Fabulous Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Fabulous Friday PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 pm

Twins … all my certificates are original as they couldn’t be found either on ancestry or family search. I had to contact several departments in NJ and PA and pay for them. Out of the 13 documents that I have only 2 could be found on the net. I don’t have to do any of what you mentioned on the back of copies. Perhaps the gals who work on my application have been doing that but I’m not aware of it. I think the standards for applications much differ from state to state or organization
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm

The meat was breaded pork cutlets. We had broccoli and rice to go with the meat.

I made a carrot cake this afternoon and there is whipped cream cheese icing on my half. We also bought hot cross buns because dh loves them and only gets one package this year.

Sunday will be turkey drumsticks, stuffing, cranberry sauce and (most likely) mashed potatoes. I also forgot to buy turnip this morning, so I think we will just have carrots and asparagus for dh. No company expected. No chocolate purchased for dh. I bought dh a chocolate bunny a few years ago and it's been in the freezer ever since, so if he wants it, he knows where to find it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 pm

hello d twins I can imagine Costco being packed!!!
I, too, have had a taste for fish - sounds good!!!

d harriet - oo la la ,
your hair is divine!

hi d Cathy how lovely to make a carrot cake! sounds wonderful!

d Nancy glad you found another pair of walking shoes

d rose hello too. all that research and paperwork has got to be draining. glad you took a break!
yay on exercise class! sounds like fun!

d lady - everything used to shut down as well. Now everything is open. When we lived in Wisconsin, I loved that everything shut down on Sundays. (not at first but I grew to love the quiet)

hello everyone - that's as far back as I can go.

dh fed the dogs and cat.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 pm

tossed old walking shoes
2 phone conversations done
had lunch.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 pm

Big surprise for us that ds' family is going on a vacation starting tomorrow. :shock: We know they save up for vacations in a separate account (or maybe just an envelope - I don't know) so that they can go when the children get a chance no matter what the other bills or income does. Upkeep on the camper is taken from this account, too. This year they sold their 5th wheel camper and put that money into the account. He says they have been camping for nearly every vacation now for 10 years, and it's time to change.

They will be gone for a week, some of which is a cruise. So, he came over today to mow our grass early. I fussed at him for not letting us know - dgdC's birthday will happen on their trip, they leave in the early morning, and I was empty-handed and my cash low. He laughs. "I am letting you know, Mama - here I am, letting you know!" Sigh. (dd44 told me a month in advance when they went to visit the in-laws! Such different kids of mine.)

HRH ordered pizza for dd44's boys to eat while they watch NCAA basketball this evening and she wanted to pay us. I let her and will take that in an envelope for dgdC to spend her own money in gift shop or in a port shop on the trip. I'm coming in right behind the other grandmother who just got her gift over to dgdC. But I imagine she had at least a day's warning! Talk about cutting it close for a bday gift. Double Sigh!

I curled my hair after colorist and realized that suddenly the "flocking" on my soft heat curlers has started disintegrating. :( I remember this happening to the previous set. So, I'll be in the market for a new set, I guess. Thankfully the large ones were fine, so I curled just with those, and it looks pretty good.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 pm

So much happens. I ended up driving in when the other grandparents were both there, as was the aunt. Nice people, but I was just bringing some spending money for the children on the trip (actually gave each child the same). They had brought very personal presents and cupcakes. Sigh.

Wasn't that
serendipity to have just done my hair, though? Good job on that. And I can be a social butterfly when called upon. It was fine.

Sickness news - just a few hours after dd44's family waved goodbye to the sister in law and children, her husband drove in from the airport after completing his business trip/convention, and he was feeling badly. :? Oh, dear. Sure enough, poor thing has influenza. So dd was able to be there and take the place of the Daddy all during her own family's spring break. But as soon as their Daddy gets home, they need another substitute Daddy! Thankfully, it is now spring break for their oldest child - the only one in school. So at least there is a quiet week for them. Just hope the whole family doesn't come down with it.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:01 am

I don’t know if I would say it’s been a FABULOUS Friday, but it has been okay. My allergies are really bothering me, and I have wanted to sleep all day long.
I called and got a RX renewed for dh, and went to the drugstore to get that. Talked to dmom on the phone. Then I did sleep the afternoon away, until time for Good Friday service at church.
After that, we ate supper with ds and Dgd. Dgs is at other grandparents’ — missed tonight’s ballgame because he is still feeling rough — nauseated and tired, just not himself at all. Can’t help but worry about him.

Dgd is sound asleep— in our bed! She wanted me to dig with her, so I’m just playing on my phone here and watching tv.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”