Starting Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Starting Sunday

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:02 pm

Me? Starting Sunday? Wow.
Well, dgrands and I went to church. Ddil said she wasn’t feeling well. Dh definitely not feeling well.

Now we are at urgent care in Next Town, all 4 of us, bc dh was in too big a rush to stop and take them home!
Gout pain just got too severe. He is hoping to get some steroids, and maybe a shot.
Why Next Town?
Our urgent care closes (according to all posted signs) at1:00. I go in at one or two minutes past 12:00. Receptionist says: We don’t take patients after 12:00.
??? Well why don’t you say you close at 12 since for all practical purposes, you do???
He didn’t want to go to ER — too expensive and too time consuming, he said… so here we sit. Sigh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Re: Starting Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 pm

So, they ARE going to see him, though? ((lucylee and family))
Oh, reading more carefully... .. you had to leave there and go elsewhere... .. good gravy.

We've been a little overwhelmed here, but it's all good.

The birthday party yesterday was great fun. We could hardly stop laughing and calm down to sing the bday song, and when we started, DangerBoy got laughter-choked and had to abandon us, anyway. His brothers teased him unmercifully for that, because he's the one who's always saying stop clowning around. Soccer and coding/gaming presents galore, all greatly appreciated. Grandpuppy was very well-behaved and allowed to be a guest, so growing up.

Soccer goals were set up on the front lawn and it was a pretty day for it.
WonderBoy had just gotten home from 2 morning games and his team won both, so he was especially cheerful.

We are kinda sorry to hear that DangerBoy wants to go to "summer start" semester and dive into some mathematics on campus. So instead of losing him in autumn, we sort of lose him in June. Sigh. This will give him a mini-semester to familiarize himself with campus, etc., and maybe feel like an old hand when the rest of his class arrive.

Youngest grandson had really ripped the Star Wars tee we gave him for Christmas, so I brought it home to repair and it looks pretty good. Already sent a photo and got a call-back of thanks, so maybe it will be okay. This is a shirt of "the Child" in the signature sloppy coat which has a ragged hem anyway, and the rip is at this hem area, so I don't think he's really lost the shirt at all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:28 pm

I want to church it was good glad I went.
Stopped by the market on the way home.
Got those supplies put away.
Had lunch.

They have a list of things needed at church they said baskets I am wondering if they need small ones like mom's day gift baskets or
laundry basket sized ones? Saw a couple cute wire ones for egg gathering at a yd. sale more decorative. Thinking... wondering if bags
I seam up might work ... something to ponder on my walk.
okay re reading the list I do not have the kind they need / want.

At the yd. sale I got a platter for potlucks, will not matter if it gets left behind.
:idea: Or I could put pizza rolls on it! :mrgreen:
The gal said was going to put out more items this afternoon. might go back.
I went back and got another platter white & blue goes with things in my china hutch I will keep it.

Thinking of those that have not posted.
Mowing happened on both sides of me happened so it is quiet again.

Watched " the miracle club" enjoyed it, nef flex.
The gal that wore purple on Donton Abbey Violet was in it.

Mowed in back & change bird waterers after 6 pm. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:39 pm

(((LucyLee))) Hopefully they will be able to give some relief to your DH.

Harriet - That sounds like a great birthday party.

Church this morning was good although I spent most of it in the nursery. I had 2 one year olds and 2 two year olds. Three of them wanted to sit in my lap, rock and have their backs rubbed. It was like a game of musical chairs with the kids waiting and watching for a place on my lap to become available and then they would make a dash for the empty spot. DGS27 surprised me by coming to church and staying in the nursery with me. He typically isn't a fan of little kids but seem to enjoy playing and interacting with them. He was surprised how happy the kids were with no one whining or crying.

We went out to eat at local place. The owner is the waitress and cook so it takes a little more time to get food. The menu is limited because everything is home cooked. Today I had egg, sausage biscuit with tomato rosemary jam. Every ingredient was grown/raised by her family and cooked by the cook. My taste buds were happy.

DGS27 came back to our home and stayed for a couple hours. He offered his services for any project that I needed to do. I couldn't think of anything, so we just enjoyed talking.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:33 pm

It was a gorgeous, sunshine-y day here. Dh cut the grass for the first time in 2024. I trimmed some branches on various plants/bushes.

We are having hamburger helper by request. Beef stroganoff flavour.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:53 pm

Finally home!
Dh did get the shot and a rx for prednisone. Nurse practitioner cautioned him to follow up with family doctor if it didn’t improve soon — she was concerned about possible cellulitis, etc.
We ate a late lunch… stopped for rx, gas, and a few things at Wmart… and FINALLY we are home.

I have to say, dgrands could not possibly have acted better. They patiently played on their phones and waited and waited… even though I know they were tired and hungry.
They are outside playing baseball now.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:54 pm

So glad the party went well, Harriet!
Waving to everyone!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:43 pm

LucyLee - glad to hear the good news about your DH. Hopefully the meds will give a quick relief.

It seems to never stop around here with kids. DS15 is ALWAYS busy and usually has at least one friend with him. He is flushing out the radiator in pickup. Why? Who knows. Has he ever done it before? Nope. He has an abundance of confidence that he and friend can figure it out.

I'm off to attend evening church.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:49 pm

Phone call from ds and they are home safe - he just decided to drive all day after they got off the ship this morning. He says they were going to come over and see us but he and dgdC, especially, are really tired and need sleep. I'm so glad they can be in their own beds tonight and be relaxed. They sent photos of the special souvenirs the children bought themselves with our shopping money - miniature surfboard wall decorations for their rooms.

I don't think anyone got hurt or sunburned or especially bug-bit or anything like that, although I admit they could be avoiding telling me. In many of the photos they sent along the way, ds was wearing a ball cap backward, which was a signal to me that he was listening to me about how he always sunburns on the back of his neck, lol. Our green-eyed boy was amused to tell me that a parrot bit his dad's finger, but I don't think that was major, just surprising. He assures me he ate a lot of different foods (he's one of my picky-eater grands.)

Dd25 just got home and says they got all their work done today, so washer/dryer is in the house - don't know if it's already hooked up.

LadyM and Nancy, it's so nice your days at church have been positive.

Prayer meeting had been cancelled last evening because the minister couldn't make it, so I'm definitely looking forward to the Wednesday meeting.

lucylee, I'm thankful your dh will get some relief and there's no cellulitis. Cellulitis - the only time we ever dealt with it, I got it because of a tick bite. How strange. Those were the pills that I had to take on an empty stomach and eventually just started taking them outdoors because they made me want to vomit. I just thought I'd give you that cheerful report.

Cathy, stroganoff HH was one of my family's go-to meals years ago, but HRH can't stand any HH! I remember being shocked at him and hardly believing he was serious, lol.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:22 pm

Harriet my ex wouldn't eat any of the HH flavours at all, but he would cook up some ground beef, and have mac and cheese from a box to go with it. Not too different from the cheeseburger flavour of HH.

I went to bed earlier but I couldn't get to sleep because my house was "yelling" at me to "get that blanket out of the dryer, load the dishwasher and turn it on and do some of the other dishes, load the washing machine and wait until those clothes are in the dryer!!" Now that I have done all of that, it's time for bed.

Way too much info about the eclipse on FBook today. Updated weather forecasts, info on how to deal with pets, travel restrictions (closed roads) and warnings regarding not using drones over Niagara Falls due to helicopters in the area... Way too much information. Also, predictions regarding the increased level of accidents expected.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”