April Two Ta da Tally!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: April Two Ta da Tally!

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:40 pm

I'm feeling so virtuous 8-) because of getting some recyclables and trash out yesterday.

I went to mailbox and got more trash out just now. Have some more recyclables I'd like to do, but if these rains catch me out, at least I know I've been pretty well prepared. ( a TaDa to add into our theme, come to think of it)

Big rains expected tonight and again at about the time poor dd leaves for work in the morning. (I need to tell her to check weather and plan on allowing more time.) Winds seem to pick up after the rains here, oddly enough. Of course, that means soggy ground that might not hang onto tree roots well. We've certainly experienced that before.

Mystery, how did your fasting go? Good job on providing help at your church's Easter services.

Hello, dear blessed!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:43 pm

Home from doing a few errands with DH.
** Voted
** Got 10 bags of pea pebbles to fill in the holes the dogs dug in that yard.
** Found celebrity tomato plants. That is a favorite of mine, and I haven't been able to find them.
** Grocery store for few items. DH is craving salad so I had him pick out his preference of ingredients.

DH and I have made a joint decision to stop going to the gym. We have grown weary of it. Now that we are past the winter weather we are going to be intentional in continuing to exercise daily. Today's exercise will be unloading and carrying ten 50lb bags of pebbles and filling holes in dog yard. DS15 will continue to go to gym as part of his homeschool.

I spread pine shavings around newly planted tomato, pepper and marigold plants. Something (grasshoppers?) has already eaten all the leaves off many of the marigold plants. Now they are just a single stem with a flower on top. Hopefully the plants will regrow the leaves and survive.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Harriet… my solution was just to shut the hurricane shutters, thus eliminating the ledge the doves want to make their home. Sweeties solution is to keep opening the front door thus making the doves take off. He says after a while they’ll get the idea and build a nest somewhere else :lol:

In the meantime I’ve been to the grocery store and now my kitchen looks like a produce stand. I’m cleaning my refrigerator and taking out all the shelves. Trying to come up with a different configuration so I can store more. I hate this refrigerator and miss my old one which was much bigger.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 pm

I'm procrastinating for some reason. I can't get moving.

I'm going to set an alarm, start at 3 p.m. and work for 45 on packing and things I need to do before leaving.

Harriet, might want to edit over in J&C. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:10 pm

My dsis has a basement in ark. family comes over the brought food to do in the freezer for those times.

Doggo & I have walked. 6i* outside when we left 65* now. Clouding up a bit rain tomorrow.
Not much progress other than moving some papers.
Can is back in from the curb now.

Had a yummy lunch.
Puttered in the back yard a bit that really helped my mood.
Swept the patio & brushed tree crumbs off the outdoor kitchen area.
Picked up after the dog in the back yard.
Move one of the wheel burrows.
Fetch a planter that blew under the deck.
It was good to see the flowers in bloom in my yard! :mrgreen:

Listening to a book review of the book I got should have done that before I got the book LOL!

Worked on my kitchen counters looks better now yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:59 pm

Nancy, it's 80 degrees here with temp to drop to 50 tonight. My area will briefly hit high thirties by the weekend. Zurich on Thursday a.m. will be mid fifties with rain coming.

Making some progress. I think part of my procrastination is that I don't know what to take.

Right now the dog is making noises so next I think I need to walk her, then get back to work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:26 pm

Taking stock lets me see where I want to increase my focus -
** 13% 38 of 298 pages of book Feel-Good Productivity: How to Do More of What Matters
** 4285 steps
** 71 SHE cards

Next up = Load up 3 dogs and take them for yearly shots.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:15 pm

I finished walk with ddog and got back to work, but breaking now. Dh is home and is doing his packing before heading to bowling. I set up AirTags in my purse, backpack, luggage and in dh's luggage. Will probably do his backpack too. We have one more. I have over 10K steps now.

Wrangling three dogs, LadyM? Are they a handful?

Looks like we won't have any heavy weather until around nine p.m. maybe?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:00 pm

That couldn't have gone any smoother.
Load up Sam (50lb Whippet), Tomas (50lb Border Collie Poodle mix), and Micro (5lb yorkie).
Drive 10 miles to Vet Clinic
Unload dogs and go into clinic
3 vaccines for Micro
2 Vaccines for Tomas
1 vaccine for Sam
Pay $131.
Load up, drive home and unload dogs.
From start to finish it only took an hour.
The dogs are kindhearted and eager to please, so they are fairly easy to manage.

It is 6pm and I need some steps. I wish it wasn't cloudy and chilly, but it is what it is.
Ready. Set. Go.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:37 pm

I had the kind of nap I try to have - more than a catnap but short, not staying down so long that I got stuck/bleary. I had a hair barrette at back of hair and remember telling myself :idea: that if I started to turn or move and felt the hairbow, to wake up, because I was still dressed! Perhaps that worked.

Dd and her Dad took the rest of the recyclables - done.

She and I made supper and watched Hyacinth together. She is in her final Zoom marriage counseling session now. They have a lot to tell the minister this time - house is theirs, budget is on paper.

I've cleaned up in the kitchen, the bar is clear, and with HRH in his office, I believe see an opportunity to do the rest of the large fabric cuts while alone.

When do you leave, Twins'? Is Zurich the destination to which you first arrive?

HRH called me to his fb to see photos of ds' children watching a faraway sunset at their first port.

Have a bday party at dd44's house Saturday although today is actually the day. It is actually dgdC's bday then, but she will be far away. I have one present (coding book) already wrapped for the party and the other (soccer training ball) has arrived in an odd, pretty much unwrappable box. Hmmm ... ..

Return to “Post When You Can”