Swish and swipe, pick it up and put it away Saturday March30, PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Swish and swipe, pick it up and put it away Saturday March30, PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:37 am

March 30, 2024 Saturday

I think it a perfect day to use d Harriet's Swish and Swipe and d Pam and Peggy's Pupa: Pick it up and Put it away.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have the house ready for Sunday; to be able to wake up in the morning and feel the joy of Sunday morning!

Tell us about your day and how can we all support you! Cheering you on!!! You have got this!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Re: Swish and swipe, pick it up and put it away Saturday March30, PWYC

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:30 am

I've been vacuuming while all 3 cats were outside. Most of the kitchen is done, the hallway got done and I even moved the 9 drawer dresser in the bedroom to get at some elderly dust bunnies that were extremely plump because they were living the good life for numerous years. Dh thinks they were 8 years old, I know they weren't that old. :shock:

No idea what is for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:57 am

dust bunnies, as in all bunnies, have babies right away and don't hide - not 8 years like your dh said :D ! So happy you were able to move the dresser d cathy

have a great day d cathy.

yesterday we had our lawn aerated however the man cut all of our electric dog fence! he went past the line and I never noticed that he did that.
I will walk the line and see where the breaks are. i will write the fence company - it will be expensive bc it is a lot of line. (my brother has 15 acres for his dogs) - he put that in himself.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:16 am

Good morning

~~~~waving Good Bye to the Dust Bunnies~~~~ I need to evict several from my home.

However, instead of staying home I am going to help DGS27 move from apartment to his new-to-him rental home. DGS27 has been out of his own for 10 years (wow! time passes) and has spent most of the 10 years living in several different apartment complexes in the shady part of the city. He has stumbled into a deal to move to a small home in a nice neighborhood that rents for $550 a month. Unbelieveable in this day and age. It comes with a fenced yard for his dog and plenty of room to have a garden. ANYway, today is moving day. We are gathering at DGS27 apartment to load up his possessions into multiple vehicles and move them a few miles away.

Let the good times roll..................
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Swipe it away PUPA 3-39

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:29 am

I cleaned the sink when I cleaned my paint brush last nite put the base coat on some rocks.
I will paint em today some will get a cross.
I am setting up my bujo for then coming days to begin Mon.
it's a grid.
Some thing new I usually do not prefer it but expanding my horizons!
Up at six ish too see the last of the sun rise.

36* & frosty out here / 58* F. Sunny & nice out,
Rosemary plant is growing.

I put 3 ceramic frogs on the deck they are a reminder to do the worst things first.
For me today that is to strip the sheets off the bed and get em in the washer.
Then mix up dough for pizza to make up ahead. Small ones.
Maybe rolls too.,, time will tell.

On my mind pouch with zipper to seam up now that I have the sewing zone spring clean.
Butterfly room really could use some of that too! LOL!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:29 am

I was swishing and swiping getting the tub nice and clean AND, as I was sitting on the edge of the tub at a different angle to the room, I noticed that the toilet bowl :? could use some attention under that rim. :shock: As George Takai would say, "Oh, myyyy." (See, I tell ya'll everything.)

Totally unrelated - Smiling to remember Dora the Explorer and her arch-nemesis, Swiper. Remember that? "Swiper! No swiping!" Children love that familiar repetition. It originally aired when dd was a toddler.

I am disinvited from the newlywed house, which sort of doesn't surprise me. The young man is very determined that they want to get it clean and neat by themselves and later invite family over more formally. I can see that. He doesn't want his family second-guessing him and right now with his mother staying close to her bed, poor thing, he's got a chance to really spring it on folks. I'm down with that.

"Got to have some bragging" dept (SORRY - I can't help it, it must be done.) DangerBoy has been offered Honors Admission to our most prestigious state university, should he choose to go there. Dstepson predicts that, in his opinion, this will seal the decision for that school, even though it is at a distance. I'm happy for him but wish he could stay close. The other choice would be his dmother's and Aunt dd25's alma mater, a closer and much prettier, walkable campus. Both have great colleges of engineering, which is the plan. We'll see.

More GTHSBragging dept - dgdC is now better than her brother was at this age (8, almost 9) at baseball/softball. She may be the best player in her "league", coaches are telling ds and ddil. Her big brother is the best catcher in his league, and able to catch for a full game, which is a level of fitness I don't even want to think about - oh, makes my thighs hurt when they explain it. His coach estimates that this will be the season he hits his first over-the-fence homer. He's almost there.

Oh, wait- I'm re-invited. I will be cleaning toilets. How close I feel to my family right now. :| We will be carrying the ONLY chair in the back of her car as we go, for somewhere to sit down.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:43 am

Hello bw2, what a cheerful opening! Dcleaning lady was here yesterday so not much to do today, although some PUPA might be in order later. We're going out to dinner at a Korean steakhouse this evening. I might have a meeting with HOA board at four, four of us have responded to emails but this is a holiday weekend. I think dh only has Torah study today.

I've started the dishwasher - we forgot last night when dd called me during supper clean up. She's agonizing over jobs. Has an offer for one but not making what she needs, and she is overqualified. The other - no offer yet - but coming she believes, pays well. I love her but I'm worn out with talking to her right now.

I did not stay up last night for the TN basketball game but I see that there is another game tomorrow at 2:30 for the Final Four.

I'm going to go ahead and walk the impatient dog. I have 58K steps for the week so I'll make 60K today.

--------
Walk took me over 60K.

Cathy, call them "archival" dust bunnies. :lol: Let's just say there were a lot of those under my bed when the roomba started in and I could plainly hear it coughing under there.

Harriet, I had to look up Dora and Swiper. The series began in 2000 so my kids missed it.
Common rituals may involve Dora's encounters with Swiper, a bipedal, anthropomorphic masked thieving fox whose theft of the possessions of others must be prevented through fourth-wall–breaking interaction with the viewer. To stop Swiper, Dora must say "Swiper no swiping" three times. However, on occasions where Swiper steals the belongings of other people, the viewer is presented with the challenge of helping Boots and Dora locate the stolen items.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:03 am

more:

Harriet, how is it possible that Danger Boy is ready for college?

LOL, Nancy on the frogs! I planted my rosemary last spring after the 2022 winter freeze and it's doing so well. Blooming too. I had to put something in that pot to keep the ddog from nesting in it, and that's no necessary anymore because it's grown so much.

LadyM, how wonderful for dgs27. He has been mentored well and it's nice to see good things for him!
O
I have a sense of impermanence right now. Today, plus three more days, and we're on our way.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:57 am

Our problem is not the dust bunnies but the extra dogs we could make out of the dog hair we find in the most unusual spots. :lol: oh and pine needles; we are always finding pine needles through out the year.

good morning and afternoon!!!

did I hear college and Danger boy in the same sentence! I am absolutely gobsmacked!

d twins I find it amazing when I hear that people can grow rosemary outdoors and that it flowers!
I am sure your future travel plans add to the feeling of impermanence for now!
I can't wait to hear about your trip!
yay on your steps!!!
lol on the coughing Roomba!!!

oh my gosh - I remember the "swiper, no swiping"! I have to admit I would never know where the map would be (dora always had hers in her back pack); mine would be lost between books, somewhere in back of a drawer or accidentally tossed. I would never find myself unless it was YEARS later and I accidentally find it,

d harriet - oh My!!! I have always loved that!
sweet d mom of young man - praying for her!!! I am sure he wouldn't mind you going but wants to have you and his parents at the same time.
You are so understanding - it is a true blessing for your dd's young man!
it's not bragging - it's wonderful!!!! Hard to believe Danger boy is going to college soon! good for him!!! So happy for him!!!

hi d Nancy - yay on cleaning of the sink
I have been waiting for your weather to get warmer - it means we will get that in the next week. I will talk to your weather man so that we, in the Midwest, benefit in warmer days after you get your warmer days!
I think doing the worst thing first does wonders for the home and attitude. (that and antiprocrastination day)

hello d lady! I am so excited for your dgs27 good for him. What a great great price anywhere! Let the good times roll - laissez le bon temps rouler!

hello d cathy - yay on kitchen, hallway, drawers moved, dust bunnies evicted and vacuuming done!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:07 pm

dd older's brain works so differently than my or dd Youngers brain does. Thank goodness!
I had worked on the hallway closet with her help and it is now easy to walk into; but now I have remnants in dd Youngers room that need work.
Dd older helped me focus and I am grateful bc right now the stuff that's left is hard for me to get past - it congests my brain.
We went through the four areas that needed addressing

her suggestions

dd Youngers room
trash in all areas
put away
buy more of the thin boxes for the remainder of the photo albums
don't give away - toss unless I donate it all at once.
no longer work on getting photos/family history to other people bc it's too much thinking at this point. no perfection.
as dd's closet has a lot of empty spots - put dd Youngers decorating stuff on dd's top shelf (empty) so it is out of the linen closet
continue the scanning process

linen closet can only have: sheets/blankets/pillows that are current and easy to grab.
everything else that I just toss in there needs to go to where it actually belongs

hall remove and put away as that is what is temporarily in there.

garage - sweep out
order new out door folding chairs as ours are ripped etc.

wash the walls in closet later.

eventually get dh shelves for his closet bc it's building in there and it is better that he has places for things instead of it falling.

Return to “Post When You Can”