Here Comes the Sun (and Moon) Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Here Comes the Sun (and Moon) Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:07 pm

Mystery! It's good to see you CI.

The peak of the eclipse has passed, and everything is returning to normal brightness again. DH and I stayed outside at the peak time observing the shadows, animals and insects. The rooster didn't crow like he does in the morning. None of the animals seemed to even notice. DS15 has been watching too much social media and was halfway convinced the world will end. We discussed that and his stress level/drama mode seemed to be reduced. He decided to continue with his normal doings.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:08 pm

Lots of folks on line now.
did our walk sunny and sharp shadows at noon when we finished up.
Bothering here yet.

Had lunch before we left.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:38 pm

Clear as a bell here, by surprise. I had suggested colanders and dd44's was perfect, making little crescent shapes. So, I was at least helpful.

DangerBoy had an extra credit if he got interesting photos, so the colander ones and the ones of all his brothers carefully looking up will be very acceptable. He wants to participate but doesn't really need this particular extra.

HRH didn't come out to look because of his eye surgeries. He has an eye patch so maybe could have just looked with the "good" eye, but was still wary.

As for birds, ete., same as LadyM. They were unimpressed.

Interested to hear from totality, Mystery!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:53 pm

This was a non event here we are too far away from the main path of it. Barely noticeable at all.
Lots of hype for sure.
I got some great flower pics just after it how ever.

-----
CI / got the front yd. mowed I have completed my step goal for today.
Worked on some yarn projects.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:10 pm

I used dh's welding mask and his welding glasses on top of my own. It got dark slowly and although I don't think the moon is completely gone, our overcast skies cleared up. There were black clouds for the hour leading up to the eclipse. It looked like it was going to pour rain at any minute.

I have started to fry the onions for supper. Dh also requested creamed corn. He was going to go get a potato salad, but I convinced him it wasn't needed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

Yes, Harriet, that’s the medicine. Ugh.

Headed into church meeting. Ballgames cancelled. No eclipse here — too cloudy.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:24 pm

I am feeling accomplished. All tomato and pepper seedlings are now planted in the raised beds. They each are planted into slotted pots to prevent mole/vole/gopher pulling the plants underground and eating them. The roots can grow through the slots and into the surrounding soil. They each have a slice of pool noodle around the base of the plant to prevent cut worm getting to the stem. They each are surrounded by pine shavings to reduce soil splashing on the leaves and also act as mulch to keep soil temperature and moisture from fluctuation. Each plant is surrounded by a wire cage 5'tall and 3' diameter. Each of the raised beds has a group of 6 cages that are topped with half of a cattle panel. They seem solid enough to stand up to the wind and spring thunderstorms. Now all I need to do is wait and watch over the plants. I am hopeful to be eating freshly picked tomatoes by 1st of June.

12 hourly challenges have been successful. Next up is #13
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:23 pm

A little excitement this evening. The 7 bulls in the pasture next to us managed to go through their fence and into neighbor's yard and then out into the neighborhood. I heard the neighbor kids screaming at the bulls. They are definitely without any experience handling cattle because keeping the bulls calm is vital. Thankfully the bulls are gentle but any animal that big can cause damage without meaning to. I've notified the person who cares for the bulls, and he is on his way here now.

14 hourly challenges have been accomplished. It is not usual for me to have this high of success several days in a row. I'll gladly take it but I know it won't always be possible.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:23 pm

That IS a little too much excitement, LadyM. Your garden sounds fun and healthy.

Dd came home very tired and immediately turned on Hyacinth, her happy-place program. (smile) She's going to bed early.

All my cutting is done and in neat piles I can understand. Deciding whether I'll continue at all tonight. I might get a start on the next part so that I can stop with a clear path to what I want to do tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”