Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:45 pm

Progress report :lol: 5x5 for today:
[/] Vacuum den/kitchen/dining room
-- -- I have done the den. That is all.
[x] Zone vacuuming in the den
-- -- Sort of. I did the baseboards and crown molding. Did one of the windows/screens, but had a terrible time getting it back in, so I decided I better not try with the other while dh is so out of sorts.
We have metal double-paned windows with the panes between the glass -- so, (in theory) they are super easy to wash, if someone was so inclined. ;) However, after 39 years, the house has settled and the windows do not just pop in and out like they used to. It was like the wood frame was too tight or something, and I thought I would NEVER get that window back into place. So it looks better, less like cobwebs for Halloween decorations, but the other one will just have to wait.

[/] Laundry
-- Second load is going, but first load is probably needing another spin in the dryer for "de-wrinkling."
[ ] Type church minutes from last night
[ ] Clear out five more items from the closet

Thanks for the hugs, LadyM.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:55 pm

Sun came out yea! We have walked.
Got my steps in for today yea!
Sheets are back on the bed now.

-----
I did a total of 4 loads of laundry today.
Got some cmas cups out of the top cupboard and they are ready to go to the basement in the holiday totes.
I will be taking them down for some of my steps tomorrow and later.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:57 pm

Thxs for the info LadyM about the washer. Good information to know.

After another 2 hours of pulling grass I am nasty and very dirty so I’m headed to the shower. The day was cool with a pretty good breeze so it was a great day to be outside.

Tomorrow I get a crown put on my tooth…can’t wait NOT
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:58 pm

"Repairman Fatigue" - Dove, I think you've just given a name to a very common condition. Another symptom is arrival of bills.

Ramblin', it's not a photo that's needed, but a video! So glad to find that "interesting" didn't mean anyone got hurt.

Oh, dear, ((lucylee's dmother)). Hope it is a brief bout.

Thinking of blessed's household - hope her dh and her dmother are okay.

Found the way to the appt easily (through the rain) thanks to "waze" on my phone. HRH is always irritated with it but had to admit today it helped. (I don't think HRH likes being a team player with an electronic voice.) One set of papers picked up, one dropped off.

Then on to grocery where we "only needed a few things" and spent $80. Sigh.

At home I started on my steps in sewing and took up the whole surface of our bed. Got one somewhat difficult task done, but the next will have it beat. I may take a break with some smaller steps.

Fielding lots of texts from dd25 today. She's having a tough day at work.

Next up, getting ready for trash pickup - almost there.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:33 pm

I ended up going to KFC to pick up a bucket of chicken. I also picked up fries, gravy, coleslaw and macaroni salad. There was also popcorn chicken, which dh likes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:54 pm

The rain wouldn't let up, so with darkness nearly here I just braved it and handled the outdoor chores fast as I could. It is so saturated out there that our driveway looks kinda bad. Needs to dry out.

We each had different things for supper tonight. Dd didn't have much time - as soon as she got home she needed to get ready for zoom.

lucylee, I'm amazed that you could see a dermatologist so quickly. Seems HRH waits a very long time.

Our bed is cleared off and I'm finished with supper, ready to start another step for sewing.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:08 pm

Good evening, all! Got in here without a hitch today. Go figure.

I never did check in again yesterday. At totality, it was cool to see the corona, and we had a bright red Bailey’s bead at the bottom, but it wasn’t as impressive to me because I’ve seen it in books before. What really got me was everything else. The sky got dark, and you could see at least some planets, if not stars. (Our neighbor said, “Oh, so they’re always there — we just can’t see them when the sun’s shining.” Yep.) But it was like a 360-degree sunrise — the entire horizon was a twilight blue edged with gold. That’s the part I’ll remember most.

LadyM, I saw your planting procedures posts that you wrote yesterday. Your garden is fortified!

Rose, it’s funny — I had your old place imagined much smaller than some of your comments when moving revealed it to be. Now your comments about your yard reveal my imagination of your new place to be larger than actual size!

I started out today very productive, but then it all went by the wayside. And presto! It’s bedtime. I did at least get my steps in.

I hope you all have a good night! Sweet dreams!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:36 pm

Progress Report #2
[/] Vacuum den/kitchen/dining room
-- Nothing more -- den. That is all.
[x] Zone vacuuming in the den
-- -- Sort of. We'll call it good.
[x] Laundry
[x] Declutter five items from closet
[ ] Type church minutes from last night
-- Tomorrow is another day. ;)

I have also helped dh with computer issues, which always makes me crazy. It started last night. I think he interrupted me in the middle of Blue Bloods 4 times. :lol: :roll: This morning JUST as I was getting into the shower, he calls again -- "LUCY..." Email from the comic subscription service... instructing to clear cache and cookies. Sooo... buck naked, I'm sitting there trying to figure this out. :lol: :lol: :lol: Got that straightened out... tonight same thing... while I'm trying to watch The Good Doctor. Another email to the site, but then I * think * I figured it out, and * maybe * he is back on track. This is not a gout-related problem. He is addicted to his internet comics, and completely unable to manage the internet.

He did go with me to pick up supper (he did not put his shoes on, but took them with him "just in case," and after supper, I think we both napped a little while.
He just offered me the computer (for me to do the church notes) but I declined. I can't think about that now; I'll think about that tomorrow.
Thank goodness for this chromebook. Thank goodness for you ladies advising me to get one. (I could do the notes on it, but prefer not to.)

I'm sorry I'm not replying personally to anyone and just all in myself lately. It's just been a rough few days.

I did see Mystery's post about the eclipse. Neat -- the 360 sunrise! My dcousin drove his mom and niece 6 hours to see it! He said my aunt had been talking about it for the last two weeks (my daunt) and his dniece/my late cousin's daughter went along with them. The younger dcousin is the one who's having a really rough patch right now, so that was really a good break from real life for her, I think.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”