Manage your Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Manage your Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:03 am

And along the way, manage the week, and rest of the month! And quarter, as Harmony would remind us when she worked on payroll taxes.

What are today's needs and wants? And for the week? What needs to happen soon?

Assess, and manage!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Manage your Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:53 am

Good morning!

Posting from gym while pedaling on bike.

It is back to normal public school and homeschool schedule today. 4 out of house trips is part of that.

Hum ho hum ho it is off to trips i go.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 am

d harriet praying your d step son poison ivy reaction goes away fast !!!
I am so happy that your dd is getting a chance to work on an outside mural - how fun for her!!!

d twins good morning - managing the week - I like that. If I don't plan a bit the week manages me instead!
thank you for a wonderful start!

d lady
good morning as well! yay enjoy the gym!!! I hope today is an easy peasy errand's day

to all - wishing you a blessed day!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:16 am

working to wrangle in Monday!

have a wonderful day!!!!
dh has his nurse coming today.

it's raining and not snowing which is wonderful
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:42 am

I almost always start slow on Mondays. After sleeping in on the weekend it's so hard to get up, and the house is quiet and so nice. (Except for the dog fussing about her walk. :roll: ) I'm still working from a spreadsheet but not feeling very productive these days. I need to finish a.m. routine. Note for tomorrow: crossroads of the day are in effect.

Some things OMM:
-write a thank you note to DAR Registrar
-inventory outside freezer
-webinars (two)
-Upstairs in bonus room/office/craft room
----move older small bookcase downstairs
----bring down trash
----15 min straighten up, craft desk
-move extra barstool to garage
-prune water sprouts on crepe myrtle
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:32 am

Home from gym. I have 30 minutes before leaving for DS15 music lesson.

>>>rant
I am frustrated with the education system which I think is failing in so many ways. The percentage of kids dropping out of middle & high school is astonishing to me. They state their intention to homeschool........but the kids I personally know are not following through with doing homeschool. Their parents don't seem to do anything about it.

One of DS15 friends is 14 year old and has been mostly on her own for a couple years. She lives with her Mom but the Mom is rarely home. Last year the mom bought a pickup for the 13 year old to drive so she had a way to get around while her Mom is gone. I really REALLY like this girl. She has so many good qualities and is hard working. She works multiple part time jobs. Recently she started detailing vehicles and doing very well with it. She called DS15 this morning asking him to work with her today. She has 4 vehicles to detail and offered DS15 $200 if he would help her do them. DS15 turned her down because he has to do his homeschool lessons and then go to his job this afternoon.

Another one of DS15 friends that lives 2 doors from us also quit attending public school this school year with intention of homeschooling. He started following an online curriculum but after a week or so it kinda faded away. His dad currently works in another state (oil field welder) and the Mom spends about 90% of the time where the Dad is working. The Mom comes home a couple days a month to get things lined out so she can leave again. DS15 friend isn't old enough to get drivers license but he has a vehicle provided by his parents to drive so he can get around.

I could go on and on telling about other kids I personally know who are doing the same of quitting school. .
I am feeling old. Like the old generation that doesn't get the upcoming generation. I don't remember any of my classmates quitting high school. I don't remember any of our 40-50 year old kids friends quitting high school. But it seems common for the kids in this generation to quit school
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:46 am

I have been up since six.
Did my QT and sj , mp not done that will be later.
Stuff on my mind wondering if my order will get here before Easter no prob. if now books is what I am considering.
Pens hoping to find locally.
2 bills to take care of this week not due yet but on my intentions list.
Keeping busy is my goal today.
Get dressed is next.

34* 54* F. today's temp. range.

A family member now 45 -ish left school did get her GED later but effected this person
in so many negative ways I would not recommend it. Mostly self esteem issues and being badgered and looked
down on by peers. A huge thing to over come. Just sayin' I hear you LM.

Slept well & had fun dreams!
Did errands.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:14 pm

waving at you d Nancy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm

I am praying for these kids - their parents aren't giving them the support and care that they need to be productive in life. so sad!
it really makes me sad for them. So frustrating for you to see d lady!
it's not old d lady - you are pointing out neglect.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Home from my 3rd out-of-house trip. That takes care of 2 of DS15 homeschool classes for today. The other assignments he will work on independently.

I don't have all the plates spinning yet so we have no ready-to-eat food and I don't have a menu plan. While DS15 was in his music lessons I went to small grocery store. Shopping without a plan is never my strong suit. Sandwiches, chips and dip are what's for dinner today.

next up - Call for appt to get yearly maintenance done on water softener system and reverse osmosis system.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”