Anti-Procrastination Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Anti-Procrastination Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am

It's a gorgeous morning here and I'm taking it slow. Dh is away overnight so took his time packing and getting away this a.m. Last night I was working on our tax return and just petered out on it. No to-do list for today, no planning ahead.

I'm kind of all over the place today so I'm setting a timer and just working for 45, starting at 11:30. Anyone wanna come along?

Some of the OMM things:
-return at amazon
-drop off amazon return
-target return
-groceries
-tax return
-need to call about temple cemetery funds DONE
-lots more....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:53 am

I did anti p. stuff yesterday as I was smart to move that to Tues. this week.
I made pizza & froze half of it.
Cut my bangs & trimmed my hair.
Picked up office supplies scattered about the main part and rounded them up and put them
in my butterfly room. Some got put away.
Swiffered the floors too.
Did my study lesson.
Got some writing done too last nite.
-----
Today I can play that was my plan.
LH heavenly bday today I wanted fun things for my day luv how this is working out.
:idea: Lite duty day today for me.

36^ / 54* F. frosty out here this morning it will warm up later hoping the wind is not as bad as yesterday.

As for photos to keep are ones with I'd of people & places. To not keep ones with out that.
But I have boxes of stuff for kids the wanted me to keep em I did sort some for each.
But they did want the dresser that fil made and took that and one other one.

I replaced the one craft dresser and am considering the other one to replace it with.
Sort of still looking for the right one in the right color.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 pm

My mind is kind of pinging all over the place. I've worked some on tax return but was interrupted by phone call re: HOA and now need to send an email re: that issue. I made a DPC to the guy I cc-ed yesterday on the cemetery money - he hadn't gotten to his emails this a.m. so I wanted to give him a heads up.

That round at least got me moving.

Ddog is enjoying sunshine outside. I'm holding my breath.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:41 pm

More work on tax return, we'll owe, but I think it's tolerable, not outrageous. My back has decided it's unhappy again so I've done the roll on stuff and need to stretch. (but will I?)

I need to eat some lunch so I'm breaking longer.

I went ahead and did the Instacart order for delivery after five p.m.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:51 pm

spent the morning in the garage - tossed some, swept some, put away things that I use. All the Christmas is now in the garage for easy decorating next year. I want Christmas pared down again next year. put like things together. I don't get rid of dh's stuff.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:00 pm

The plumber was here 1.5 hours and now the yearly water softener/RO system maintenance is accomplished.

We have cooler weather with minimum sunshine. My least favorite weather is cold and cloudy. I wonder if I will remember how much I don't like this weather when it is 110F this summer.

Not having all the plates spinning is messing with my mind. Or maybe my mind not being clear is messing with my ability to get the plates spinning? Either way I have started using the old faithful hip pad again. It has years of proven effectiveness so just starting to use it again gives me confidence that things will get better.

Cathy pork chops sounded good yesterday and inspires me. I'm going to pull some out of the freezer to make later. I have some hamburger meat ready to use so I will make homemade Manwich today. I'll make mashed potatoes and a green salad to go with it. Tonight meal with the church family is BBQ.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:41 pm

hello d twins - yay on more work done on your taxes - I am sorry your back is hurting - sending a masseuse over right now!

hello Nancy! good for you on working on your anti p yesterday!!!
pizza sounds great
your hair looks stunning
yay on all your work.

to you - a celebration of your d LH heavenly birthday! May it be a blessed day!!!
I think it's so cool that your d fil made a dresser for you and your LH! hope you find a dresser that you love!!!

hope today is a wonderful Homeschool day!!! well done on cleaning the equipment area!!!

I cleaned a shelf in the kitchen as well as the work in the garage.
I received my compost bags and they are now in one part of the garage.
I have empty shelves in multiple closets now. I love the once a year declutter dance!
----------------
rant:

poor dd younger is dealing with a very difficult mom. Mom is in her "burying her loved ones to impress other people" mode. She has always had that in her but these last two weeks have been esp bad. sis in law is coming in and my aunt/uncle (not nice people) invited themselves mid week for easter. Mom , (not sis in laws fault), puts her above my d brother, dh, me, dd's. it's bad.
Praying dd can weather this difficult week ahead. Oh my gosh, when I say mom is nasty - woo wee - what someone has when young exemplifies as they get older. Oh my - I wonder what my d kids will have to deal with.

convinced mom that she needed to go out with dd younger while the cleaning ladies are there.

rant over:
------------------

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:45 pm

(((Blessed & dd))) I am so sorry your dd is having a tough time with your dmom. I know sometimes older people don't realize what they are doing to others -- thinking about my duncle with dementia -- but it sure makes it tough on the people who love them.
I am definitely the wrong person to ask about photos -- it is beyond embarrassing how many photo albums I have, plus photos in boxes & the folders they come in, waiting to be put in albums... it's really ridiculous. But I can't bear to part with them!

Anti-procrastination! I made doctor's appt for next week. It's just a wellness check-up, saves me $50/month on insurance. I will talk to him about the need to change gynecologist also, and maybe get him to refill meds that are out of refills (from the old gynecologist).

It's cool and breezy here, but at least the sun is shining. We've been to church, the post office, city hall to pay gas bill, and I've got a load of clothes waiting to be flipped from washer to dryer and hanging to dry.
Also have to reconcile the bank statement... that came in the mail today.
ALSO need to change sheets and wash a a couple more loads of clothes. Getting back into the Monday = laundry routine is not going really well around here.

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:47 pm

Actually there dresser was made for mil for cmas one year has hand writing by him and the year on the back.
The story is LH said do not tell his sisters we got it! LOL!
So I told dd she could have it if she promised to do the same! :mrgreen:

I did some fun shopping went to the dollar store and spent more than I have ever spent there but have not been there in ages and needed
to restock some stuff, got my art stuff for my Easter basket, silk flowers to fill in my table decor & note books pen loads of em!
Wal - mart did not have the journals I thought they had, but got some other items there as well. Sub way for my meals today.
Now I have to put stuff away it is unbagged.

Got the cleaning stuff I needed as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:42 pm

she has always done this since I was young.

She can be wonderful and funny bc she is so unique and feisty; but when other people might judge her she needs to say bad things about us. I think it's her way to say that she tried with us.(I heard that a lot lol). She has a need to be perfect in front of them.

I have always felt bad for d mom bc she can't seem to stop falling into this.(once I grew up). I am sure that my uncle, aunt and sis in law being there has added to mom's anxiety to have perfection.

Return to “Post When You Can”