April Two Ta da Tally!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

April Two Ta da Tally!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:37 am

Let's tally up some ta dahs today, on 2 April!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Re: April Two Ta da Tally!

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:48 am

I let myself sleep as late as I could since I didn’t have my exercise class today and was up drinking coffee before 7:00

Yesterday was my gds friends birthday party at a park. Lots of fun, but first my son apologized over and over again about his kids behavior on Sunday. We had a short discussion about it and went on to enjoy the day.

Someone brought a kite from the dollar store but the glue that helped the braces for it came off. Sweetie devised a way to attach them but the part where the string needed to be attached need tape to secure it. Course we didn’t have any, but as usual, I did have band aides!

Tore the tape part off of two of them and ya-da was able to fix it :D:

Came home and work with my sunnies. Big storms with 40+ mph winds are expected on Wednesday so I ended up staking them. Ran out of garden twine so off to HD we went. Bought it and some replacement plants along with several bags of potting soil and dirt which I needed.

Then went to the bank and rewarded Sweetie with a fish dinner at Culver’s and an ice cream which they are known for. I had a bunless hamburger and snitched a few of Sweeties FF’s

I am headed outside to work on my sunnies and sprucing up the plants I bought yesterday before I try to plant them. They are looking kind of puny so I want to get them a bit healthier before I put them in the ground. Besides with this big predicted storm I think it’s best to shelter them till it over.

Waving to y’all …
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:57 am

Good morning!

It is "Get Back into the Groove" day for me after having a 3 day holiday weekend. I was sick 2 weeks ago and haven't fully recovered and returned to doing my normal plate spinning. I am going to be intentional in my effort and focus.

TA-DA -
** AM personals done
** Trash to the road
** DD12 to school
** Garden checked for damage from storm. No damage found so today I will remove the protective covers.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:17 am

Dh is getting his shower after his workout and I'm working on my list for the day. We'll have tomorrow a.m. early but are scheduled to be at dfriends' home across town at 10 a.m. for the trip to ATL and onward.

We have weather coming this way too, but not until the evening. Spring tornado season is a thing.

I'm slow moving this morning, although I did get trash to the road before the garbage truck came by.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:13 am

My first ta-da was exercise this a.m., a 30-minute floor workout.

lucylee, no, I do not remember hearing about that terrible outbreak of storms, but I would have been a high-schooler and not as attuned to weather news as, perhaps, world events for reports, etc. How tragic that your classmate's whole family was lost.

I got all that nail-biting fabric cutting done last evening. In addition to some fraying in the wash, the cloth had shrunk in the wash a bit, which makes me happy that I am pre-washing all before putting into the quilt top. But also, it was not cut quite straight when sold to me. So, with an inch gone here, and an inch gone there, I ended up barely able to get these large pieces cut from the long length I'd been so sure of the day before. It wouldn't have been that bad, really, if I couldn't, but it would have been much more of a puzzle, and my puzzler is already puzzling a lot, lol.

The only thing we've heard from ds' family is that they safely got to the hotel where they were going to wait until the boarding time for the ship. I'm sure they are having a ball and are absolutely fine, I'd just like to hear it from them, lol.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:32 am

Weather News Q.
How do you prep. for tornado season in the south or where ever you might be?

I was in a storm shelter when I was a child they listened to the radio and the family huddled in a rood celler unter ground lined with cob
web laden jars of food on shelves.

Up at 6:30 thought it was five thirty at first LOL!
Have the trash out to the road sunny here.
Working on my journaling stuff.

I goofed off yesterday took the day off after a busy Sun. that turned in to an unplanned work day for me.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:43 am

Twins…safe travels and have fun!

Harriet I hated when I sewed in the past and sometimes forgot to prewash my materials :D:

Now here’s a question for y’all:

This morning when I walked out my front door, two very upset doves flew from the top of it and into my entry way. They flapped like crazy trying to find their way out. I checked the top of my front door which has a ledge for my hurricane shutters suspecting they might be trying to make a nest.

Called Sweetie outside to check to and he didn’t see any thing either. Just heard so very loud cooing come from my front door and sure enough when I looked up, two beautiful black eyes were starring back at me. Course then it flew off.

Obviously the doves have decided the top of my front door edge would make an excellent place to make their nest. I would love to watch the process, but as you can imaging going in and out of my front door without disturbing them is not an option.

Think another trip to home depo for some fence wiring is in my future…
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:52 am

I am gaining motivation and energy level rising as the number of SHE cards completions increase.

I called about getting an appt for Sam's vaccination and ended up getting time for all 3 dogs to get their shots done. The Vet is hosting a clinic between the hours of 5-6pm tonight with focus on giving dog shots. Sweet!

I called and made appt to start process of replacing one of the A/c units in our home. It barely made it through last summer, so it has almost no chance of lasting this summer. I would rather do it now than when it totally fails during the 100F days.

How do you prep. for tornado season

The safest way is to go underground. Very few homes here are built with a basement but many homes have cellars. Some people have built safe rooms in their home which are small rooms (4'x4') with thick reinforced concrete walls and a metal door. The safe rooms are above ground and work 99% of the time. I have personally seen safe rooms after a tornado comes through and the concrete walls have pieces of metal and stuff that went through the walls.

RR - Maybe put a fake owl or snake on the front porch?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:55 pm

Nancy, for us prep at this point is generally just stay alert and watch weather, keep phone available for alerts, have a designated place to shelter if needed. We would shelter either in our laundry room (no outside windows) or the closet under the stairs, if we had time to unload suitcases etc. Schools here are dismissing an hour early and cancelling p.m. activities.

I need to go on to the grocery store pretty soon.

Some ta dahs....
-descaled coffee maker
-roomba running
-did HOA last minute check :roll:
-ordered an ebook
-laundry

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:26 pm

Ramblin', what we do for barnyard fowl we want to keep away from a ledge is to install a diagonal over it so that they can't get a perch. In other words, a triangularly shaped molding along the top surface. Or, if no molding would be wide enough, you might need to do a small amount of construction. It doesn't need to be eye-catching at all and if it blended in it might just look as though it came with the house.

Return to “Post When You Can”