April Fool! Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: April Fool! Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:59 pm

I ran another errand after the body work and I'm having my lunch now. Also just looked at weather forecast for all the places we'll be. Range looks like high
of 77, otherwise highs mostly in 60s and 3 days predicted in high fifties. Didn't look as closely at lows but we'll see mid to high forties some over nights. That simplifies packing a bit, I'll have some layers ready.

Dd texted that she had a verbal job offer - a job she wants, and she is excited. She will call me later.

I really hate to start pulling out clothes etc. to pack. Part of it is that ddog sees it, and I'm (in my mind) sure that she knows why I'm packing. Part of the lack of desire right now is just the mess.

I never finished kitchen entirely this a.m. I think I'll do that first.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:25 pm

Not surprisingly, I'm having trouble focusing. Setting alarm for work beginning at BOTH to work for 45 min.

Dh and I agreed to go out to eat later. He'll need to do most his packing tonight since he bowls tomorrow night.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:38 pm

It appears we are going to be out of the main path of the storm. Prepared for nothing. It is hard to know whether to believe their predictions or not. The first storm of the spring season got my attention. I will be less likely to believe next time they do drama about weather predictions from the guys with meteorologist PHD's. I am going to listen to the pizza guy that enjoys being a self-trained and incredibly accurate storm chaser & weather predictor. He almost always gets it right.

Twins - I am excited for your upcoming trip. Congrats to your DD on her job offer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:09 pm

We had LOTS of leftovers from the past two nights, so that is what we had for supper. Dh had the Chinese food and I had a turkey sandwich with stuffing and a bit of cranberry sauce.

I had 2 naps today. Now dh is stretched out on the bed with his eyes closed. He claims he doesn't snore, so I always tell him that there was noise coming out of his face.

We had the first visit of the pest control company for this year. Today they put down ant traps inside and I signed this year's contract.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:10 pm

CI I did rake leaves away from some plants to the yard guy next door does not do any more damage.
Watered in front and side yards. Realized I got distracted and did not finish mowing on the side yard,
or was I thinking of letting it go to seed like the patch I left in the front. That's my story and I"m sticking with it!

Did some writing this afternoon.

Not a lot else got done oh well. I did a lot yesterday,
I did mop the bathroom after my shower water was already on the floor and the mop was right there handy!

Dumped the trash.
Did the dishes.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:00 am

I am offering belated WTGs and POTBs to Harriet’s dgs on the Honors Program offer, and to Dgd with softball accomplishments! Those are definitely worth a brag, Harriet!
Also congrats to Twins’ dd on the new job offer!

I know there are MANY other praiseworthy happenings all through the village, but I’m on my phone AND I am doing my indoor walking at the same time.
No other praiseworthy happenings here, except I have done laundry and cared for a grandchild all day.
Dgs required very little. I refused his request to play ball — grass is too high and (TMI?) I have had a pain in a very sensitive area… probably the result of a few pounds weight gain making pants too short in the stride… so, an embarrassing sort of ailment that I did NOT try to explain to dgs.
I took him for lunch and then swapped him for Dgd.
She required a lot. We played Clue (2 versions) and we had a talent show and we played Bingo and some other little games from ds’ childhood. Whew. She did let me take a short nap.
She’s spending tonight (so dgs doesn’t get ahead of her.) ;)

Doctor’s appointment tomorrow “wellness checkup.”
Then we’ll be watching for the arrival of predicted storms from your direction, LadyM.
Ironic timing, in a way. Some of the worst storms our area ever experienced was April 3, 1974. Were any of you affected by that outbreak?
We were not, directly, but my dad had a first cousin who was killed. One of my classmates was killed, along with all six members of his family. I was in 7th grade. My homeroom teacher’s house was blown away. We spent the night in a friend’s basement, which was full of other friends and neighbors.
The next week, my brick mason gf started a VERY busy period of building storm houses all over the county.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”