Well-ordered Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Well-ordered Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:58 am

How will having a well-ordered Wednesday benefit your week?

Keeping the day in order might mean physical changes, like decluttering or doing dishes and duds.

Or it might mean some "on-paper" (or other method) things like scheduling, calendaring, meal planning.

What's in order at your house, and what needs to be brought back into line?

Harriet

Re: Well-ordered Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:38 am

Hoping to be well-ordered today here, and get to the end of the day feeling successful. I know pretty much what's for meals - it's smoothie day, for instance, and for supper tonight we've decided on taco night. No dairy, because I had some yesterday and awoke with sniffles this a.m.

I'm in the middle of my indoor-plant watering/fertilizing, which I do over two days only because I like to water from the bottom, leaving for hours, and use the most helpful saucers/bowls rather than switching around. So that chore is obvious and didn't need much ordering.

Most of my decluttering for this week is done. In fact, some is probably being picked up by the truck right now, lol. Cleaning needs to have some progress today, now that that's done.

I made a 5x5 last evening for my sewing, so I already have the freezer paper out this morning to make a template, and have been measuring. If I do all big steps today, I'm pretty much prepared as long as my back and knees hold out crawling around on the floor. If I regroup big stuff until tomorrow and need some small steps to use time well anyway, I've got those stacks ordered and ready.

Mystery, thank you for the report from totality! How interesting, especially the colors. So glad you aren't having any more trouble getting here.

Dove, are you finished with the work in the attic, or still getting that done?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:18 am

Today I changed things up a bit I swiffered in my bathroom when I first got up and then did the other one.
After that I progressed to the hall dining room and kitchen.
Took the cups to the basement and that took a couple of trips.
Did my QT audio Bible.
Then my s.j. [spiritual journal]
Got the mopping done.
This is the last on my stuff I usually do on Mon. or Tues. so now I feel more on track yea!
The Eclipse there's me off this week.
My step count is great for today and ahead of where I usually am at this point in my day.

bfast x
rest of my morning pages to write. x
De limbed a bush for taking out of here & to be hauled off in the next couple of weeks.
Some may be in the fire pit when I do that activity.

Next up
Some fun drawing as it's to cool & dewy to do much outside still. Using my Easter basket fine line pens.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:12 am

Good morning!

We had a strong thunderstorm come through around 10:45 last night. I started monitoring the storm when it was about 40 miles away from us because it was dropping 2.5" hail and wind was 102mph. Thankfully as it got closer to us the storm line started to break apart which dropped the wind mph. Once I saw the intensity was reducing and the storm didn't have tornado activity, so I went to bed and let it pass over us without monitoring. I slept peacefully for 8 hours and woke up to it still raining.

DH and I are teaming up to cook for church family tonight. We will start the prep at noon. We will fill six shelves in the ovens and two crockpots then it is just monitoring for the next 4 hours. We will return to full time hands-on prep at 4pm and serve the meal at 5:45pm. Because this is a menu we have prepared many times I have a detailed list of what to do and when to do it. It is just a matter of staying up with the timeline and to-do's. We prepare to feed 125 and send any leftovers home with a couple young families feeding multiple kids.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:43 pm

I think we are having leftover chicken. I will heat up the gravy and make mashed potatoes from a box. There are 2 cold salads to finish as well.

It's a gorgeous sunny day here. We spent a lot of time outside this morning. I haven't needed to wear my winter coat for the past 2 days. Yay!!

I bought a large fan for the living room at Walmart this morning. Dh is putting it together right now. It was very well packaged in numerous layers of puffy plastic.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm

I have had lunch.
Then we walked it was mild temps very pleasant outside.
Got my steps in for the day by 12:15!

Got a yt short of the tulips in my yard I put in two bags of them in side by side holes for a group planting.
It is showy red - orange ones look great! It was easier to plant them that way instead of individual
plantings. I saw that on one of the gardening shows that I watched.
My purple leaf plum and apples are just starting to bloom this week too.
I enjoyed seeing the wild canneries in the back yard earlier this morning to.

------
CI
Did get under the mower cleaned.
Did a bit of weeding by the new deck steps too.
Crocheting on my latest hot pad project it is done!
Decluttered peanut butter jars out of the shop and some other smaller ones in boxes
I had out there too so win win! Yea!
Got some vol. plants dug out to share and they left the premises.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm

I got a good report from the dermatologist, none of my moles or age spots were concerning. (She said she called them “wisdom spots.”) She gave me a rx shampoo and ointment for itching for the scalp condition.

Now we are at the family doctor with dh. Cellulitis. I think he is giving dh antibiotics.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:40 pm

I started my day getting my temporary crown put in. Spent almost 2 hours in the chair. My dentist is wonderful as I have extremely sensitive teeth and she never hurt me. I had to have novicane in my gum and she said she hates doing that because it can hurt. Never bothered me

She told me one of the reasons she hates numbing the gum like that is because it always hurts her when she has to have it done. Told her her own dentist much not be as good as her since it didn’t bother me and that mad her laugh and smile.

I’m in for a huge dentist bill this year. I am going to get Invisalign braces because my teeth have shifted so badly. Plus I have two very old filings that are causing me teeth to crack. Oh well it’s better than dentures.

After going to HD to buy very large paper gardening trash bags, Sweetie and I cleaned up our mess from yesterday. There’s a low dropping down on us and the winds are really whipping out there. Our rain is due tonight. My sunnies were staked, but I untied them though I left the stakes in the pots. They were really getting battered by thine winds so I took my garden twine and wrapped all the sunnies in one pot altogether with a big bow.

Harriet…thankfully we didn’t end up in the lake but Sweetie was laughing because he was afraid one of our neighbors were making a video of us and we might have ended up on Americans funnies videos.

And on a happy note, one of my horses in the desert just had a baby…a little girl. She just two weeks old. Remember we do birth control on all our wild mares, but decided since we lost two foals last year due to mountain lions it was ok to leave the mare “open”. That means we didn’t dart her when she came into season. However we just recently darted the mamma because she does into season within 10-12 days after giving birth and is susceptible of getting pregnant again

We also had quite a surprise at the care center. Someone an abandoned a mare at the Forrest and of course we rescued her. She was close to starving and was nursed back to health. Imagine everyone’s surprise when she went into labor during the day and we had a beautiful foal born. He needed some extra help because he couldn’t stand right away, but we were able to nurse him back to health as well . My friends told me the mama was so skinny when we got her there was no way to tell she was carrying a foal.

The vet told us the reason the coal was able to survive after he was born was due to the care and feed we were giving the mama.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:06 pm

Things are going smoothly with the meal prep. After getting DD12 from school we will return to the church kitchen to finish doing the rest of the prep.

Do you have a favorite weather radar website or app? The one I have been using is being difficult and not always available. I am trying https://www.ventusky.com/ but some of the information given only shows in metric and I don't want to do the mental conversion to imperial. The search continue for a radar that shows incoming storm location and data.

Fitbit just told me that my phone operating system is too old to work with their app. I have a Note 8 so I did a little research to find out the hardware is 7 years old and Samsung stopped updating the software. The phone works as good as the day I got it so I am feeling a bit frustrated because being without updates means it becomes a security risk. DD12 has a note 8 too so her phone is also a security risk from no system updates. #Frustrated
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:37 pm

Computer trouble. But well ordered day going well. On phone instead. A partial Desk Day added and made the mail.

Sewing is slow but progressing.

Return to “Post When You Can”