Fabulous Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Fabulous Friday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 pm

I enjoy hearing about the different locations and cultures in how they do Easter. Closing business is almost unknown here. I find that somewhat sad that our area businesses don't respond to the holiday. It is business as usual.

A couple monthly tasks have been accomplished. We counted cash on hand and got monthly cash out of the bank. Also paid the water bill. It usually comes the first week of the month, but they sent it early.

I made a potato, bacon, cheese casserole to have ready-to-eat side dish. We have 4 different main dishes so I feel like we are well stocked for the next few hours. Teenage boys can make food disappear at an astonishing rate, so it helps to get a head start on them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 pm

waving at d twins, d harriet, d Cathy, d Nancy, d mystery, d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 pm

Afternoon.

Went to my exercise class and really enjoyed it The video was by a former football player named
Curtis. We put paper plates on the floor and used them as slides. His exercises are done while sitting in a chair. We also used weights and a band. I’m very surprised how much he worked our bodies this way and my muscles could really feel it. Plus it was a blast to do. Unlike anything I’ve done before and I am going to look for more of his videos. They’re free and on U tube

Came home cleaned up and went to my coffee gathering. Stayed after and helped put candies in plastic eggs for our community Easter Hunt tomorrow. I need to be there by 7:45 in the morning. So much for sleeping late. Won’t happen Sunday either as I am going to our sunrise service

Came home, watered my sunnies and fertilized them. Now taking a break after folding up more laundry. Need to put it away. Then I have Easter baskets to fix. After that I want to work on my genealogy

A while back my grandmother gave me an old tin type album that had been in the family for years and I made the mistake of not labeling the pictures as she told me who everyone was. I did remember a few but not many. Not sure my son will ever want it so I will have not problem ditching it. I do have several albums of his dad and I before we had my son. We were married 10 years before we had my son and a shoebox or two of my son. He does love them as. It bring back good memories for him.

As for the others I’ve gathered I have no problems ditching them either. I am still whittling through my stuff cause I don’t want to leave it for my son if he doesn’t want it after I’m gone. Already been through 5 parents worth of stuff and I don’t want to burden my son having to do the same

What I’ve learned is what means something to a person seldom if ever has the same attachment to the person left to go through that persons things. Memories are a strong pull on our hearts but seldom has much values to others.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 pm

Once I had breakfast and walked the dog and dcleaning lady was doing her magic, I went out for a pedicure. It's not quite dry enough for socks and my feel are freezing right now!

DH stayed in Nashville last night (he had indicated he probably would) and is back in town sometime this a.m. He's working out at two to make up for missing yesterday a.m.

Not sure about our dinner. I have fish I could thaw and prepare but my stores of veggies are low, understandably.

Dh came through, and is on the way to his workout now. I said I would probably go to Costco with him later. I'm not sure that's a good idea, I think it will be very busy today!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 pm

I have worked on my genealogy for most of the afternoon and I am mentally done. Spent alot of time putting real birth, death and marriage certificate...some marriage ones are the real deal and the oldest one is dated 1812, into plastic sleeves and then organizing them in a three ring notebook. I don't know about you Twins, but my DAR won't take copies of anything and only want original copies of certificates. Plus if any of the certificates have holes from a three notebook, they are considered invalid.

Anyway my mind if fried at this point. I had my office all straightened up and now its scattered again. I brought in my card table so I would have more working space, which was great, but now I have several piles of information that need folders. And I need to file information and I hate doing that. On the other hand the files I set up the other day have worked out great and I am so glad I did that.

Unlike you Twins...most of my information in my notebooks are about my families. I have done some trees for my friends, but once I'm done with it, I don't hang on to it.

Gonna go take a minute to breath and sit out in the sun. Then I need to make dinner. I'm trying to make it earlier so that I have time to walk afterwards. So far, so good :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 pm

I have been on my feet all day sorting, talking to neighbors, bringing boxes downstairs, tossed a huge bag of photos. I was surprised by the junk I kept.
I still have triplets of pictures but I need to go through them with dd's.

dd younger is getting a small cake for sis in law for Sunday. I am glad she thought about it.

waving to all of you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 pm

Found another pr. of walking shoes from last year and the tread is all walked off so I took
out the laces and will toss the shoes next time I got outside that door. X
The others are okay but I can tell they had been in the garden.
Peeled the eggs so they are ready to devil now. Done with that last step.
Walked doggo.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 pm

this was meant to post hours ago -

Mystery, maybe you are right. It was only on the market a short time (small places here are flying), so I didn't see how it could have gotten very far from the cleaning that I assumed was necessary to start showing. It had been fully repainted with new flooring. But it's possible the couple just don't think it looks ready for move-in in general. Also, there was a problem with the folding ladder into the attic, written into the sale that the seller was contracting that to be redone - It just got finished and could have spread sawdust or gypsum everywhere for all I know. We experienced that twice with our move here - once with the floor refinishing before move-in and once with some HVAC work that we weren't told would be so messy.

I have visited my colorist and the rubber in-tub bathmat is in the washer ready to be my "up next". I always put that into the washer before doing my hair and it makes for a good regular routine that keeps things nice. I think I've mentioned here before that the "gorilla" brand mat dd44 insists we (and everyone else she knows) use goes through the wash and comes out as if just out of the package. Also, a super safe surface.

I need a healthy late lunch. My brunch with HRH was all his idea and not exactly the healthiest, lol. Well, he did have bell peppers in it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 pm

another bag of old photos, papers etc. gone.

hello d harriet and d mystery d rose, d Nancy, d twins, d cathy, d lady and all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 pm

RR, I'm not sure what you mean by "original copies of certificates." An index shouldn't be used. A copy of the downloaded certificate or proof of a marriage from FamilySearch or Ancestry or from the county are allowed, of course. To the face of that I paste the conventional citation - as a CG I'm bound by genealogy standards that a record should include, on its face, the citation, so it can't be separated. I organize the pdfs digitally in folders for each generation and the registrar can review without having the documents in hand. I print the documents with the citation and separate by generations with a tab. Are you completing the "references" page? That's what throws me, it's like shorthand and it all runs together. My registrar suggests also printing on the reverse of each page "your name," next line is chapter name, next line is ancestor and no, then "Gen ___" to fill in what generation, and last line date submitted. I hear that there is variance within the DAR guidelines and a lot depends on which "genie" i.e. DAR staffer, reviews the application, too. Will be awhile before my supplemental app comes up for review - they are currently reviewing supplementals submitted in May 2022.

BTW, all my info is digital, except for the pre-digital papers that I need to look through and purge. IKWYM about the paper mess, however.

Dh and I went to Costco - what a zoo this afternoon. We're having fish and a Costco salad for our supper.

waving back at bw2!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”