On Task Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

On Task Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:39 am

Are you on task today? If you did some planning you'll know what those tasks are and be ready to hit them. If your planning went awry, sit down, do a little planning for what the day holds, and you'll be right on task!

Let's go!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: On Task Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:59 am

well good morning to you dear Twins!!!
I hope you have a lovely day!

d Lucy and d Lady - I would have never thought about the correlation of Covid (children cont education from home) and kids wanting to leave school all together. It totally makes sense!
I wonder if there will be a study, one day, of the social/educational effects of covid and children.

I wish you all a lovely day.
my hope is to go task by task - Happy On task Tuesday

tonight and tomorrow we are going to have temps in the 20's - I have to remember that every start of the baseball season is really really cold. (our home opener is early: April 1 - too funny bc it's April fools day.
Baseball is not my thing - I do love seeing relatives kids playing though!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:40 am

Good morning!

Twins - Thank you for the start and task management encouragement. I am reading with great interest your prep for upcoming trip. I am excited for you.

I continue in my effort to get all the plates spinning again. Meal prep is vital and my most urgent plate to get spinning again. My sandwiches plan for yesterday was a flop. Trying to fill teenage boys up with sandwiches was not a success. DS15 and a friend were in the kitchen at 9pm last night cooking frozen pizzas.

Today I am incorporating meal planning/purchase/prep into a homeschooling lesson. I am having DS15 go to grocery store and select ingredients then cook them. I have selected an easy menu that is a favorite of his. He will be buying, cooking, serving spaghetti and meat sauce. I am interested in what he decides to serve with the meal. Salad? Bread? Doing a cost analysis of ingredients and meal will also be part of the lesson.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:43 am

I don't always make a list the night before, even tho it's in p.m. routine. There are days/weeks I don't need it. This week I'm knocking things out in anticipation of being away beginning a week from tomorrow.

Last night I went ahead and paid the one HOA bill that is outstanding so that's done. If something comes I can do another bill. I don't know if I'll have time to reconcile through 3/31 but I'm not going to worry about whether it's done before we go.

So I have some desk day items, carryovers from yesterday (outside freezer and crepe myrtle pruning), and other assorted tasks. And I have a ck up appt at the sleep doc at 11, and then workout at two. And dh is out tonight. (appt at 11 is ten minutes away so easy.)

Won't make crossroads of the day at ten a.m., but close. I need to wash up and walk the ddog. It's pouring rain so will be short walk but she insists.

What a great lesson for ds, LadyM! And I do see that correlation between COVID homeschool and dropping out too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 am

waving at you d lady and d twins!!!

the back swing door opened up while I was out in front. The younger dog dug up a bone, from the inside yard, and brought that and a bunch of mud still connected to the bone inside the house. There is now mud all over the kitchen floor and d younger dog is showing me her find in such a happy manner!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Tuesday Triumph PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 am

I have some ta daas!
Paid a bill
Trash is at the curb.
Did some decluttering yesterday.
up at 5:00!
QT done
bs was great today after a 10,000 step day on Mon.
New journal to start!
Bujo - needs attn. New one for the new mo. under consideration.

I have some items to let go of in the shed ~ that is for another day however it it raining.
Made some progress on a writing project got past where I was stuck yea!
Finished reading a book on writing yesterday.

You all should have seen the table it was full with piles of planners books notebooks and journals yesterday.
I worked getting that off there and in the other room last evening to get my step count in so glad I did that
it would have been very overwhelming to wake up to this morning!

More books on the way ..

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:14 am

hello d Nancy - yay for your ta da's yay yay yay

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:15 am

spoke to dd younger - mom has been washing laundry without soap and leaving it wet and then rewashing over and over again.

I have been stuck, cranky, stuck and need to unglue myself!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:48 am

Home from gym and grocery store with DS15.

The scenario I gave him was....you are living in your own place and want to cook a meal with enough food to share with friends. Go to the grocery store and buy what you will need to prepare the meal. He did excellent without any help from me selecting the ingredients. I had all the ingredients on hand to make this meal, but I wanted DS15 to experience walking the grocery store aisle, comparing brands, and selecting ingredients. #LifeSkills DS15 is working independently on his ELA, history, Spanish and Math homeschool assignments.

Now that part of my day is done, I can turn my attention and focus to other things.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:12 pm

((bw2))

I finished a.m. routine a little before 10:30 and was off to appointment in pouring rain. Location has changed, but all is well for another year. Dropped mail at post office and talked to dd on phone (again) while driving. An organization that she's interviewed with asked if she could start on Thursday, but hasn't made an offer yet! She's sent an email to the organization she would most like to work with, asking them for an update.

I will be leaving to workout in less than two hours.

Return to “Post When You Can”