weather d twins - so happy for you!
cheering you on through your day as well.

I have been sitting all morning. not good.
timer goes on at 10 am.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:29 am

(((Cathy))) you are on my mind. Please don't quit posting. Rant, cry, complain, grieve, or any other emotion you are experiencing. You are among friends here.

Making slow progress.
** Texting with DS15 to adjust boundaries and priorities as he is eager to transition toward adulthood. I am now wearing a reminder on my finger to remind me to monitor my words in our daily interactions.
** Cooked one of DH and my favorite meals that we had frequently in our young broke years of marriage. I filled the big cast iron skillet with chunks of potato, onion, peppers, and hot link. We used to make this dish because we had a tight food budget. Even with today's food prices it can be made for under $2. Now I make it because it brings back good memories and it tastes so good.
** 3 trips to the garden to get steps in. I also emptied compost bucket, pulled a few weeds around the edge of the raised beds, and harvested asparagus.
** Worked on homeschool lesson assignments for the remaining 7 weeks of school. I'm not done yet but am making satisfactory progress.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:32 am

I agree dearest Cathy. I and everyone are here for you! I don't know what I would do if everyone here didn't give me someone to lean on.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:35 am

yay on your progress d lady...!!!

me - absolutely no progress at all here at my house.
I don't know why my brain is not starting!

I think I will exercise to see if that helps me move forward. I don't want to but will. My brain wants to dream but the grown up in me knows I can do both: work and play.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:59 am

UP on time 6:15 today I was wondering how long it would take my bio rhythms to re-set after the time change now I know.
Two weeks.
QT - Journaling
Slept well yea!

bfast -x
spiff spare room up x
get fuel in rig & mower jug. Done.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 pm

My thoughts today are also weather/daylight related.

Nancy, so funny you should say you seem to have reset, because today Tobias agrees with me on feeding time, too, and we've been in disagreement since the time change.

It's very overcast here, so I'm glad yesterday was broccoli photosynthesis day.

We've never had such a crop of broccoli sprouts. They were like one of those joke cans with a spring :o , ready to have the contents jump out at you when you opened it. And green, green after just a normal amount of daylight. Very few unsprouted seeds, even though this is the same container I've been scooping from for months. So, I suppose the season really does make a difference, even with an indoor crop of something. It's been generally without chill at all, somewhat warm for days, and sunny yesterday.

Science of homemaking - :) -
Have just gotten back from the mailbox where a delivery person had left a package of 3 (no, 4) interfacings for me. They are an experiment, so that I will know what facing I need for what use from now on - I've never really felt I understood that. I'll have a review on these in A, C and N thread soon. I can already tell it's very interesting how different their "hands" are from each other.

Dd44's household had an applecart turnover today when her youngest's long day of audiology appointments was cancelled. :( These appts are necessary once a year or more as a child grows up, to make sure what devices he might need, what frequencies he's hearing best - lots of things. They take hours. She had scheduled so much around this day, or the family could have already gotten on the road to her dsisil's house to help there. Sigh. I talked to WonderBoy about it, and he said they hadn't made any decisions on how to change up the trip yet.

So glad LadyM is feeling better!

Return to “Post When You Can”