Happy Easter PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Happy Easter PWYC

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:23 pm

And so, finally, Happy Easter! I get to say.

Company came in with food and so yet another day in which I have not eaten according to my plan, but others'.

I really need to remedy that and eat only what I intend for the rest of the day.

Yesterday we hadn't even left for cleaning when we got a phone call and dstepson was stranded with truck trouble while pulling a trailer. So I drove our truck (he needed a vehicle with a ball hitch) and dd drove her car. A friend of his was on the way to be more help, so we were able to leave him and I hopped in her car to travel on to our workday, actually even more of a distance.

So, like LadyM, I got to see a new place and feel pretty good about it.

I got a tour of her new/future neighborhood and the park a few minutes away. It's a lovely rolling area with vistas, although their little house is on a street of tight lots. Not too bad, and theirs is sort of at a high place of the landscape, so maybe there's a bit more privacy, not sure. The house is very neat, but indoors it was just covered, as I feared, with the dust of remodeling. I would say we did the first cleaning and another one exactly the same would simply pick up more and more of the white dust. The toilets did need my help, but they are quite new and sparkling once you dust them. :roll: She mopped and mopped and mopped. And then we realized we hadn't done the ceiling fan first, lol! Rookie mistake. The house does have two baths, although I think technically a bath and three-quarters. We were grateful for the AC having been redone and working well.

A friend of the young man's will sell them a washer and dryer that are just 3 years old, very good condition, for just $300. That was a wonderful surprise for them yesterday. They will do that moving next weekend.

I napped after a long Saturday workday plus walk at the park's nearest walking trail. Afterward, I did sew some, getting one large unit done. I really haven't missed a day of sewing in a while.

Checked that out - I've sewn some for 28 days of 31 in March, and some of those sewing days I dedicated a lot of the day, not just a few hours. Healthy habit :D :idea:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:44 pm

Inspired by Nancy, I held a Monthly Planning Party. Attending this party was me, myself, and I. We had a successful time working on the calendar for April. I have selected a different monthly goal than I planned but that is what happens when there is no one to issue a veto vote.

I pushed the mower to finish getting the steps I needed today.

I have been off my hourly challenges because of being so busy doing other things. I am missing the rewards, so I am eager to start the challenges again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:46 pm

I took Sweetie to the public country club for an excellent dinner. My dil waited till the last minute to invite us for dinner which I fears she would do. Which is why I made our reservations in the first place. Last year Sweetie and I were left high and dry waiting for a family invite for T-day which never came and I vowed that would never happen again

We toasted and dedicated out dinner to Norma as well as Mr Guy since we’ve spent many Easters with them in the past.

Stopped by my sons house to deliver the grands Easter Basket and the visit turned into a colossal zoo. My gd is extremely spoiled and a brat. Plain and simple. She threw several hissy fits with no consequences for her behavior.mane is also a bully. Her mother believes in “gentle parenting” which means all she does is talk to my gf when she misbehaves. My son was mortified and everything escalated to the point he asked us to leave which we gladly did.

My son is just as much as fault as his wife. He and I have talked about solutions and how he needs to stand up to the bedlam that is constant in his home. Remember I have 25 years experience with kids with behavior issues and I can tell you as I have told him when he asked my advice that the worst is yet to come unless they get a handle on this.

Is you have ever seen the movie The Miracle Worker my grand daughter acts the same way. It’s to the point that I don’t want to go over there anymore and neither does Sweetie. The house is a total
Disaster …sons familiar Lucylee and I can see how miserable my son is over the situation.

Nothing I can do but keep my mouth shut and pray for them all.

Oh btw did I mention my gd is having a birthday party with friends tomorrow at a park and we’re invited. Then she will have a family birthday this weekend. Unfortunately I am not looking forwards to any of it
With the except of spending time with my gs.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:11 pm

I weeded a few areas mostly pulling to tall grass to expose rocks so I do not hit the rock border edging.
By steps at the planting shed in back and picked up the grass I pulled out yesterday.
and more out front of the shed.

Declutter items are out on the give away station.
I may need to go mow in front of walk to both corners again. Did most of that got my steps in yea!
Neighbors are hiding and hunting eggs plastic ones.

Got roll dough mixed up & in the fridge for later.
Glad for the activity and purged papers out of a writing planner and added unused ones in their place.

Items to declutter have left the property yea!

Neighbors roses got froze back to 2"3" above the ground I have not seen that since she put them in 15 -20 yrs. ago, they got hit hard this yr.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 pm

My goodness. :|
I'd better stop mentioning teams here.
My dear late sonil would be having a happy dance over b-ball.
Both the men and the women
(yyyyyyeeeesssss) from his alma mater and potentially DangerBoy's have advanced.
Better call dd44 to show interest - I'm sure they had noses against the tv screen.

Oh, yes, she is on the phone - "This is historic!" (smile)
I think lucylee's neck of the woods will be pretty happy, too.

Ramblin', thanks for letting us hear about your meal and toasts.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:53 am

Checking in-- happy Easter (albeit a very late greeting!)
So -- State is the favored school for you all, Harriet? I can never keep this straight. I don't know why I have such a mental block here. I had forgotten about Duke being private -- like Vanderbilt in the SEC. They play against all the SEC schools, but their admission standards are through the roof, and their cost, likewise.
Anyway, you can be sure we will be cheering for your state in the final four -- along with U-Conn. Boy... yes, SOME people in our neck of the woods are happy -- those people came in church today asking dh and one of the other ushers if they saw that game... what a game... yada yada... They couldn't get dh and his friend, also an Auburn grad, to admit they even watched the game. "Hmmm... did they play last night? No, we didn't see that..." :lol: Here at our house, we haven't been happy since we lost early on. Sigh.
And the baseball and softball teams aren't tearing it up either. Maybe things will improve in the fall.

So -- dmom came to our church today, which always makes me really nervous, parking lot and all... and later this afternoon, dgrands and I went out to see dmom's Easter tree. She has her Christmas tree still up, decorated with beautiful silk flowers in all sorts of Easter pastels, bunny rabbits, Easter eggs, all kinds of cute things. Dgrands were properly impressed.
(We did not eat with dmom -- we came on home and had our usual soup and pizza for dgd, turkey-cheese-crackers for me. I don't know what ds ate -- he went home; ddil was sleeping after working her third night of her five night shift. Dmom said she had spaghetti at home that she would eat, when I offered her soup at our house.)
Also had to go to Wmart after all the Easter festivities.

Later, I went in to see dgd's recently cleaned room -- at her request, and ds's admonishment not to fuss about the rest of the house. (((ROSE))) My goodness... are you saying the appearance of the house is chaotic as well as the dgd's behavior? You definitely have my sympathy and understanding. DGD's was really nothing to write home about, but the floor was visible... as was dgs' room... and I have to admit, their rooms are the best part of the house. You literally could not put your foot in the guest room or the "play room," which used to be the dining room... and likely the same situation in the front of the living room. DS did not turn on the lights in there. How do people live with stuff all over the floor everywhere??? I would go insane.
The problem with ds/ddil is that I don't think it really bothers either one of them. Which I guess is better than knowing ds was bothered by it, as you are having to deal with. (((BIG HUGS))) It's just hard to deal with grown children.

Right now I'm just thankful they appear to be happy. I have a cousin who is about to be beginning the process of what I am afraid will be a messy divorce. I may tell y'all more about this in MO. It's really an unbelievable situation for all the rest of us.

LadyM -- I was at the Planning Party, too!!! I filled out all my calendars -- I only keep THREE, LOL. I got them all up-to-date and did my planner for the week ahead.

Waving to ALL. Hope y'all have a great day tomorrow, no bad April Fool jokes. DGS loves to prank dh, but he's not mean about it. Our spring break starts tomorrow, and I bet the middle school teachers are glad. DGS is spending the night with us and we're about to watch You Bet Your Life -- Groucho Marx. DGS loves it.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”