Manage your Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Manage your Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:40 pm

This:
their parents aren't giving them the support and care that they need to be productive in life. so sad!
This is so sad, LadyM. I assume Child protective services won't step in at that age?

Frustrating morning, ddog was noisy and complaining and Roomba didn't remember where I wanted it to clean kept trundling around the house saying it was on it's way to a room. I'm trying now telling it to just clean everywhere. I refilled all my meds for the week, then for Monday-Wednesday next week, then filled ziploc bags with meds for trip. I'll need to get pharmacy to get an exception from insurance - I don't have enough for the entire trip of two meds, and the refill date isn't until after we leave. Dd called and I didn't answer, didn't need interruptions but I called her back and we talked. While talking I probably did 10 min clean up on stamping desk, so need to do a little more.

-write a thank you note to DAR Registrar
-inventory outside freezer
-webinars (two)
-Upstairs in bonus room/office/craft room
----move older small bookcase downstairs
----bring down trash
----15 min straighten up, craft desk

-move extra barstool to garage
-prune water sprouts on crepe myrtle
-what else?

While the dog is finally peaceful, I think I'm going upstairs to watch a webinar.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:33 pm

Twins impressive progress there!
I have prop. tax ready to go tomorrow missed it today had to get scissors and mail came and went
while I was clipping off the payment stub, there were perforated in the pas this year they are not.

Got my order placed yea! The stuff I wanted to come before Easter is coming.
Pens books & journal and writing folio.
More books used & watch to replace one I broke not sure will come later in a week or so.
Yea! Excited. Some of it is a reward for all the paperwork etc, on the estated stuff I've been doing.

My step count is great to far today.

Got yarn [turquoise blue] so I can finish the projects that are waiting for it.
Metellic pens just for fun trying a new kind.
Shoes to replace I'll fitting & warn out pairs.
:mrgreen:
Barely got any food not a food shopping trip but have stuff to use my new pizza pan.
Will be praying for this kids.
in m y gpa's day 8th grade was the norm he did sort of okay in his life, could have used a how to budget lesson or two how ever.
Dump Trash
start laundry
fold put away one load of clothes
last load folded & put away
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:24 pm

Leftover spaghetti and meatballs for supper.

In 1979 when I was in grade 12 one of the other girls in my grade "suddenly" dropped out and went to live with an aunt on the east coast. What a scandal in those days! That was the only person in our grade level that did that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:29 pm

. I assume Child protective services won't step in at that age?

I don't think so. They aren't breaking any laws that I know of.
Not going to school is not against the law if you are homeschooling.
Teenagers don't need a babysitter so leaving them alone isn't against the law.
Their homes have food and are clean(ish).
They drive before being old enough to get a license but that is fairly common in rural areas. The 14 year old girl was stopped by police last year as she was driving to a rodeo (she rides bulls). She was driving a pickup pulling a horse trailer and one of the taillights was broken. That got her a $300 fine and they required a licensed driver to come drive the vehicle.

It is the trend that I find frustrating. Quitting school shouldn't be trendy (IMHO)

We have 3 nights of temperatures at freezing. I watered the 100 or so plants I have waiting to be put into raised beds. Once they dry a bit I will move them into a protected area. I haven't decided if I will bring them indoors or put them next to the house and cover them.

Next up - make appt for the periodontal work. I have been procrastinating on doing this because I DON'T WANNA DO IT
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:42 pm

So so frustrating d Lady - so sad! NO, quitting school shouldn't be a trend!.

Garbage bin is full :D
winter gear has been minimized again. dd younger has 8 hats - I think I will decrease it by 2
I am hoping to get to the donation center tomorrow. dh wants to stop by the store tomorrow - his eye meds are ready.

I think dh made a mistake about the nurse coming - I still think it's Wednesday but I didn't talk to Edwin

Next: see if there is any paint in the hall closet and place it together in basement - shelves are lovely bc I have been getting rid of things for years.
I have one stain and one white paint. I remember when I had tons of paint cans.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:23 pm

I'm managing, I'm managing... can I give myself a bit of a POTB?
Ta-das for today:
* went to church AND stayed for lunch afterwards -- thank you, dh, for being "up" for all this. I knew he was not feeling well at all, but he wanted to go, and surprised me by staying for the meal. Our church has noon day services each day during Holy Week, inviting other churches in the community, and we have a guest speaker each day, with music from their congregations. Today's speaker was the preacher from the church we will be moving to IF our church does not disaffiliate this summer. I really like him.
* called florist and got names and addresses for flower arrangements at daunt's funeral -- duncle has apparently lost the cards?
* went to Dollar Tree and bought thank you notes
* wrote thank you notes, and a sympathy card to church member whose husband died last week
* talked to dgs and ds -- dgs apparently has a paraflu virus which is causing his extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, diarrhea and vomiting. DH and I are suspicious of this diagnosis because it seems the stomach issues have gone on too long... but NP said stay home tomorrow also and maybe he would feel like going back to school Wed. DS says if he doesn't, they will go back and tell NP it must not be this virus, try something else.
* talked to dmom on phone

Now, before y'all let me toot my horn too much about the thank you notes -- there were only FIVE that needed to be written. Do y'all see a trend towards less flowers being sent to funeral services in your area? Dcousin and I were VERY shocked and disappointed that there were so few. Daunt was much loved by all who knew her, by all accounts. Dmom says people just aren't sending flowers like they used to... ddil says people may have loved daunt, but they know duncle is... NOT very lovable... and they just don't want to send flowers to him. And I guess the fact that there are no children to deal with flowers/plants contributes to this feeling also.
As it was, daunt had the floral blanket from duncle on the casket, a stand from sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews, a stand from her current church, a stand from previous church, a stand from her high school graduating class, a small dish garden from a special friend/"honorary granddaughter," and an afghan from her long-time best friend.

Anyway -- my dcousin has been driving down there to duncle's EVERY day, making sure he's taking his medicine, asking if he needs anything to eat, etc. I do NOT know how she is doing this and I do not know how long she can keep up this pace. I told dmom, all I can say is, she's a better woman than me. I'm almost scared to call him on the phone. I don't think he actually spoke to any of us -- me, dmom, dbro, or ds or ddil at the funeral. This is probably an effect of the medication he is on now. I really just cannot take on a daily trip of 20 miles one way to see about him, and with dgrands all weekend... I'll be honest. Duncle was NOT very good to daunt (even BEFORE dementia) and I just don't really want to get involved at this point. I probably have not spent any real time with him in over a year.
Dcousin, OTOH, was likely seeing him every week or so. She did not go to church with him and her mom, but her mom had him and daunt for lunch every Sunday, so I'm sure she saw him more than we did. PLUS she spent birthdays and holidays with him. Which we did not, remember? ;)
Anyway... I am just praying that somehow, someone will convince him he needs assisted living, or visiting angels, or something.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:54 pm

I've had a productive day. Haven't done everything on my list but did manage a few extras too.

-write a thank you note to DAR Registrar
-inventory outside freezer
-webinars (two)
-Upstairs in bonus room/office/craft room
----move older small bookcase downstairs
----bring down trash
----15 min straighten up, craft desk
-move extra barstool to garage

-prune water sprouts on crepe myrtle
-what else?

The meds/vitamin organization took awhile and I made a note to go to pharmacy later in the week for the scripts I'll need early. I've walked the dog, took out the garbage for the a.m., and verified that the HOA garbage is out. (Turns out that after the Christmas party up there no one took out the garbage for pickup....)

Dh got home, supper is underway. I'm so distracted by him I can't think right now. It's been a successful day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:59 pm

I apologize for making that last post all about me me me...
I do miss Harmony... SUNNY -- please check in and let us know if there are any updates! And let us know what's going on in your corner of the village too!
Also sending soothing, calm-skin wishes to your dgs, Harriet. I have never had poison ivy, but I know he must be miserable.

Glad things are back to "normal" for your household, LadyM, and you're enjoying your time at the gym. I am trying to encourage dmom to go to a class I heard about this weekend at one of our local gyms. They have a class that a friend attends, and she thinks it is helping with balance. This is dmom's BIG problem.

Wow -- that IS interesting, LadyM, about the "trend" of quitting school. I don't think it is that big a problem here in my area -- YET -- but I don't really know. I think homeschooling IS becoming more popular, and I know of several who are doing these sorta hybrid things -- our county has a separate school where kids go two or three days a week, and then the rest of the week it's online. I have a friend who did this for a few years in another county in our area. But the friend's children went back to traditional school after a few years. It's also concerning, IMHO, that the kids you mentioned seem to be on their own for the most part of the time -- no parent even in the home for them for long periods of time. That just doesn't seem right.
I do suspect that a lot of homeschooling kids are just doing no schooling at all, and I think that did happen with a cousin of mine -- the only member of my "immediate" family to quit school since my dmom quit to have me in 1961! This cousin (1st cousin's son) was probably having trouble with grades, if I had to guess, and he quit with the idea that his grandfather was going to home school him. I'm not sure how that turned out... but I think he probably got a GED eventually. As far as I know, he has a good job now, and he is in a good place with his life -- but it's taken a while. We were all waiting a long time for him to "grow up," if you know what I mean.
I don't understand this either. The only people I remember quitting school were a few girls who got pregnant, and I remember a boy who played football for dh who quit because his girlfriend was pregnant. * I graduated in 1979, too, Cathy! :D
And Nancy -- yes -- I don't believe any of my grandparents went past 8th grade. The world was much different then, wasn't it? My maternal grandfather worked as a brick mason and did very well, maternal grandmother worked in "dry good" shops until the "lingerie factory" opened up and then she got a job there. Paternal grandfather had a hard time as a sharecropper/farmer when my dad was little. Later an aluminum products factory opened up near him, and he had a good job there, running heavy equipment. My paternal grandmother never had a job outside the home, as far as I know. Gardening, sewing, and cooking and cleaning for three children and a husband -- three of whom were very "spoiled" males -- was enough for her, I guess. ;)

You know, a visiting nurse would be an excellent idea for duncle, blessed. I wonder if his doctor might be able to sign him up for something like that.

Well -- I've probably still left out a bunch of people and things I should have commented on. I should be out pruning shrubs, Twins, but gosh -- we are having wind gusts that would blow you down! We are under a wind advisory that says to expect gusts of 55 mph, but dh heard they could reach 70 mph! Rain late tonight/early tomorrow. And my allergies are acting up big time.
DGD is at ball practice, but dgs is missing his game tonight, and probably tomorrow too. :(

I've got to get laundry started -- I've managed the "extras" for today, but not the ordinary weekly chore of laundry.
And I am also procrastinating on doctor's appts, LadyM. I have this week and next week, and then my rx's run out. OBGYN who prescribed them has retired. I am pretty sure family doctor will refill them for me, but I'm debating whether to call ddil's OBGYN (who she really likes) and start seeing her... or just give up those icky exams and use family doctor for everything else. I suppose he'd give me orders for mammograms too. But I don't guess I should give up all female concerns at 62... and dmom keeps saying "remember Mam-maw, who died with female cancer." At about my age. DH, OTOH, says, well... you could also remember all the other women in your family who never had any sort of cancer, if you don't want to go. :roll:

I'll have to think about that tomorrow -- they're all closed today! :lol:

I'm so distracted by him I can't think right now.
BTDT... (((TWINS)))
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:01 pm

how sweet that your dh stayed with you for the service and luncheon d Lucy
Flowers for funerals have gone down in my humble opinion. I don't think it's a reflection of the person whom is being celebrating but the prices have flowers have gone up more than many young ones can afford.
I am praying for your d cousin as she cares for her d dad!
I am sorry your d uncle wasn't kind to your d aunt. Our neighbors husband is totally unaware of how he treats his wife and son. He said his father was a horrible man but is totally unaware how brutal he can be.
Praying for your d cousin and her father and the whole family. praying he goes to assisted living.

I was so happy that, after checking through the garage, basement, closets etc., I have only one gallon of white, one mini of black rustoleum and pint of white. that's it! :D Now they are in one spot.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:02 pm

you did so so much today too d twins - yahoo!

Return to “Post When You Can”