Step Back To See the Big Picture Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Step Back To See the Big Picture Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:29 am

Saturdays offer us a different "take" on our weeks. We're less likely to have a rushed day with deadlines. school bells, appointments.

Time to breathe, maybe? To step back and say, "okay, what am I missing", or "what did I mean to include", or "how can I join others to get some household hopes and dreams accomplished" ?

How will you be using your weekend to breathe, to step back and remember your priorities? What can you do this weekend that will smooth your way through next week, and the next.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Step Back To See the Big Picture Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:34 am

Up early today not unreasonable however.
Raining here this morning.
I've been working on planner pages weekly review it done.
Considering my options.

Glad I spiffed the butterfly room found a journal I can use that I ordered & did not use yet yea!
Gotta luv that.
Personal Bible study might happen for me today.
I have food made ahead.
Finished yarn set of projects & started another set last ones in this batch yea!

Waving to all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:43 am

Good Morning

3rd of 14 hourly steps has been accomplished.

I am enjoying a quiet start to Saturday with DH. DS15 is sleeping. DD12 is with DD47.
DH and I are going to team up and tackle getting tax paperwork gathered and to CPA today.
I am not sure what our exercise will be for the day.
I've planted 2 tomato plants and 4 marigold flowers in the raised bed this morning. Also moved a concrete block and put flat concrete slab in its place. I'm experimenting with a border design around the strawberry plant raised bed.

The wind is blowing hard today. It makes it a bit more challenging to be outside.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:34 am

WTG Gals!

I have been out to cut up limbs I picked up and put in the utility trailer yesterday.
I got them mostly in half to fix in the can to go to the curb next week.
There are more to do on these but a few each day is great progress yea for that!
Took out the trash this morning also.
More rain coming. Tomorrow too & we will have clouds Mon.

Rain has stopped for now.
Might get to see the sun briefly today.
I have filled bread in the oven now.
Fetched the mail.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 pm

Just watched the Canadian men's curling team win yet another game so now they will be playing for gold tomorrow.

It's very sunny here today. Dh took me out for breakfast and then we went and picked up a huge bag of bird seed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:36 pm

Took a walk with dd25 this a.m. Nice to just chat and be calm and "see the big picture".

She gave her opinion about the clothes shopping and agrees with her Dad. I think they are right - the first choice is the best for the wedding. I will shop for some highER (not high) heels that are still steady on outdoor terrain, lol. Still going to consider the more wedding-centric place where the bridesmaids are going, but even if this one's a backup, I have something that's nice, approved of, and, most important, it's here.

We're ready for the party today. That will be the main focus today. The meal sounds great - hope I don't eat too much!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Making progress one card at a time. I feel so relaxed without any appointments on the calendar. I might not need to get into a vehicle at all today.

I have decided that I need to resume doing the laundry for the family. I did the laundry for the first 45 years of our marriage and then DH took over doing laundry as one of his responsibilities after he retired. DH has done all the laundry for the past 9 years and I have enjoyed him taking care of the clothes. However, now DH seems to be struggling with deciding who the clothes belong to. Instead of easily putting clothes to the correct person they are just being mixed and not hung up. DH mind isn't processing things like he used to. It is a subtle change but glaring obvious because I know DH so well.

DH will continue to take care of the dirty dishes. He does an excellent job of staying up with them and it is rare to find a dirty dish. He loads the dishwasher all through the day and then runs it at night. He empties it the next morning and has it ready to receive dishes all day long.

I received this text message from the city clerk ....
DS15 came to my rescue! We've had a dog in the area running loose. I looked out and he was chasing Axxx Sxxx little boy on his bike. I was headed after the dog with my broom. DS15 stopped and kept the dog at bay while I visited with the owners (visiting is putting it mildly) I surely appreciated his help!! So did Austyn the little boy! He said Thank you!!

5 hourly challenges have been successful. I'm working on #6 now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:18 pm

I can gripe here. We got to Lucerne by 2 pm yesterday, had late lunch and dfriends had booked tour guide for two hours at 4:30. Ended up being +3 hours and my back was screaming. We have walked a lot this afternoon but friends walk soooo slowly. Lots of little issues. Probably better when we get to the cruise part of trip.

Lucern is beautiful, snow capped alps, lake Lucerne, the old town area. Lots and lots of photo opps.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:26 pm

Well my day started off well. Watered my sunnies and worked with my other plants in my lanai. Picked up many footprints as I had three bad days in a row. However I am feeling myself again.

Started my laundry, got on loaded done, put it in the dryer and started the next. Was working in the kitchen when I heard loud noises in my laundry room. Sweetie and I went to investigate and sure enough it was my washer.

Figured out the tub isn’t turning. Now I have a load of super wet clothes sitting in my bucket. Nothing to do but call the repairman. My house now smells like bleach as the load was my whites.

LadyM… I know what you mean about your husband. Sweetie can’t figure out which place in my utility drawer where to put the forks. I have salad forks in one spot and the larger forks in another…Sweetie just puts them all together.

Harriet… shopped at Dillards, Macys and another regional store in my area when I had to by my mother of the grooms dress. I found bridal shop dresses for moms over priced and not to my liking. I ended up buying mine from Saks 5th Off the Rack for mine. Great selection and prices as well. I bought a beautiful dress that was priced at $259 for $89. That where I go now whenever I need a dressy dress.

Website is Saks Off Fifth

Btw… remember I am from NJ and all my friends including my brother did a lot of shame rattle and roll yesterday. He lives next to the Atlantic Ocean and is on the last beach north of the NJ beaches … we don’t say Shore :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:50 pm

We will be having a boiled supper with a Cottage Roll, onions, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. I also toss in a couple dozen peppercorns.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”