Sharing Sunday Success

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sharing Sunday Success

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:07 pm

I love an inspirational worship! What a good idea to bring a pen and paper to service! wonderful d harriet
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:34 pm

worked in the garage - I am getting stuck but I did the one job I wanted to do.

put all my canning jars in the garage (still wrapped) :D

I went back to my upstairs hallway closet work. I was proud that I got more out of there and now our suitcases are together on the top shelves.
I was able to put two of dd's instruments in dd Youngers closet. I have enjoyed staying on top of her bedroom closet.
All the white elephant things are now together. I broke a mug and need to reorder it.

trying to decide which will make more of an impact for tomorrow
get ladder and go put things further up.
continue working in garage
I also have donations to put in the car.

I have a container for dd Youngers winter gear -that I will put on her top shelf. Mostly all the sailing things are gone or in dd Youngers keepsakes under the stairs in the basement. (not a big space). There is a lot more space.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:55 pm

Did some writing.
Backed a loaf of bread this morning.
Had lunch.
Not dressed the weather is cold and windy off & on rain indoor exercise will be the beast choice for me.
But on my big coat after 3:00 and we walked it was a cold wind, 50* according to the phone weather info.
but it is often wrong IMO.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:20 pm

DGS27 texted me right before church asking if he could hang out with me today. Absolutely was my reply. So, he has been by my side for the past 6 hours. Other than the hour we spent in church together it has been nonstop conversation.

DGS27 helped me make chicken, mac/cheese and salad for lunch. Then we teamed up to sort through a stack of important papers and pull out everyone's birth certificate, adoption papers, immunization records, school records, medical test results, etc. Now everyone has their own personal binder with their important papers. The binders are stored in tubs with handles so they are grab-N-go ready in case a tornado or fire happens.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:29 pm

What a lovely grandson d lady!!! He has grown so much! How wonderful that yo had time with him and he with you!

d Nancy sending warmer breezes your way!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:33 pm

30 minutes flurry of activity.
** Ryder (11 year old boy that lives next door) came to our front door to let us know that Tomas was out of the back yard and had bitten him. It was an all-hands-on-deck moment. DS15 was with a different neighborhood friend so I called him to come home to help. Tomas was eager to come back inside our home and Ryder left. In the busy moments we didn't fully investigate Ryders claim that Tomas bite him. We didn't see any marks on Ryder hand where he pointed to that Tomas had bite. Ryder has a long history of not telling the truth so we are skeptical but don't want to assume anything. The fact that we know for sure is that Tomas dug under the fence and got out of the back yard. This is the first time he has done this.

I looked at the cameras videos and saw Tomas did get out of the fenced in yard and was running around our front yard. The cameras show Ryder and 2 of his brothers in our yard throwing things at Tomas and jumping around yelling at him. The cameras did not capture any direct contact between Ryder and Tomas. I'm not able to prove Tomas did not bite Ryder but I can't find evidence that he did. No marks on Ryder and no camera video showing contact.

Tomas is the gentlest and non-confrontational of all our dogs that we have ever had. I'm trying to wrap my mind around Tomas biting someone.

DS15 and I teamed up to prepare a chain to safely keep Tomas in the back yard until we can sort everything out.

DH is already at a church meeting and I'm about to leave.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:47 pm

horrible that they treated the dog that way!! Praying that your dog didn't bite him. I would keep the video to show the police what the boys were doing.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:34 pm

plates are wobbling and not spinning well.
I don't have food planned for supper. 2 teenage boys and 1 preteen girl are hungry.
I just ordered gas station pizzas because I'm clueless. DH volunteered to go pick it up.

On the good side. The nursery kids were lively but well behaved. I had four 2-year-old boys and an 8-month-old baby boy. A VDFriend helped me with them. #Thankful
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

We enjoyed visiting today. Dstepson, who is so susceptible, is battling poison ivy again. At his workplace, there was a great deal of outdoor clearing they wanted to do, and he worked on that. Even though he wore a long-sleeve shirt and gloves, he still got a place at his wrist. Upon the advice of a co-worker, he put white Kiwi shoe polish on it. In theory, that doesn't hurt you and absolutely stops the spread. Works on the principal that calamine does, but more absolute. Hmmm... .. I hope.

After they left, I took a brief nap and have been sewing since. Was able to use the helpful surface of the bar again while no one else needed the kitchen, got a lot done there and into labeled stacks, out of the way. Sewing at machine since.

A little tedious with plenty of pins and close work. Felt lightheaded for a moment- I think my eyes were suddenly having trouble with focus so I left the machine for a while. Back again later and all was well.

Dd25 has been playing an online game with a friend and I've heard her laughing so much. I'm glad that she's been able to unwind today. Working on the outdoor mural was good for her, too.

Twins', I hope your aches go away - yes, if you need some pro attention, better to get it than to neglect something that would help. Best wishes.

Ramblin',
so sorry to hear you have such close friends with medical needs right now. Hoping they hear good news.

blessed, be extra (as in EXTRA) careful with that ladder tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”