On Task Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: On Task Tuesday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:04 pm

Nancy, I noticed you said you were proud of me! :D

Twins', I know you are getting excited about your happy trip. Hoping all the preparations go well.

Homeschool/At-Home learning thoughts
My four homeschooled grands are thriving BUT it's
1) through the state public schools online, which follows the same curriculum, testing
2) under the close supervision of a parent who is also a professional educator
These teachers (usually 6 per boy) communicate ALL the time. Dd will get an email and call the teacher, and it can be a little thing, like changing the date of an assignment, or the teacher wanting to tell her her child didn't seem to feel well, or his camera/screen acted up. In a way, the boys can't catch a break, lol.

But no, they have never gone back to in-person school since Covid days - they were in their experimental year of online school when Covid hit. The family tried it because oldest and youngest are hard of hearing, and sure enough it was working well. Dd44 had no idea it would become so helpful after my dsonil's death and when the pandemic happened.

Covid did temporarily stop their sports participation, though. I've noticed that even though two of the boys are playing soccer again, none of them ever regained the intensity for sports they once felt. But that may have to do with the move as well. They were going to lose their teammates no matter what.

Ds' two children came along generally younger and somehow managed to have a fresher start in sports when the pandemic eased - in fact, dgdC first walked onto a baseball field after the pandemic. They are loving baseball, very close with teammates. Our green-eyed boy lives and breathes baseball, I think.

Oh, I'm so glad ya'll got me thinking of grands!!!! Two birthdays coming up, so Grandma better know what she's doing!!!

We have an online grocery order in and have put off our trip to the other grocery. We need to get it done, but maybe tomorrow.

It's trash day in the morning at Oh-Dark-Thirty so that's on my mind. HRH's complicated spaghetti sauce is on the stove, smelling pretty terrific, actually.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:10 pm

thank you d twins - I unglued myself from the spot I was sitting - I am on and off getting lost in my ADHD; but I made progress!

yay on finishing your routine d twins!!!
Praying for you dd to get the job she loves!!!
have a great work out.

yay on gym and grocery store d lady!!
what a great idea d lady; a great teaching opportunity.

yay on your decluttering d Nancy and all you do!

d harriet how wonderful for your d grands!!!
how wonderful that they love their team mates and baseball!
I can imagine how wonderful the sauce smells!

d Lucy, d lynlee thinking of you, d harmony (I am thinking of you), d cathy (thinking of you and your dh!) d rose hello, d mystery hello.
dear everyone hello!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:15 pm

it has been pouring but it stopped for a moment- dh wanted me to go to the store but is putting it off.

my floors are looking like a rugby team (on a wet rainy day) running through the house after a game. Even the kitchen cabinets near the door is full of muck as well!

did dailies (no exercise yet or dog training)

My peach tree (in the 3 season room) is flowering - I won't get peaches but the tree is beautiful. Too cold to put outside.

took garbage out

went through hangers again - out with the ones that don't match

measured the upstairs closet

put together walker with brakes - until I can get back to walking miles again, I am going to practice with the walker bc of my goofy ankles. My goal is to go on flat paths in the woods again w support- dd younger has me on her phone and visa versa for safety

I told dh that I want to go to the donation center and get my meds. He said he will come with.

I love the wild life that flies overhead - We have heron, geese, Canadian geese, Cormorants (which we used to only have in door county, sister bay on the lake. Someone said there was a loon near here which is normally an up north (Wisconsin, Minnesota bird (I have great memories of Loons in the wild areas of Canada). we have turkey vultures but it's rare they fly over head the houses. (mostly in the woods or horse farms).
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:19 pm

Well I've spent the last two days completely overhauling my office including redoing my filing cabinet and getting all my genealogy in folders by my desk. Yesterday I filled over 2.5 large waste baskets with old papers and things no longer needed. This was after my exercise class.

The community had a meeting last night to introduce us to the landscaping company that is now on property. It started at 5:30 and went past 7. But I found the information very useful and I learned all about tropical Florida grasses and weeds. Much was explained about how the company plans on fixing the properties around the area.

I walked to the meeting and of course back home which gave me over 14K steps for the day. I plan on walking again in just a while as I really did enjoy myself

Lucylee..I wrote and then mailed 7 Easter cards to my grands plus 5 great nieces and nephews. Sometimes I get thanks from their parent and sometime not, but thats ok with me cause it makes me happy to do it.

LadyM...when my son went to live with his dad, he lived in two different worlds. His father had money and I didn't which mean I was on a very tight grocery budget. Many of what I bought for him in the past like fruit roll up I could no longer by and had to by the generic brand. Thats when I started introducing my son to the grocery store. He learned about how expensive or favorite brands where shelved at eye level and the cheaper things could be found either on the top or bottom shelves. He learned about the unit price and weight and then would compare things like peanut butter in different brands.

He got really good at making grocery lists for our foods in the house and made it a game when we went to the store. I also taught him how commercials sell to their viewers and the game because...What are they trying to sell to you and how are they doing it? Believe it or not he loved both games and it helped me because I knew he understood why I had to choose certain brands.

Once after I began teaching, I made him our normal off brand mac and cheese in a box. I usually didn't eat it, so when there was a pot of it on the stove, I decided to take a bite....It was awful!!!!! I asked my son why he hadn't said some thing to me about it and he said he thought this brand was all we could afford. I told him I was no longer broke since I was teaching and I could afford the better box of mac and cheese so he would never have to eat that awful mac and cheese again!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:19 pm

I am watching the news on the bridge in Baltimore. Wow I have no words!
I did make lunch pizza used my new pizza pan it worked great with one box of Jiffy mix
it was the perfect amount, sauce from a jar, and cheese marbled cheddar, and a white cheese.
My kids used to luv the groc. game too! LOL!
Good thing I did not have much for bfast just a boiled egg.

We had some rain it has stopped and some clouds parted for the sun to shine through yea!
50* outside here now.
Walked.
I washed and cut my hair 6" off is no longer waist length and below shoulder length.
Dries faster and easier and looks better less is better in this case!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:38 pm

hello d rose! how wonderful that you worked on overhauling your office!!!!
Glad you enjoyed the landscape company talk for your area.
you also did your easter mail -Great!
I love that you too taught your d son about grocery shopping.
too funny about the Mac and cheese being so awful. What a kind son you have!

d Nancy - Your hair looks amazing!!! 6" off must feel so good.

hello all

dh came with me to the pharmacy and we picked up his meds and my meds.
we also made a donation drop off, which makes me happy!
I even stopped by star b. for coffee - it was a nice treat.

the temps are dropping fast and the wind is picking up. I had planned on weeding if it stayed in the upper 40s but temps are now going down. We are supposed to be 22 degrees by morning :shock: All I can say is "Uncle"! :lol:

I want to work in the garage but I am a bit chilly - but again I am in shorts and a sweatshirt.

wishing you a lovely afternoon!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 pm

cut my hair 6" off i

Nancy - Glad the new hair length is working well for you.

I admit to being very close to cutting my hair this morning. I resisted the urge because I knew it wasn't well thought through and I didn't want regrets.. I decided to change the way that I style it and am happy with the change.

I have been checking on garden plants looking for signs of freeze damage. The temps did get below freezing and I found ice in bird feeder that is located just a few feet from the tender new plants. The plants are lower to the ground and have a solid wall next to them which might have been the difference between freezing or surviving. The potato plants are probably the least hardy and they look fine. *** Big Sigh of relief*** We have 2 more nights of being near freezing (34) but that is warmer than last night. Currently growing in the garden - Strawberries, potatoes, onions, garlic, pak choi, radish, beets, peas, and asparagus. I will start planting the tomato and pepper plants on Thursday.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:01 pm

your garden sounds wonderful - we can't plant tomatoes or peppers until end of may - I am so excited for you -

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:04 pm

Is Cathy around? Wondering what's for supper at her house!

Will leave in a few for workout. It's been pouring rain but has let up just a little.

Cemetery work took longer than expected.

---------------------

Left this sitting on my computer when I left for workout. While out I also picked up dh's shirts etc. at the cleaners.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:17 pm

Yesterday I filled over 2.5 large waste baskets with old papers and things no longer needed.
RR, I need to purge my genealogy files and cardstock files upstairs. When I started with genealogy I printed everything, now I save it digitally. I probably have most of what's in those files but need to look through them and check. I can scan what I don't already have and let the paper files go.

LM, I wasn't paying attention and one of my ferns got some freeze damage. The one on the front porch was fine, the one hanging up in the back yard got bitten. Need to trim the bad fronds and it will be okay. What a garden you have!

bw2, glad you and dh got out of the house. Have you thought about using a cane or walking stick outside?

Wow, that's a lot of hair Nancy! It will be so much easier to take care of! I've watched the bridge news too, will be a problem for river and highway traffic.

I am going to start our tax return next. Will need to walk the ddog soon. DH is bowling tonight, I'll have eggplant parm from the freezer for my supper.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”