April Fool! Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

April Fool! Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:00 am

Don't let April Fools jokes be sprung on you today, lol! Here's to an orderly yet perhaps whimsical start to the new month!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: April Fool! Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 am

Good morning!

It feels good to feel good. I woke up ready to get started on the day. #Thankful #Grateful

1st hourly challenge has been accomplished and I'm enjoying my reward. I walked in the garden to get my steps in. Coffee is making. I'm off to fill my cup and make the daily tea jars.

Editing hours later....
2nd and 3rd hourly challenges are accomplished. I do love the happy feeling it gives me. I miss it when I quit doing them.

Busy day with family.
** DD47 is painting cellar 3rd time saying she wil show ....
** DGS27 here to get his car tag
** DD12 to her counselor appt in city
** DS15 is working full day since there is no school today.

Cooking plan for today -
** couple small steaks
** lil potatoes roasted with mayo/siracha sauce
** Kale salad (bag mix)
** pot of my favorite soup. My body has missed not having it available and ready to eat.
Supper will be Subway. That is DD12 current favorite place to eat after her counselor appt. We will bring home food to the guys.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:50 am

I was up by five today did my a.m. stuff.
Plus while I listened to my morning qt program I did some rows
on current crochet project hot pad working on a new set of these now.
Teal and beige to use up the last in some stripes.
To go with solid teal dish cloths.
Two of each.
Might have to push sewing back till I get these done this this mo.
Tummy is better today. Yea!

Have sun here today F. 38* 66*
Sipping my cranberry juice in a goblet just for fun.

I have food in the freezer for today.
Did get my new bujo going. First of my top three.
Next is dump trash.
#3 TBA / rolls to do up from the dough I did yesterday.
I have a plan yea!

Waving to all luv the happiness vibe here today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:24 am

Glad you're feeling well, LadyM!

I'm coming back through after my haircut and a stop at the drugstore. I've knocked a couple of things off the list but they keep multiplying too.

Up so early, Nancy! I sure wish that were my habit but I'd be going to bed really early I'm afraid. I'm worried about adapting to the time change on this trip, since I'll be getting up earlier and that's hard for me. I have read that going west is easier - getting used to a later bedtime vs waking up earlier.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:06 pm

5 challenges accomplished and rewards enjoyed.

DGS27 came and visited before going with DH to accomplish that errand. DGS27 and DH don't spend much time together one-on-one so this was an opportunity to team them up. DGS27 thanked me afterwards.

DD47 is in the cellar painting.

DD12 is cleaning her bedroom. DD12 wants to keep every paper and item which turns her bedroom into creative stacking around the edges. She struggles to let things go but is getting better at it. A 50-gallon trash bag is being filled.

I made a pot of my favorite soup. It is a nutritional achievement but oh so spicy. I went a little heavy handed on the curry and turmeric spices.

I have my food items entered in cronometer for the day and hit all the micronutrients, vitamins, and minerals requirements with 2 exceptions. I only have 77% of Vit K and 94% of potassium requirements met. It feels like a game to see how close I can get.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:35 pm

hello dear all!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:32 pm

The first coat of paint is on the cellar walls. I am calling it paint but it is a water proof sealer made for cellar walls. ANYway, that project is underway and DD47 has stopped to let the first coat dry.

DD12 has finished decluttering and cleaning her bedroom and made an amazing difference.

I have finished cooking everything for today and have those dishes in ready-to-eat status.

I have not stayed up with updating my SHE cards the last couple of days. I need to do that next.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:18 pm

We have got a tree co. felling a tree or two up the street got an action show!
Rolls & mini bread loaf are done.
We walked.
Got the mail and another book has arrive so I'll be browsing through it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:45 pm

Hello to all!

lucylee
, I was thinking that it would be others in your community who would be happiest. Smiling to think of your dh's surprise to hear that those other folks had seen a bball game, lol. "What game?" lol

So much is getting done in the village! And yes, like Nancy said, an upbeat vibe today.

LadyM made a "Nutritional Achievement". Yay for variety. Gotta love soup and other meals that can have a lot of ingredients.

Last evening I finished a big push on getting one part of patchwork done and reached a milestone in making the quilt top. So nice to get that done before April started.

Now, a length of fabric (which I measured about 10 times before cutting off a longer length) is going through the laundry twins and then I'll press that for more cutting.

Dd's shoulder lace "cape" arrived for the wedding. I know she'll be pleased and just hope it is sized correctly.

Recyclables and trash will be up next.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:53 pm

The weather models have changed over the past hour and our area has the center of the target zone on us. Our weather person just posted this...
Today April 1, 2024 many areas of our State have the highest threat of damaging tornadoes since May 2013. I do not post this lightly. *Pay Attention* Know. Your. Plan

I just called to reschedule DD12 appt with counselor. I will probably have to pay for the appt since I'm calling two hours before the appt. Ohs well. With the elevated risk up to highest level I did not want to be caught in the city or traveling the interstate with no place to take cover. Potential tornadoes, 70mph wind and softball hail are not anything I want to be exposed to. I know how to be safe when I am at home.

I'm going to put some 5 gallon buckets over the tender tomato and pepper plants to provide protection from hail. Some of the plants might be taller than a 5 gallon bucket. It will be a tight fit to cover them. It is part of the gamble I choose to make with planting early.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”