WED. The Third

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

WED. The Third

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:54 am

What three things are up for you today?
I have been out moving planters three at a time and made three trips with them and some rocks to redo an
area by the front property line. After the neighbors yard folk mowed off my "plant babies" as my mom used to say.
I am going to put rocks up so the mower will make noise if they try that again! [ I will do painted rocks.]
I have dug out sage plants they were ugly.
I have rounded up planters for some things to put future plants to go in for now.
It is blustery & cloudy outside and rain in the forecast.
Deciding on what to plant tall Sunnie's maybe.
Yesterday I took the time to tell the gal that the roses were the neighbors & stuff in front of them closer to the road were mine.
I know she could tell I was mad, I made a point of that!
Not the first neighbor I've had this issue with about my plantings.
Trying to make this fun and keep it pretty.
~Sigh ~
So I'm glad for other things going on today and writing that helps & weather for a diff. focus.

LadyMaverick

Re: WED. The Third

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:23 pm

Good morning!

It has been a busy morning here. I've hit the first 5 hourly challenges as well as accomplished two projects.
** HVAC people have been here. Decisions were discussed and made about replacing one of the central units. They will order today and if it comes in tomorrow they will do the install them.
** I found a new source for meat. They don't have the organic label on it, but it is as close as I can find. I like buying meat directly from person raising it and knowing what it was fed and the environment it was raised. DS15 went with me to their home in the boondocks to pick up meat.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:39 pm

Nancy, you were probably wise to get this straight quickly, and talk about it right after the damage. We also have a boundary that's not straight with the "look", so seems as though we might not own what we certainly DO. Ds (as a grown person) had to have words with another man over it and deny what was being said. Ds stood directly on the line and said, "nope", and gave the facts. It was obvious he knew what he was talking about, and we haven't heard another word in years.

My three today will all have to be indoors, since wind here is kinda rough. Sewing, cleaning, some extra laundry.

Next up is a healthy lunch.

Happy traveling to Twins'.

Meant to comment the other day while ya'll were chatting, that I got my planner ready, too. Lately I have been concentrating more on it than on my other record-keeping, just writing smaller and using more color, more dividing lines to be clear. I love other ways of recording, but right now am shorter on time. This week's pages have a bumblebee sticker at the top for my week mascot. I didn't really think of "busy as a bee", but, yep.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:49 pm

Hello! Hello!
I’m trying to get things started around here!
I am s2s, did morning 5-minutes exercise, and did Daily Bible reading.
I also s/s master bath. Did NOT clean the floor!

Another note on last night’s mopping fiasco:
Dh says he felt like a rat stuck on a glue trap… thought he might have to gnaw off his feet to get out of there…
Dh tends to exaggerate in times of stress.

Today’s PODA:
— Wmart
— drug store
— s/s kitchen
— MAYBE vacuum den
— MAYBE fold towels from yesterday
— cook supper
— dmom’s bday party
— Dgd spend the night

Hope y’all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:30 pm

LucyLee - Your DH has a very creative imagination. LOL

I made a pot of spaghetti & meatsauce for the family. I have returned to eating food that makes my body feel good. The family isn't a fan of my food and their food makes my body hurt. So I cook for them and cook separately for myself. I used to find this challenging but somewhere along the way it has become normal.

DH and I teamed up to mow, weed eat, fill holes, and trim tree limbs in the middle back yard. This checks off exercising for today.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:51 pm

My three:
extra laundry done through to drip-dry
cleaning I planned in kitchen done
sewing well under way

I'll be sewing on and off all day, though. I'm taking breaks.

Nancy, you may remember me saying I got dstepson to dig up my sage, too. It had gotten so huge. The blooms were lovely, and for all I know butterflies or bumblebees will be sorry they're gone, but they were overgrowing fast and keeping me from really enjoying the planting space. The butterflies make no secret they like pink flowers best, anyway.

In a couple weeks, it will be time to go shop at the plant nursery, btw! Unfortunately, everything happening at once, with my long appointment then that almost loses a day it's so far away, and more tax stuff, of course.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:18 pm

I'm taking my last break of the day. The final 5 hours of the day will be nonstop.

When I pick DD12 up from school we will immediately leave for her counselor appt in the city. It is a 45 minute drive and that is how much time we will have to complete it. There are only 4 stop lights between here and there with most of the drive 80mph on the Interstate so we should be able to do it. While DD12 is talking to counselor I will go get her a Subway pizza for her to eat in the car on the drive back. We should arrive at church around 6:30 which is when our classes start.

The HVAC company called, and they have the new equipment. They will be here at 8:30am tomorrow to do the replacement.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 pm

I Did errands today
MEP Appt. x
one more after this in a couple weeks soon as I read over my "Home work to proof it."
Bank X
W-Mart X
JoAnns fun shopping / Ne planner set up for my reading notes.
Thrifting
:mrgreen: Found books devo. & bread pan same as my other one so I can do up two loaves if I ever feel so inclined.
Put away food etc.
Walked ddoggo around the block as I had my steps in already. Took the umbrella, she does not mind the rain.
It was good for me to clear my head & think on fun things like the 4 $1.00 ea. pansies I got on clearance for the area mentioned
in my starting post. I put em put to get rained on. Truck is out where it can get a free wash today as well.

Logging is in my future it was windy when I left, came home to a 3" branch in the yard, so happy to say I could move it and
it did not hit the house! Yea!

Washed the rig off & parked it.
Moved flowers to closer to where I think I'll plant em.
Read over my homework.

Read my new to me books intro that came & the work book x2
Vacuumed up stairs :idea: saved this task for today when I saw the weather forecast.
One bathroom got swished today this morning before I left.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 pm

Hoping everything is okay with blessed's household.

After two tours of their labs, DangerBoy has committed to the state university's College of Engineering. We're going to have to learn to do without him a lot. snif, snif. Long drive.

Me, with a new-to-me sewing challenge:
1st one, 3 mistakes: "Ack! I'll never manage to make 4 of these!"
2nd one, 2 mistakes: "This is just luck. I'm surely on the verge of messing up!"
3rd one, 1/2 of a mistake: "Oh, this is going quickly."
4th one, no mistakes: "What a shame I only needed four. Could make some for sampler quilts."

Anybody's an expert at a thing as soon as they do it enough times. ;)

I made a cake of cornbread to add to ordinary country cooking tonight. It's date night for dd, so we were the only ones to please.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:33 pm

Dd says her alarm didn't go off this morning - we had wondered why she took off so quickly and left her lunch behind! Hopefully she will have that problem straightened out.

They saw The Matrix - the regular, old one - at a theater that shows vintage (Matrix is vintage?) movies for small prices. They are serious about this budget!

I had continued sewing and got more done, stopping at a place I'll be able to immediately pick up tomorrow without missing a beat, I hope.

Good luck on tomorrow's HVAC work, LadyM. My experience with replacing a central unit is that it takes more time and costs more than expected. :? But this certainly is the right time of year to get the most benefit.

Return to “Post When You Can”