Fabulous Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fabulous Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

Make the day fabulous! Take time to enjoy spring and the beauty of the day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Fabulous Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 am

The weather here is absolutely fabulous. Warm, but not too warm, sunny, just perfect!

Dcleaning lady comes this a.m. - I need to get started here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:59 am

Good morning

Twins - Thank you for the start today.

After a couple of low energy days where I had to push myself to get through, I woke up feeling better. I hope feeling good will last the entire day.

DD47 didn't paint yesterday. She did come in the late afternoon to look at the supplies and cellar. She decided she would paint on Saturday. I learned through hard experience that it might happen, or it might not. Either way will be fine. The cellar has never been painted so it is not a big deal if it remains that way.

Today DH will be spending 5 hours doing prayer walk tours at church. This will be followed by Good Friday service and sharing desserts.

My project of the day is tax prep. Hopefully by the end of the day I will have papers and numbers in the hands of CPA.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

My Fabulous Freeday Friday

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 am

I am in a good place today emotionally.
Happy with my week. Glad I finished reading a book and read a section of my new one yesterday.
Did my QT stuff.
The sun is up we had rain over nite.

OMM /
sheets to launder / maybe later
bread dough to mix up later Sat.
Eggs to boil x

38* / 56* F. temps. today.
Sipping from my new coffee cup that says
"THIS IS MY HAPPY PLACE"
on it!

Two days to decide what I'll use for my next bujo.
One more book this one used coming today.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:12 am

hello d twins-thank you for starting us!
wooo enjoy that lovely weather!

good morning to you too d lady glad you woke up feeling better!

How wonderful that you are in a good place today!!!
love your cup too d Nancy!

good morning everyone! Have a great day!

It's Good Friday and a day of contemplation for us.

I am working towards my usual routine again.
dh is disappointed that I am not going on the errand until Monday bc I agreed with him that today, the stores, will be super crowded bc of easter.

I have to plan on getting him out of the house more often in the week.

d mom was, cheerful bc dd younger made and surprised d mom with an easter basket and got her tulips.
she also got sis in law a bday card as it is on easter.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

A faaaabulous good morning to everyone.

LadyM, so glad you are feeling some improvement.

Had an interrupted sleep last night, and eventually just got back up and did some things around the house. That's very unusual for me.

Dd44's family got home safely, and she's already texted us that she got some of our mail while she was away. I'm sure they are happy to be back with dog and house and no need for long drives, lol.

I have not checked on our laundry twins today. Need to make sure they are free, and not encumbered by a load of dd25's things.

I am sort of invited (need to make sure I feel invited) to visit the newlywed cottage tomorrow. They will be doing a thorough clean... .. hmmm... which disappoints me. I would have thought there would have been a deep clean in prep for the sale. I know there was partial renovation. Maybe they have to clean up from that. At first, I wasn't going to go because I assumed mother-of-the-groom was going, but sadly she is still sick and in pain after her recent ER trip.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50 am

welcome home to your dd 44, d harriet!
hope you get a better nights sleep tonight
praying for your dd's future mom in law!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 am

Two more plants into the raised bed. I am doing them in small increments for a couple of reasons. The first reason is because I enjoy the process of putting plants into the ground and I want to take my time and not hurry through it. The second reason is I am planting 2 weeks before our typical last freeze, so I am going slow as I keep an eye on the next 10 day weather forecast. That gives the plants in the ground a head start but it also doesn't commit all my plants to a possible freeze. April 10th is the typical last freeze date here and I expect to be finished with most of the planting by then. Planting early is a small gamble, but I can always cover the plants if it does freeze.

Sweet potato, onion and peppers was my food choice for breakfast. I have a couple small steaks out of the freezer to cook later today. I also pulled out a large spiral ham to defrost and cook for the Easter meal. I have an Easter menu plan in my head and added a few things to the shopping list.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

Good morning!

We are observing Good Friday here today, so I am “fasting,” which really means eating little enough that I am stupid. And I have lots of pages to do a final proofread on. I hope I am not so stupid that I miss things. On fast days, I always think of the poor children who don’t get enough to eat and struggle in school.

We are running the livestream for tonight’s service. I really prefer an afternoon service for Good Friday, but our priest does not. I suppose there are fewer places that give employees part or all of the day off for Good Friday as when I was young. And I shouldn’t complain — this is actually working out for me today. I was able to get a grocery order in to be picked up this afternoon.

Yesterday was a late evening. We had to run the livestream for yesterday’s service as well, so we didn’t have dinner till we were back home. And our ball team kicked off the season on the West Coast, so the game didn’t start until 10. We had our traditional ice cream for opening day.

Thinking of Elizabeth on the West Coast and hoping she is doing well.

Harriet, even if the house was clean, they may want to do their own cleaning to make it their own.

I really need to get to work; those pages won’t read themselves!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:28 am

Supper tonight will be bread pork whatever they are. We were able to get some groceries this morning. Our favourite place is open today because it's in Niagara Falls. We also went to the bakery. Both places were crazy busy because almost everywhere else is closed. Lots of traffic on the highways this morning heading for the border crossings I think.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”