Happy Easter PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Happy Easter PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:18 am

Wishing a very very happy Easter to all who celebrate!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Happy Easter PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:37 am

Happy Easter!!!! Happy Sunday!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:04 am

Happy Easter!

I am home with my feet up for a much-needed break. I got up at 6am and started cooking. It has been non-stop busy for the past 4 hours.

We had sunrise service at church followed by potluck breakfast. It was well attended. After helping clean up from the meal, I decided to come home. We no longer have little ones hunting easter eggs so didn't stay for that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:13 am

glad you are taking a much needed break d lady!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:22 am

I made 5 lbs of bacon,
cooking sausages in the oven
and next will be the veggie sausage.

dd's dog scared sis in law - she walked in mom's room while dd was helping mom get cloths together - dd had her dog on a leash- and the dog barked and sis in law screamed. Not good!!! I don't know why but dd's dog has never liked sis in law - that and my one uncle who tries to bully him into his will. Every time he sees sis in law or uncle he growls . Not good at all! dd was not happy!!! poor sis in law is not happy and afraid.

dd called uncle to find out the time for the gathering as they decided to do it at their club. Normally he only invites mom but with sis in law in then he had to invite dd. He would call back sis in law with the info but not dd - geesh and dd is the one that gets mom ready - she didn't know. what time the gathering is. they are what they are. This is the same uncle that screamed at me and lost it. I saw him then not as a threat anymore but his arrogance and judgement sometimes bothers me. He is a human being.

I gave dd credit for saying that she was going to be so kind and go above any nonsense no matter what they say.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:39 pm

blessed, HRH would say there has been some interaction with the dog you and dd don't know about but the dog remembers. Who knows, though. There is probably such a thing as a regular old personality conflict with pets, too.

Duke is not a state university, lucylee, but a very expensive private one, as is Davidson, which is more of a small prestigious liberal arts college but with a real power of a basketball program, too. Many people think Duke is public until they see the price tag, because it competes with Ivy League but also is a basketball power, competing with State (the Univ that offered the honors admission) and Chapel Hill, and other state univ, etc. We seem to take our basketball seriously here. I don't, but my mother was a gigantic fan and had a cousin who wrote books and articles on it. Duke is called "The Ivy League of the South", although I believe I've seen that nickname given to others elsewhere, too.

Sigh. I really want to chat but yet more family in the driveway. HRH is hollering, "you got company"

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:53 pm

Bw2 I would say that the dog can sense things & that the dog is protecting her people and territory.

I do not have the brunch thing dson s/o is I'll.
No worries I am playing with my pens. :mrgreen:
Had a tummy issue my self thinking it might be the non - dairy creamer.
Had a dev. egg for my bfast.

Was awake in the night s2s happened then I went back to sleep.

Worked on planner reset for the new month and quarter so feeling productive.
I have walked the ddoggo.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:14 pm

I am feeling refreshed after taking a break with my feet up.

TADA -
** prepared week of Micro food and supplement jars
** planted 2 tomato and 3 pepper plants.
** Created a different way of securing wire cages. I absolutely love the 6' tall 3' diameter cages that I use around the plants but I haven't been able to find the perfect way to keep them stable. Once the tomato plants are over 5' tall then they get top heavy. ANYway, I think I have the solution but will need to go through a season using it to make sure.

Grasshoppers. Really! Already? Ugh.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:15 pm

Watched curling. Canada won over Scotland. Yay!

Emptied the vacuum and cut all the hair off of the beater brush part. Cleaned both kitty litter boxes. Made the cranberry sauce. Did most of the dishes. The dishwasher is currently doing it's thing. Did a lot of laundry yesterday, including all bedding and most of the blankets.

Mopped floors this morning as well.

Just the 2 of us here for supper tonight. We will be having turkey drumsticks, cranberry sauce, stuffing, asparagus and mashed potatoes from a box. We had Chinese food last night after I got home from knitting. Dh watched The Ten Commandments "for the 60th time", as he says...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:58 pm

Ds came through and did his tax return and e-filed it. I've tweaked ours and dh is going to the office for the last bit of tax info. It's a quiet day here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”