Step Back To See the Big Picture Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Step Back To See the Big Picture Saturday

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:35 pm

I don't know about the big picture here -- I've been out of the loop the last couple days. Kids have been on spring break and one of them has been with us every night since last Friday, except for Thursday night.

We celebrated dmom's birthday (only 32 days late, LOL) on Wed. night, and everything seemed fine... and then about an hour after he lay down that night, dh called out for me, and he was just SHAKING all over, with chills. Fever was around 101, but it went up to almost 104 before it finally went down. Aside from fever and the associated body aches, headache, etc... he was nauseated and throwing up. Whew... it was a LONG night.
By morning, the nausea and fever had subsided, and he showered and went on to get a haircut with me. After that, we both slept most all day, having missed most of the night before. (I did check with the rest of the family, and no one else was sick, so I don't think it was my spaghetti!)
Well, Thursday, he slept all day again, and GOUT came along. That is still bothering him. DDIL said she thought any sort of virus or bacterial infection could bring on an episode of gout. :? Sounds logical to me.
Yesterday, basically more of the same... gout pain is awful for him and he is using the walker. Lots of fetch and carry on my part...

I was going to take dgs to ball practice last night, but we got there and dgs was throwing up. HE was complaining with chills, headache, nausea...
We talked to the coach and came home.
DGS sounds fine now. He and dgd are outside playing baseball.

Saturdays, for some reason, always find me sleepy. I don't know why -- I get up about an hour earlier than usual for breakfast from Hardee's... so I don't know if it's eating a bigger breakfast, or losing a bit of my "normal" sleep, or what... but I've been napping in the recliner for a long while.

I have to take dgd home, and then I'll come back and cuop... see what y'all have been doing these past couple of days.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:47 pm

Cathy - That sounds wonderful and tasty.

((((Twins))) Most definitely this is a place to come and release the frustrations. I did a little search on Lucerne and watched a couple videos to get a tiny clue of the sights you are seeing. What a beautiful place!

LucyLee - hopefully your DH and DGS will be feeling better soon.

RR - No fun with the washer troubles. Frustrating and hopefully quickly resolved.

DH and I went out for Saturday night treat. Frozen chocolate yogurt with buttered pecans. MMMhhhh.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:14 pm

(((Twins))) -- I can just imagine how dh would be reacting if a 2-hour tour turned into 3+ and involved walking. But I bet you are seeing some amazing sights! Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with no more delays and no unexpected excursions!

DH sooo badly wanted to go to Auburn's A-day game today, but dgs' ball practice last night interfered; he didn't want to leave late (or early today) and then after he got sick, he said, "It's a good thing we didn't plan to go to the ballgame. I'd hate to be down there and feel like this."

And (((Rose))) -- different problems but your wet laundry sounds like my pile of wet towels after all that mess with the water heater. Hope you get a quick fix for the washer! I'm glad that health-wise, you're having a better day. Also -- I hope there wasn't much damage at your brother's house or other friends and family!

Cathy -- I can see why people are rushing to Niagara Falls for the eclipse, but I wouldn't want to deal with the crowds, either! We will have about 90% coverage, I think, and they say the kids at school are going to go out and see it -- which makes me kinda nervous. I've cautioned the dgrands repeatedly about looking at the sun, even for a SECOND! Surely the school is providing glasses or making the little cardboard viewers? At any rate, it may be a big disappointment for us -- there's supposed to be heavy cloud cover Monday.
DGD has a dermatologist appt, and ds wants to change it so she can enjoy the excitement with her class, but I sorta prefer her to enjoy it with her parents, LOL. (No one has asked for my opinion, of course.)

Harriet -- I meant to say I was glad to hear you had found a dress. I'm sure you'll find shoes that will work for the outdoor venue. It's so good you and dd were able to spend some girl-time together this morning.

LadyM, enjoy your day with no commitments! I have none, except that dgs is here and dh has these periods of needing this or that... and I am REALLY working on the virtues of patience and understanding.
He soaked his foot in hot water and Epson salts this morning... no immediate change, of course.
Oh -- BIG WTG to your ds on rescuing the little boy from the dog!!!

Nancy, WTG to you on the yard work. "A few each day is great progress." I REALLY need to put that into practice -- not only for yard work but for a LOT of things.

I just have no energy at all. I'm like this M-F, as you all know, but Saturdays are worse. Besides the change in waking time, the heavier breakfast, there's also the Nana-duty... every Saturday, I have dgd here until she is ready to go home; then dgs comes over. I know it won't be like this for long... they are growing up sooo fast... but today, I just want to sleep.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:53 pm

We only had a 10% chance of rain so I was suprised when a heavy thunderstorm came through and included hail. DS15 was 25 miles away at a birthday party so I had him stay longer instead of trying to drive through the storm. All well that ends well.

I hit 14 out of 14 hourly challenges today.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:46 pm

So… my team lost the first go-round… (((Harriet)))
Now hoping UConn can hang on to this halftime lead. Well, 24 seconds left in the first half.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”