Here Comes the Sun (and Moon) Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Here Comes the Sun (and Moon) Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:33 am

I'm looking out at the dawn from my desk this morning and thinking that although we're aware some of us will see something rare today (clouds allowing), it's only because of our vantage point.

From neither sun nor moon would there be a "view" of anything different at all, lol. We just think there's something big going on because of how we look at it.

It's kinda like a photo-bombing, isn't it? It's like, here's the sun, ready for a close-up, but the moon dashes through the camera's angle making a face.

"Here comes the sun. It's alright.", said George Harrison.

Here's an article about how to watch on tv, etc., in case clouds don't cooperate, or you're just interested in a continuing report because you'll be so busy with homemaking today!

CathyS

Re: Here Comes the Sun (and Moon) Monday

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 am

Thank you for the start Harriet!

I'm going to stitching this morning but I don't know if the library is open. I looked on their website to see if they were closed today and there is nothing saying they are closed.

Dh has requested brats on buns for supper.

Other than what we are wearing at the moment, the only dirty thing in the washer is a solitary facecloth. I need to empty the dishwasher.

I'm trying to figure out what to do around here this afternoon while the moon is blocking the sun for less than 4 minutes. It is overcast here and possibility of rain. I wouldn't be happy if I was one of those who paid up tooo $1600.00 for a hotel room last night. Traffic reports are saying that all highways are moving faster than usual for the morning rush hour.

I have swept and washed the hall way. Waiting to do the kitchen and bathroom.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:32 am

Good morning

Harriet - Thank you for sharing that website link. It gave some detailed information that I didn't have. My home will be at 94.1% coverage which starts at 12:24 P.M, Peak1:42 P.M. and ends at 3:01 P.M.

Last night at church we were talking about how we viewed the previous eclipse. We used to put a hole in shoe box and watch it happen inside of the box. Some remember stacking 3 photo negatives together to view the eclipse.

Other than the eclipse, it is a normal day here. DD12 is at school. DS15 has normal homeschool which includes trip to music studio for lesson.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:53 am

It is frosty outside here this morning.
I am trying to tweak my routines.
Nope not going out to do the fire pit too cold.
I looked at one web site it will be in 50 min.
So maybe I can do dishes then! LOL!

Slept in a bit and had good dreams and my sleep was sweet.
Unlike the bad dream I had yesterday yea!

Two sun rises and two sunsets today!

Question of the day does any of you have a way to do reminders for every other day?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:03 pm

Cathy, I can't believe you are that caught up with laundry. Good job. I'm not there at all.

As of today, though, doing a mini-load got a new black shirt of HRH's hung to drip dry so he can start wearing it. Have been meaning to get to that, and it seemed other loads were always more important. No way he could have worn that without washing, and no way I'd wash with anything else - it seemed full of dye to me.

Nancy, depending on what methods you are using, if it is planning on paper, I use post-its and paper clips. I can count on the same small (or portion of a larger) post-it with a message to last for weeks or even months, moved from paper to paper. They even make an extra-sticky type and a "full adhesive" type so that the whole back of it is sticky and you could use any little bit (I am cheap). Colored small paper clips do the trick, too, but you either have to know what you meant when you clipped them on (lol - not guaranteed for me) or you're going to have to write on something anyway. So, I do end up being a post-it person very often. I use them, for instance, to remind when recycling comes since it's not on the same trash schedule. Also to remember when my sprouts are finished growing, which is once every 5 days.

btw - There is a Scotch/Post-it brands combo of a "wall-safe tape" now. So, you can write a temporary reminder on ANY paper and just tape onto most any wall or other surface. It looks like a roll of Scotch but is medium blue instead of green. Safe way to display children's art.

lucylee, is that med Col-chi-cine? (my spelling and pronunciation questionable) That is the one that made HRH react similarly. He is supposed to keep it in his pharmacy availability just in case, but is so grateful not to have needed it in a long time. Might not be the same - several meds may work the same way and cause same reactions.

I've been cutting fabric this morning. This is smaller, more pleasant work right now - nothing awkward. Except I did have to use one strip that was cut slightly skimpy so I'm putting safety pins to remind me of that when I make a seam later. Tobias has stayed right with me - he can sense this is calm work, I think.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:16 pm

have a way to do reminders for every other day?

I use excel spreadsheet to keep up with my SHE cards which allows me to decide how many days to repeat the card. When I complete a card I mark it done by doing Ctrl: which puts today's date. A separate column cell tells the frequency to repeat the task. The Next Due Date is a formula adding Date Complete to number of days to repeat. My explanation makes it seem complicated, but it is a simple process.

The first 5 hourly challenges were successful. 60 cards completed.

Exercise today is trimming trees, mowing, weed eating and filling holes.

I made up my breakfast jars for the week. Next up will be making a pot of my favorite soup and putting it into pint jars for the week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:49 pm

s2s X
had bfast bacon
fair skies
sun is out here still.
I am half dressed with wet hair now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:08 pm

Still completely overcast here.

We use the washer to hold the dirty stuff. When it gets full, I turn on the machine. After the dryer stops, everything gets put away.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:37 pm

Lost my post when the repairman came. Course it wouldn’t make any noises when he was here. He says to recorded the next time it happens. In the meantime he said he could hear some rumbling with the ball bearings. Said to replace and repair the washer would cost $1200. Told me to wait till the noise returned or stops tumbling

I asked him what the best washer would be to buy to replace it and he told my a top loading Speed Queen. I wasn’t surprised to hear that because I have heard that many times before. Told my that most laundromats use commercial Speed Queens and when he devices laundromat businesses the ones that don’t have speed Queens have the most problems and repairs. Told us the owner of his company has been in business for 33 years and that’s all he uses.

Nancy… I don’t have reminders… mine is see it, do it. This house doesn’t require as much upkeep as my other home. Think that’s because I have all tiles and imitation …which I hate… floors and no desert dust. My camels must be sorry to see me go.

LadyM… I’m old school and did the camera film thingie many times before

Need to do a grocery run. I spent time this morning after class working with my garden and my sunnies.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:55 pm

Hey, all!

I had to fight and fight to get in here. Our Wi-Fi’s internet security occasionally gets something stuck in its craw and decides that the SHE login page is a phishing site. (Yes, it is asking for my login information, it’s a login page, darn it!) First I had to hunt for how to get the page whitelisted and do that, and then it didn’t work. Tried a few times, then finally realized I could just use the data on my phone.

But then I got distracted with all the hubbub. We’re on the path of totality here, so we’ve got the lawn chairs out, and our eclipse glasses, and I made a pinhole viewer and brought out a colander for the shadows. DH and I are out in the yard, while DD is inside watching the NASA coverage, and DC went up to the local HS with their ex-GF for the community party our city is throwing.

Like Cathy, we will be having brats for supper. In our case, it’s because it’s the home opener for our ball team, and I always serve ballpark food for Opening Day. We usually go for ice cream, too, but our local DQ is under new management, and last I was past there, they weren’t open yet :( .

Have a good day, everyone!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Return to “Post When You Can”