Anti-Procrastination Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti-Procrastination Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:12 am

What's been on your mind, but you just haven't gotten to it yet? Today is the day to make those tasks happen! It's Anti-Procrastination Day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Anti-Procrastination Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:06 am

Good morning

DD12 has been delivered to school while I listened to her chatter. Now I have a few minutes before leaving for gym with DS15.

I do have a list of things to accomplish that I am procrastinating about. It is a balance of how many things I can cram into a day. I try to complete one project a day. Today's project is yearly maintenance of water softener and reverse osmosis water systems. It should have been done in January, but it wasn't a priority, so it became a procrastination. Our water has a terrible taste now, so I regret being 14 months between maintenance instead of the recommended 12 months.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:37 am

Dh has gone for blood work. We are going out for fish and chips for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:05 am

d Lucy - I did see that! I had that with one uncle - he had a daughter but she was in another state and didn't come in or handle things. I also did this w a dear aunt who was my uncles ex (my dad's brother). Her children were in a different state.

It's hard to turn away from someone who has no one. I pray this uncle goes into a retirement village. I wonder if senior services could be notified for a watch over/or suggest hiring someone. I hope your d cousin steps back re: going there so much then senior service may be able to move him if he is unable to care for himself.

praying.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:07 am

d twins thank you for the start!!!

hi d lady too

hi d cathy too

hello dear everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:12 am

22 degrees this morning!
I am still working on finishing cleaning the closet. I am hoping dd older and I can wash down the closet
When it is warm enough then I would like to move shelves away from the walls in the garage and clean behind and under the shelves.

birds need feeding - everything is empty
the yellow goldfinches are back

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:34 am

Yes, I was just posting in A, C and N thread about our turn :arrow: for chillier weather here. Makes working with textiles indoors look very comforting! I had to get a sweater back out because we would rather not turn on heat again, but I think we're not going to hold out on that one, lol. Tobias is appalled.

HRH has gone out for breakfast and some errands. Just while he's been gone, we've had two separate deliveries for dd25 and have yet another coming this afternoon. Her life is busy and changing right now.

Procrastinating? Perhaps some greeting cards that are overdue. Otherwise, I'll be getting the dailies done and headed for the sewing room.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:47 am

have a wonderful day d harriet as well. stay cozy and warm!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:59 am

? When my uncle died after my aunt died I took in all her photos and parents things including high school diplomas. There aren't any family left on her side and she never had children. Now I want to scan two or three things and put it under ancestry and let go of the rest - dd older said that it was cold to do that. it's like her history is gone.

I have everyone's photos still - boxes and boxes of them. I don't want all of them, no one else wants physical photos anymore and I know that dd younger will keep all of them.
How would you reduce the size and still be respectful.

One consideration for aunts stuff was to scan a few and put the pictures on ancestry and burn the rest - say a little prayer over them and put them in the garden or on their graves; but their graves are 2 hours away.

I am wondering if I burn most of them and not tell dd older or younger that by leaving them only a manageable group of photos, that the guilt with these things will stop with me.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:35 am

Homeschool is happening.

I spent some time straightening up around the equipment where the plumbers will be doing maintenance. The equipment is in 3 separate locations plus the RO faucet on the kitchen sink. I swept and mopped the equipment areas. They had an accumulation of lint and dust bunnies because those areas are rarely accessed. It didn't take long to accomplish, and it looks so much nicer now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”