Thursday Upkeep and Repair

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Thursday Upkeep and Repair

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:49 am

LadyM household will be humming with the installation of an HVAC central unit today.

lucylee has just installed a new hot water heater after WAY too much mopping.

Ramblin' is guarding her portal against fowl invaders.

Nancy moved planters that will guard her front lawn against damage.

Homemakers are careful to watch their homes for needed repairs and to do the little and big things that keep everything safe and running securely.

What upkeep are you mindful of today? What needs repair at your house?

CathyS

Re: Thursday Upkeep and Repair

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:56 am

I have put out compost and recycling. I burned 1 large bag of cardboard. I also did 1 of 2 loads of laundry. Outside hose got connected to the tap. We checked the garage for garbage/recycling and cardboard. There were 5 empty windshield washer bottles that have gone into the garbage. (I don't like to recycle those even though dh says they are good for recycling.)

There are dirty dishes in the sink that need to be rinsed. It's been pouring rain here for 2 days and the ground is totally saturated, therefore I tried to stay away from wet jobs for the past 2 days. On the other hand, we also need a water delivery and that is coming today.

There are also some out of the house errands. Banking/groceries and knitting today. Both "outside" freezers are low, so today I will be stocking up on bread for the upright freezer. With the contents being "low" I found 4 bottles of strawberry freezer jam, so dh is happy. We also found 4 bags of samosas. Another thing to make dh happy.

Tonight's supper is a large question mark. It depends on what I find in the grocery store.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:40 am

Before 8:30am I had everything ready for the HVAC fellas. The 2 big dogs are sharing half of their normal dog yard. The gate is now closed between those 2 back yards. The drive through gate is now open to the middle back yard giving the HVAC fellas easy access to the outside a/c unit. I moved furniture away from the thermostat and made sure the area was clear around the inside unit. Their estimate is $6740. We will see how close the actual will be to the estimate. I am thankful to be getting this done now when not much is going on and we aren't in emergency status.

I have hired DD47 to deep clean DS15 bedroom. That will happen this afternoon. DD12 bedroom was deep cleaned on Monday.

My first 3 hourly challenges have been a success and I've enjoyed the rewards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:24 am

Morning….

Hoping twins travel plans goes off without a hitch. Many flight cancellations yesterday due to weather and more today in the NYC area. I know I have family on the NJ side close to the major NYC airport

Yesterday was a lost day for me with a migraine. Did manage to get my bills paid.

Today is a recovery day. Migraine crept into the middle of last night and I had to take more meds. So today I am moving in slow motion.

We had a huge storm last night with gale force winds. I had already staked my sunnies and moved things in my lanai on Tuesday in anticipation of the storm. Happy to say my sunnies are still standing.

I usually do laundry on Thursday but not sure if I am up to it… we shall see. Very tempted to slip back into bed since it’s still unmade.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:09 am

I am up stayed in bed longer was cold and cloudy out. Thankful for that time to stretch a bit before starting my day.
QT & SJ done.
bfast x
bujo & dp next up.

Wet tasks today
Rinse out new shirts for pre wash x
Sorted laundry to start in a few min. washer twins are doing their thing.
Writer note book / planner reset underway. :mrgreen:
Then sweep & mop
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:16 pm

HVAC crew is working inside and outside. All the old equipment has been removed and the new equipment is in place. They are replacing everything including the vent that goes through the roof. I am well pleased with this HVAC company and with the quality of work they do.

I will be cooking 8 cheeseburgers and also trying a new-to-me recipe just for fun. Naan Bread. I'm not sure I have ever made Naan bread before. It seems similar to Indian Fry bread but Naan bread has yeast.

I have been to the garden several times this morning and doing a little each time. I mowed until the bagger filled, weed eat a section of fence, feed/watered/moved rabbits, harvested pak choi & radish greens, put a tomato plant and 3 marigolds into the raised bed.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:34 pm

((Ramblin')) Hope you feel better soon!

Cathy, we are saturated here, too. Have fun at knitting. Nancy is telling about her recent knitting and crochet in the Art, Crafts thread. She's finished a knitted prayer shawl by crocheting shell edging - I thought that was interesting. Now getting sets of dish cloths done, I think. I am definitely stitching, but today am brainstorming about the "how" of some odd joining.

Deep into laundry here. It's not Mt. Washmore, but it's enough variety to take time.

Fixed garlic-parsley new potatoes for HRH's lunch, but I will save mine for a later meal. Dd25 sent a photo of her lunch and I figured, oh well, she's out with coworkers. But no, she was having the leftovers of the meal I fixed her earlier, sitting at her desk.

We are considering several Upkeep and Repair projects around here. HRH wants to resurface our porches and is getting opinions on that. We need to juggle the timing of more of dd's moving things out and what needs the trailer, what can go in pickup or even car.

I'm planning around the bday party on Saturday for lunch. Got to put this awkward present into a bag and call it good. The other one is well-wrapped. I need to try to get dd44 to take some money for the food, but I doubt that will fly. It will be an unusual bday party when your older brother just made his college decision and will have so much to tell, lol. I'll have to be sure to concentrate on the reason we're celebrating! Poor WonderBoy - his lifelong roommate is planning on a dorm instead.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:52 pm

(((RR)))

HVAC fellas are done! It took them right at 4 hours to do it. It would have been quicker, but they had to get parts that weren't on their truck for the gas line. They tested and cleaned everything up. I am pleased and thankful.

Seven hourly challenges completed, and rewards enjoyed.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:54 pm

Mid day CI
Not dressed yet. I have been goofing off playing with my new planner.
It's undated I used a white pen on the days of the week so these can be for notes journaling, lists, whatever I need at the time.
Taking a break from yarn creations over did it on Mon. so had to rest my shoulder.

Allergies are acting up a bit today.
A regroup day for me as well (RR).

I have swept & mopped
Last load of laundry has been folded & put away.
Painted some more rocks with base coat.
I napped a bit.
Did my dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:16 pm

I had to respond because RR nailed it! We’re currently at a LI, New York Marriott, flying to Zurich overnight. Flight out of ATL delayed too long. Trying again!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”